Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Balikbayan Box

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Balikbayan Box

I dont know wether or not this is the correct forum for this item,but he goes.My dad in England sent off a Balikbayan Box off via Jireh Cargo on the 18th October 2014 and we ( my wife & I) have still not received it yet.I can understand it might take a bit longer due to the Chrristmas/New Year Season,but surely it wouldnt take this long.I thought the averrage was between 7 - 8 weeks.Has anybody else experiencedthis before

check that this company is not on the philippine blacklist with customs because there have been a few problems with dodgy cargo shippers lately.next time stick with LBC OR FOREX.

Quote Originally Posted by neil9011 View Post
    I dont know wether or not this is the correct forum for this item,but he goes.My dad in England sent off a Balikbayan Box off via Jireh Cargo on the 18th October 2014 and we ( my wife & I) have still not received it yet.I can understand it might take a bit longer due to the Chrristmas/New Year Season,but surely it wouldnt take this long.I thought the averrage was between 7 - 8 weeks.Has anybody else experiencedthis before
    What does Jireh Cargo say ?
    Can they tell you when the box was loaded on a vessel ?

never heard of them and posting october would send alarm bells to me

As I recall Neil, you've used these forwarders before and found them to be very good based on your experience.

If you box is headed for Manila I would have expected it to have been delivered already.
    If headed for Mindanao add on a few weeks.

But it all depends on the date the vessel that the box was loaded onto actually departed UK

W sent a box off for christmas in late September with LBC. I was tracking it all the way, it got to Manila 24 Dec and they received it yesterday, 10th Jan in province in Cebu.

Yes, it was over the christmas period but it was sent to arrive for christmas not after and this was with LBC so i would not start to panic to much at the moment.

Respected Member
    we always use alsomavic and never had any problems.
    we sent 2 boxes the first week of October to Mindanao and
    they arrived yesterday jan 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    W sent a box off for christmas in late September with LBC. I was tracking it all the way, it got to Manila 24 Dec and they received it yesterday, 10th Jan in province in Cebu.

Yes, it was over the christmas period but it was sent to arrive for christmas not after and this was with LBC so i would not start to panic to much at the moment.
    We sent a number of boxes with LBC throughout August September October and November

All arrived in good time.
    The last one we sent was picked up Nov 3 2014 and is not yet delivered, but it's here in Davao now.

Here's the tracking schedule:-

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil9011 View Post
    I've been sending boxes for over 23 years and they've always taken about three months, don't worry!

Where in the Philippines do you live?
    If the box was to pass through Manila, the chances are it will have been delayed due to the congestion at the port. Sometime last year the Manila city government decided to implement a day time lorry ban. This has resulted in containers not leaving the port on time.

Blame Erap

We had a box sent to us in October which should have arrived early in December.. The ship was stuck in a Japanese port due to bad weather apparently and arrived in Manila 2 weeks ago where it still sits.. Hopefully we get it this month and open our Christmas stuff then.. I`ll stick on another Christmas roast and make a day of it..
    No point moaning about it...Its late and thats it!

Thanks for that jake.Ilive in Manggahan which is about 10 mins drive from Dasmarinas

Thanks Fred.I am not moaning,but just concerned that it has not been delivered yet,I even contacted the agent for Jireh Cargo and he said they havent received it yet

The agent for Jireh ( England) said the box would be picked p on the 18th October 2014 because the shipping shedule was on the 20th October.I dont know what shipping company they use,but I automatically thought it would be CGA CGM,so I followed the cargo ships which were due to sail that day from Tilbury

Thread Information