Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Seek for advice. Dependant child visa question?

Hi all, here I am again asking for your help. I know some of you here have an experience for this.

I've started now to fill up the application form online for my child as a dependant child visa.

There is a question here on the form:

The relationship of my child to my husband. What will I answer?

Uncle, other relative, friend???
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

Yes, my husband is not her biological father.
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

Quote Originally Posted by Ann1984 View Post
    Hi all, here I am again asking for your help. I know some of you here have experience for this.

I started now to fill up application form online for my child as a dependant child visa.

There is a question here on the form:
    The relationship of my child to my husband.
    What will I answer?
    What visa do you hold at the moment ? And what form are you completing? Are you in the PH at the moment and applying at the same time as your child OR are you already settled here in the UK?
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    What visa do you hold at the moment ? And what form are you completing? Are you in the PH at the moment and applying at the same time as your child OR are you already settled here in the UK?
    I was refused last year on 2014 of January, and I got married last month of December. I have been in the UK for 2 times on a visitor visa year 2012 - 2013.

I will apply a Settlement Visa and my daughter will apply dependent child visa, this coming 25th of February. I was stuck at the Question on the form about the relationship of my daughter to my husband.

Trusted Member
    Presumably...stepdaughter ?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Presumably...stepdaughter ?
    Yes a stepdaughter, but the answer has 3 choices, only 1 answer I choose.. Uncle? Other relatives? Or friend?
    Do you think other relatives is correct?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Yes a stepdaughter, but the answer has 3 choices, only 1 answer I choose.. Uncle? Other relatives? Or friend?
    Do you think other relatives is correct?
    Yeah, you can put "Other" and it might give you an option afterwards (I think it will be the case) to fill up so you can put "stepdaughter".
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Yeah, you can put "Other" and it might give you an option afterwards (I think it will be the case) to fill up so you can put "stepdaughter".
    Thanks a lot Rayna, I will finish this tomorrow!

I was refused last year on 2014 of January, and I got married last month of December. I have been in the UK for 2 times on a visitor visa year 2012 - 2013.

I will apply a Settlement Visa and my daughter will apply dependent child visa, this coming 25th of February. I was stuck at the Question on the form about the relationship of my daughter to my husband.
    Oh I see,..Make sure you are accomplishing the right form Family Settlement (there should be less questions for minor children, as you'll basically be the one answering for your child as she is your dependant)..as Rayna suggested ''other'' there should be an option for stepdaughter...but definitely do not answer uncle/friend.

Good luck.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Oh I see,..Make sure you are accomplishing the right form Family Settlement (there should be less questions for minor children, as you'll basically be the one answering for your child as she is your dependant)..as Rayna suggested ''other'' there should be an option for stepdaughter...but definitely do not answer uncle/friend.

Good luck.
    Thanks a lot for your concern! I'll copy! I will post soon the outcome of my visa application.

Thanks once again, that's a great help for my family. This forum is a blessing to us! God bless you all and have a great day.

Ann,
    Just be very sure you are completing the correct visa application form.

It should be the same one for both you and your child.

Don't use the Appendix 1 form for your child

Good luck from here

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Ann,
    Just be very sure you are completing the correct visa application form.

It should be the same one for both you and your child.

Don't use the Appendix 1 form for your child

Good luck from here
    Hello Terpe, Good day to you!

It says here in the form, " you must name your children on your application, but you'll need to apply for them separately".

I making 2 application form.
    1 . for me as a settlement(wife) then,
    2. for my child settelment - child or other dependent of settled person.

I include To support our application Form SUO7. I not sure what type of appendix above I mention, for my child. I also read here about appendix 5.

Looking forward to hear of your thoughts!
    God bless u

Hello Terpe, Good day to you!

It says here in the form, " you must name your children on your application, but you'll need to apply for them separately".

I making 2 application form.
    1 . for me as a settlement(wife) then,
    2. for my child settelment - child or other dependent of settled person.

I include To support our application Form SUO7. I not sure what type of appendix above I mention, for my child. I also read here about appendix 5.

Looking forward to hear of your thoughts!
    God bless u
    Sorry Ann, I wasn't trying to confuse you. Just confirming that you're completing the correct application forms.

Seems you got it all OK

Forget Appendix 5
    That only applies for those making application for a visa to come to the UK to exercise access rights to a child living in the UK.

In connection with SUO7 if it's mandatory then you have no choice. Otherwise it's down to your own decision.

Good luck

Yes

yes I was confuse, hehehe.. But anyway Terpe, It is very good also that you ask this? If it's not I doesn't knew If i did a mistake! I take a lot of time for this to study, you knew, settlement is very expensive.. Huhuhu! Sorry for my husband, work very hard for all of these.

Love is not about a long distance, it's takes an effort of both to work it out, and live together.. A happily ever.. After.

I do praising all husband here do a lot of efforts of spending lots of £££££ just to bring thier love ones in UK.

Terpe thank you for being a good friend here and helping others!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    yes I was confuse, hehehe.. But anyway Terpe, It is very good also that you ask this? If it's not I doesn't knew If i did a mistake! I take a lot of time for this to study, you knew, settlement is very expensive.. Huhuhu! Sorry for my husband, work very hard for all of these.

Love is not about a long distance, it's takes an effort of both to work it out, and live together.. A happily ever.. After.

I do praising all husband here do a lot of efforts of spending lots of £££££ just to bring thier love ones in UK.

Terpe thank you for being a good friend here and helping others!
    Well said Ann

Thread Information