Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    Labour also nearly bankrupted the USA, Russia and most of Europe and the world

Now if they had the family silver to sell off Oh, there wasn't much left - Thatcher sold it all off. Where did the money go Les? £50bn+
    Where & why did all the gold reserves go ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Labour sold it all off cheap so chav dossers on council estates could look 'ard innit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Labour sold it all off cheap so chav dossers on council estates could look 'ard innit
    There was me thinking there was some sound economic reasoning behind it

Trusted Member
    Health concerns us all, so we all have opinions about healthcare, not all backed up by good evidence.

Jeremy Hunt has only been English Health Secretary since September 2012. As control over each country’s health system was devolved since the late 1990s, the opinions of EACH health minister also affect policies – Shona Robison ( Scotland ), Mark Drakeford ( Wales ) and Jim Wells ( Northern Ireland ). Each country has a tax-funded service with universal coverage, similar values, and similar operating principles, with comprehensive benefits – but the differing policies don’t appear to have made much measurable difference to health between them.

A & E departments ARE under real pressure – more people are turning up at A & E. Attendance rates are higher in England and Northern Ireland than Scotland and Wales. NO UK health service can claim that 95% of patients spend less than 4 hours in A & E at the moment – but this is just ONE performance indicator ! Some conditions need to be seen urgently ; others can wait several hours. UK A & E still compares favourably with systems in many other countries including the Philippines.

Several NHS hospital trusts have declared " major incident " status recently. Such incidents are " any occurrence that presents serious threat to the health of the community, disruption to the service or causes such numbers or types of casualties to require special arrangements to be implemented ". This means they can bring in extra staff, divert staff from other activities, and postpone " some routine procedures " ( such as non-emergency operations ).

Reasons - with at least SOME good evidence - for the A & E " crisis " include :-

• Ageing population ( pointed out by Arthur, among others ).

• Up to a third of those attending A & E COULD have been treated elsewhere – by a GP ( although most people go to A & E during working hours ) ; minor injuries unit / walk in centre ; or pharmacist. " NHS 111 " MAY have increased numbers referred to A & E.

• Cuts to social care ( council budgets inadequate ) – elderly people more likely to need A & E, then " bed blocking " if admitted.

• Staff shortages – nurses, doctors in training and consultants – aggravated by insufficient numbers of GPs ( no compulsion to enter such specialities ).

• Political " point scoring ", instead of cooperating, to solve the problems – not only in A & E but also the NHS as a whole.

• More resources – money and staff – needed, for the NHS and A & E.

• Possible solutions include a dedicated ( " hypothecated " ) NHS tax ; diverting resources from other budgets to the NHS ; more insurance and direct payments ; competition between healthcare providers and privatisation ( no evidence of a realistic possibility - for either A & E, or most of the NHS as a whole ).

The election run-in doesn’t need relentless disputes between politicians about each party’s health data and track records. OUR NHS needs political parties and experienced healthcare workers to COLLABORATE in providing best NHS and SOCIAL care for people living longer, with more complex and expensive illnesses ( urgent and long term ).

It employs 1.7 million people and keeps many more healthy enough to work and enjoy life. Of course it could improve – just like any other large organization, but there’s no one simple solution. It’s still the envy of our Filipino friends, for whom if health care can’t be afforded, they stay ill ( or worse ).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    " NHS 111 " MAY have increased numbers referred to A & E.

Valid point Doc - 1st time I heard that this was probably going on was on the radio this morning - I wonder where the NHS 111 call centres are ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    What was the value of the good reserves Dedworth ?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

What was the value of the good reserves Dedworth
    Not sure about the good reserves

The gold reserves were sold market value though, fair enough but the rest of the precious metal dealers in the world were buying because the price was going up daily. The-one eyed Scottish moron being in charge of the Nation's Economy at the time should have known this and kept hold of a very valuable asset

Sold at $277/oz peaked at $1780/oz

Generated £3.5 Billion, could have generated £22.5 Billion

How much difference could that £19 Billion make to the NHS

How much difference could that £19 Billion make to the NHS

Did you mean $ or £ ? I would have thought you would have known the difference being a businessman

When did gold peak at $1780/oz Oh, 12 yrs later! Why didn't Cameron sell what was left then when it was at its peak ?

