Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Is it Ok if I will submit my Certificate of Marriage not from the NSO?

Hi Everyone,

I will book my appointment next month of February. If I submit my Certificate of Marriage to support my Spouse visa, do you think the British Embassy will accept this?

A reason is the LCR here in my town. could not accept for a while an application of electronic certificate of marriage (NSO). Due to a typhoon SiNYANG, they could not travel to a NSO Office in Butuan due to a massive landslide, floods and muddy roads, and now it's under repair.

I am very much thankful of all your advices. This would be a big help for me.

Anna
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

Respected Member
    Hi Ann, from my own knowledge the Embassy only accept an authenticated marriage cert. document from NSO.

Respected Member
    By the way, are you going to submit here in Manila? You can request here in Manila in just a day.

I see. I will go to Manila soon to submit my application.

Can you tell me details on how to obtain Certification Of Marriage authenticated in Manila?
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

We didn't have our NSO Marriage Certificate, so what we did was get them to stamp the church certificate as evidence that we had submitted it to NSO and they were happy with that.

When we went to Manila British Embassy, any NSO Certificates issued in Cagayan that were not on the right paper they, the Embassy, classed them as fake. We went to NSO ourselves to get acceptable documents. Long queues but seated maybe 2 hours, and issued that day.

Have all your details ready!

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    We didn't have our NSO Marriage Certificate, so what we did was get them to stamp the church certificate as evidence that we had submitted it to NSO and they were happy with that.
    Hi Abigail, thank you.. It would be a big help for my application. When did you apply?

Yes, my Certificate of Marriage did have a stamp and was signed by the head officer of the Local Registrar Office

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    When we went to Manila British Embassy any NSO Certificates issued in Cagayan that were not on the right paper they, the Embassy, classed them as fake. We went to NSO ourselves to get acceptable documents. long queues but seated maybe 2 hours, and issued that day.

Have all your details ready!
    Hi imagine! Yes my details here are all ready. Thank you for sharing your experience, it's a big help for me soon.

Hi Ann, we were married in Bacolod in February 2014 and then we submitted my husband's visa application in April. A friend of ours took the Church Marriage Certificate to Manila and got it stamped. I will try to attach pictures of the stamps for you in a separate post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann1984 View Post
    Hi imagine! Yes my details here are all ready, thank you for sharing your experience, a big help for me soon.
    You're welcome and I hope it all goes smoothly and well for you both.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Hi Ann, we were married in Bacolod in February 2014 and then we submitted my husband's visa application in April. A friend of ours took the Church Marriage Certificate to Manila and got it stamped. I will try to attach pictures of the stamps for you in a separate post.
    Hi Abigail copy of the photos, I will try to show these in the LCR, maybe they will give me this documents. Thanks to you.. I will update soon about this.

Respected Member
    Hi Ann, I'm just concerned about the docs you will submit at the Embasy based on my opinion. It's safer to submit authenticated documents and an NSO Marriage Cert is one of the important docs. It's easy to obtain this Marriage Cert. Just go to NSO office and present your Marriage Cert from the Municipal Office where you applied then, in just an hour, you can have the authentic *NSO Marriage Cert. *It's more safe!

Quote Originally Posted by hellersarah View Post
    Hi Ann, I'm just concerned about the docs you will submit at the Embasy based on my opinion. It's safer to submit authenticated documents and an NSO Marriage Cert is one of the important docs. It's easy to obtain this Marriage Cert. Just go to the NSO Office and present your Marriage Cert from the Municipal Office where you applied then, in just an hour, you can have the authentic *NSO Marriage Cert. *It's more safe!
    Yeah, you are right. Do you think if I will request electronic Marriage Certificate from NSO at their office, they will grant my request? I just married last month on 6th December. I did try to request online a while ago on NSO website, but they only grant 2 months or 4 months after the date of marriage.

We will see if they have other options. If not, no choice, I will try to obtain the stamp. Fingers crossed for this journey.

I was in LCR this morning, God is so good, I can get my electronic Certificate of Marriage this coming Monday at the NSO Office. Travel here 45 mins., by bus.

Cheers everyone! Life is so good! And God is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Ann1984 View Post
    I was in LCR this morning, God is so good, I can get my electronic Certificate of Marriage this coming Monday at the NSO Office. Travel here 45 mins, by bus.

Cheers everyone! Life is so good! And God is good!
    Hello Anna. Glad to hear you can get your NSO authenticated copy of your Marriage Certificate sooner than expected. Good luck with your visa application. Can't wait to hear your success story.

Thread Information