Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Lightbulb Bi implements paperless annual report system

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) implemented a paperless filing system for the annual report (AR) requirement for foreigners beginning January 1 this year.

Source

Don't kid yourself Peter. Not in Davao anyway I did online registration, fine no problem, but at Davao office they want paper so they give you three sheets to fill in, and they want photo, and copy of passport, entry date, expire date and so on and so on. They check you have correct paperwork before you enter the office. All the staff and the boss have been replaced there, new broom sweeps clean.
    But after all that it was the quickest visit I have had there, about 30-40 mins start to finish. (you will understand Peter what im saying about a new broom) Try and do all your copies before you get there as there is no longer copy facilitie.

Hi jonnijon,
    After a couple of days of trying their link for the form without any luck I phoned them and they said the website wasn't working so go to the office. They informed me about having a photo and copies of the ACR card and passport stuff.

Went to the office. Arrived around 12 noon. They had a desk outside with the form and plenty of tables for form filling. I asked the lady at the desk to mark the questions I needed to answer. Just my name, address, ACR number, passport number, DOB and the name and DOB of my wife.
    That was it. Into the office hand over the docs, make payment P310, get copy of the receipt and hand over that was it. For me it was a maximum 15 mins only.
    All done.

Even had time to get to the BIR office to try and get a TIN number and cert of residence. That was the nightmare visit.

Did you get this for your UK tax relief ?
    How?

No I only pay tiny amount tax on my pension, not worth the hassel with BIR BI site came back up and I filled it all in, but it was a waste of time as Davao only wants paper.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    No I only pay tiny amount tax on my pension, not worth the hassel with BIR:NoNo
    Hmmm, food for thought I'll do some calculations to see if it's worth all the stress and a visit to BIR in Manila.
    I'm currently paying over £100 per month in tax. That's a pretty big deal if I can avoid it

Really??? Why do you pay that much? I thought there was an income/pension related UK-Fil zero tax agreement.
    I might have a pittance of a pension one day so very interested.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Really??? Why do you pay that much? I thought there was an income/pension related UK-Fil zero tax agreement.
    I might have a pittance of a pension one day so very interested.
    Fred,
    In order to claim relief of UK tax you need to provide HMRC with the Philippines TIN & Certificate of Residence as proof you will have some allowable part of your income free of UK tax.

The UK state pension and any other form of 'government pension' is not allowed relief in the Philippines.

So for me. my state pension, my HMRC pension and Home office pension are not allowed relief under the double taxation agreement with Philippines.
    Since I became eligible for the UK State pension I must pay 20% tax on my Taxable income after personal allowance.

I'm trying to get the needed documentation from BIR to satisfy HMRC that my personal occupational pensions can be taxed here in Philippines at zero rate.

Proving to be much more difficult than all the ex-pat experts state.
    So much so that I'm considering having an Attorney from city hall help me with my claim which, it seems, needs to be approved by the BIR International and legal section in Quezon City.

If the UK government scraps the personal allowances for ex-pats everyone will be in a panic I reckon.

Wow!! Thanks..I had no idea the UK requirements would be so hard for you to secure here..
    We just sent the Mrs and kids passports for renewal.. The biggest hoop they set for us was how to pay..
    For some strange reason they would not accept a local credit card..Only a UK one which we no longer have..
    WTF???!!!! Lucky we are in no hurry I suppose!

Thread Information