Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Philippines passport for children born in UK

Our two boys were born here in England. My wife is Filipino and I am British. The boys already have British passports. We have registered their births with the Philippines Embassy here in UK. We now want to apply for Filipino passports for my boys which I think must be done before they turn 18?

Has anyone done this? Any information or help/advice would be much appreciated.

Daryl

Daryl, having checked your profile, it is you I used to work with at Heathrow, so you must let me have your phone number - as we are in a similar situation. Alternatively, send me a message on Facebook. You know my full name and it's so easy to find on there.

Best Regards,
    Malcolm Harding

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarylTooth View Post
    Our two boys were born here in England. My wife is Filipino and I am British. The boys already have British passports. We have registered their births with the Philippines Embassy here in UK. We now want to apply for Filipino passports for my boys which I think must be done before they turn 18?

Daryl
    Hi,

Here's the process and requirements for applying a passport:

http://philembassy-uk.org/consular-matters/passport
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I have looked at the Phil Embassy site and it looks easy but was hoping for answers from someone who has already done this. We live 100 miles away from London and do not want to get there and find a problem.

Having been at the Embassy less than 3 weeks ago, I will give you the low down when I call you Tuesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by malchard888 View Post
    Having been at the Embassy less than 3 weeks ago, I will give you the low down when I call you Tuesday night.
    Would be nice if you could find the time to publish your experience here for the benefit of all those who find themselves in the same position ?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Would be nice if you could find the time to publish your experience here for the benefit of all those who find themselves in the same position ?

I was not applying for passports for the children - only my wife - but the experience in the Embassy was something of an ordeal as it was far too busy. But that may have been because of the Xmas holiday shutdown and we were there the second day after reopening.

We arrived there at approximately 11am and left 4pm and if you have young children in tow within a crowded environment it is not a pleasurable experience.

Quote Originally Posted by malchard888 View Post
    I was not applying for passports for the children - only my wife - but the experience in the Embassy was something of an ordeal as it was far too busy. But that may have been because of the Xmas holiday shutdown and we were there the second day after reopening.

We arrived there at approximately 11am and left 4pm and if you have young children in tow within a crowded environment it is not a pleasurable experience.
    I think it may have been down to the usual Xmas rush.
    Whenever we've needed to go to the Embassy we've also had a pretty efficient and good experience.

We probably went around 5 or 6 times between last July and October.

It's a world away from the chaos it used to be years ago at their previous hard to get to location.

Quote Originally Posted by DarylTooth View Post

Daryl
    One of the things I am trying to find out is does my wife need to renew her passport before we apply for passports for the boys. If it does this will mean two trips to the Embassy. I have e-mailed and phoned but no answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

Hi I will post my experiences after getting all sorted (hopefully) in about two weeks.

Hoping to do this myself too soon...

Baby is due to be born any day now... And Harlene is on about going home for a visit in the Summer 2016...

SO plenty of time, but that time will soon be next to nothing, so the sooner I get things done the better.

Obviously I need to register the birth here and apply for a UK passport... But it's the next step in obtaining a Philippine passport I know nothing about.... So wouldn't mind knowing how other people went about it

Hi All
    Last weekend my wife, our two boys and I went to the Philippines Embassy outreach in Manchester to get my wifes passport renewed (old one runout about 5 years ago) and first passports for the boys. This is the second time we have used outreach and think it works a lot faster than going to the Embassy in London.

We had already registared the boys birth with the Embassy and appiled and got dual citizenship for them and my wife. We checked the Embassy web page and made sure we had all documents requested. We contacted by phone one of the contacts who had arranged the outreach and were give appointment times between 9.30 and 10.30 the lady advised it would run to time and not Filipno Time.

We arrived 09.10 and were given ticket number 5/6/7. We then went to the waiting room. As one would except at a Filipino do food was being sold you could also get tea/coffe etc. Out side you could buy your Filipino supplies. We were called around 10.15 so only 45 mins late.

My wife went first and talking to only one person sorted all the paperwork for all three of them without any problems and no going from person to person I hear happens in the Embassy. This took around 20 to 25 mins then moved about 10 feet to have photo taken and thum print (E passports) for all three which took another 10 mins approx. All finished.

From arrival at 09.10 to departure took around 2 1/2 hours approx. Not sure how long it would have taken at the embassy but I was happy.

One of the reasons we wanted Philippines passports for the boys is we have a house (in wifes name) in the Phil and if we die want it to go to the boys and we hope doing this will make it easier. We are also going to Cambodia later this year and as a Filipino you do not need a visa so saving around £20 each. The Philippines passports cost £45 (I think) so seemed a good time to get them.

Hope this helps any questions let me know.

Hi All
    After my last post on this subject I thought we had be very clever going to outreach in Manchester. We were told passports would take about 8 to 10 weeks to arrive. After 11 weeks I contacted Phil Embassy only to be told another 2 weeks. Last week 16 weeks since we applied and unable to contact passport section at the embassy ringing for over 1 hour each day (cuts out after 2 mins and I redialed). Contacted main switch board still no joy. Some one gave me a mobile number for high up person in embassy who I contacted only to be told no passports have come back from any outreach and if we already had passport they could be extended for 1 year. As we were applying for 1st passports for the boys this was no good. So we just have to wait. Has anyone else had this problem. told 8 to 10 weeks 18 weeks later still waiting not the way to treat your own country men. My advice do not apply for new passports at outreach which makes them a bit of a waste of time.

Oh dear, that's a shame. My sister-in-law always renews her passport in person at the Embassy in London without any problems. It's so easy to get to London from Stamford/Peterborough on the train, hopefully you'll have better luck next time.

Rosie1958, yes it is easy to get from Peterborough to London by train but I was told you have to wait all day. Next time I will go to Embassy and just have to wait. My advice again is do not go to outreach for passports and if it needs to be sent to Manila may be a waste of time for anything else. Check first. Again how can Philippines Embassy treat its own people like this.
    Today I applied for one of my boys British passport; will be interesting to see which one comes first.

Hi All well on Thursday my boys passports arrived. Just over 20 weeks after we applied for them and were told between 8 to 10 weeks. Luckily we are not going on holiday until next month. As I have been married to a Filipina for over 19 years I was expecting a few weeks extra. It would have been nice if the Embassy would answer the phone or reply to the 4 e-mails I sent them. I would advise if the Embassy advise it will take 10 weeks given them double. Do not leave it to last minute or you may miss your flight/holiday.
    I also received by oldest boys British passport on Friday 3 weeks after applying.

GREAT news and *good advice ... in spite of - and *because of - the Embassy's tendency to "drag its heels".

Thread Information