Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Done with ILR!

Respected Member
    Missed this one - congratulations Rayna. Isn't it a nice feeling to get past this point?! Because of all your delays you're a bit ahead of Rose on the naturalisation, she has to wait until June.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Missed this one - congratulations Rayna. Isn't it a nice feeling to get past this point?! Because of all your delays you're a bit ahead of Rose on the naturalisation, she has to wait until June.
    Well, we don't have any plans to do the naturalisation anytime soon. Too much money to spend for that again. We need a holiday first coz the last time we had one was on Nov. 2013 to visit my family in the Philippines.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    After waiting for 4 hrs (10:30 AM appointment and I got the result just before 2:30 PM!), I'm finally done with the ILR! Keith and I only have to starve ourselves as we stayed at Liverpool PSC the whole time, which was a good thing though as the ECO had some clarifications regarding Keith's housing benefit (council's fault anyway).

According to the nice & friendly young lady who did my biometrics, we picked the right day and time to submit the application
    because they only have 8 appointments this day, compared to yesterday's 28. Mind you, it still took us 4 hours of waiting! And we weren't surprised why. Only 4 staff in the check in counters, and they have 31 counters! One lady in the counter even managed to text/be on her mobile phone most of the time instead of working! I think there were also only 4/5 ECO processing the applications.

I also noticed that Keith and I were the only British-Filipino couple there. Most are Indian or Pakistani. And one couple submitted three plastic bags of documents! I'm glad we were there ahead of them. On the opposite area from where we were, there were lots of immigrants probably applying for different types of visa. And I couldn't see any Filipinas too.

Anyway, at least everything's done. I can apply for my naturalisation tomorrow too. But I won't be doing that. Keith and I need a holiday first.
    Was on holiday when this all happened Rayna. Sincere congratulations to yourself and Keith from both Maritess and yours truly. Well done!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information