£19 Billion what Tory fantasy comic have you been reading, even the Daily Snail only goes as high as £9billion.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...old-cheap.html

Yet the truth is ...

http://ampp3d.mirror.co.uk/2014/04/1...gold-sell-off/
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

You've answered the question in your own post Joe

$ as in the price of gold and £ as in the amount of money it generated and could have generated for the British economy, I thought it was fairly obvious Maybe not

Sold at $277/oz peaked at $1780/oz

Generated £3.5 Billion, could have generated £22.5 Billion

$ as in the price of gold and £ as in the amount of money it generated and could have generated for the British economy, I thought it was fairly obvious Maybe not
    no, its not fairly obvious to me, where did you get your figures from, £3.5billion and £22.5 billion

maybe ..

$277oz * 32,000 oz in a ton * 400 tonnes = $3,545,600,000 or $3.5 Billion not £, looks like i know the difference between $ and the £

Price of bullion was at 20-year low when Brown sold 400 tonnes for £2bn in 1999

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3OObkIjZJ
    no comment on my link

tell me how much thatcher got for the family sliver , oh and dont forget to add the £1billion lost last year with the sale of the post office

Joe, I'm not getting into another slanging match with you. Let's face it the price of gold, silver, the post office or a loaf of bread has sod all to do with the original topic.
    Let's try and keep on track for once shall we

Joe, I'm not getting into another slanging match with you. Let's face it the price of gold, silver, the post office or a loaf of bread has sod all to do with the original topic.
    Let's try and keep on track for once shall we
    it was dedworth and then you who mentioned gold reserves

because your wrong again, I'll leave you in the hole you've dug before you dig any deeper

it was dedworth and then you who mentioned gold reserves

because your wrong again, I'll leave you in the hole you've dug before you dig any deeper
    Suggest you go back and read your post 28 again Joe, the one about selling off the silver which started the derailing of the topic as usual

By the way what did your mrs say when you asked her how many people who attended A&E could have been dealt with by a local GP

If you need a shovel, then just ask

Suggest you go back and read your post 28 again Joe, the one about selling off the silver which started the derailing of the topic as usual

By the way what did your mrs say when you asked her how many people who attended A&E could have been dealt with by a local GP

If you need a shovel, then just ask
    try going back to this post

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Thanks to Labour nearly bankrupting the country

as for the misses, ones who go to A & e with a cough or cold, but not many of them come in ambulances, and they are sent off on their way home pretty quickly and they dont take up hospital beds or tents

no i dont need a shovel, but if i need one i know who to ask, you've got a few

try going back to this post

as for the misses, ones who go to A & e with a cough or cold, but not many of them come in ambulances, and they are sent off on their way home pretty quickly and they dont take up hospital beds or tents

no i dont need a shovel, but if i need one i know who to ask, you've got a few

Don't recall anyone asking how they got there

Les didn't mention anything about Gold, Silver or anything else, he just stated a fact

You were the one who started on the selling off silver, don't blame others Joe.
    Just admit you're wrong

Back to the topic shall we before another one gets closed

read the title of the thread
    NHS Under Pressure, Admits Health Secretary
    the Ambulance service is under pressure, which is part of the NHS
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/nh...s-9963119.html

facts are thatcher sold the family sliver and brown sold gold , if you look Les posted before me about the labour party

the only 1 wrong is you, where did you get £3.5 billion from

i bet you wish it was closed, so you can start filling your hole in

but i have one more post to make on this thread, but its not about you so to you..

read the title of the thread

the Ambulance service is under pressure, which is part of the NHS
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/nh...s-9963119.html

facts are thatcher sold the family sliver and brown sold gold , if you look Les posted before me about the labour party

the only 1 wrong is you, where did you get £3.5 billion from

i bet you wish it was closed, so you can start filling your hole in

but i have one more post to make on this thread, but its not about you so to you..

Once again twisting words to suit your so called argument, you said you'd ask your mrs how many people came into A&E who could have been treated by a GP nothing about how many came in an ambulance.

I've already told you, not that many, the ones who come in with coughs and colds. GP's dont treat people who have had a heart attack or stroke they go to A & E, or those who need stitches or have broken bones etc

I've already told you, not that many, the ones who come in with coughs and colds. GP's dont treat people who have had a heart attack or stroke they go to A & E, or those who need stitches or have broken bones etc
    No, you said not that many of them come in ambulances, therefore insinuating that some do
    So, according to your mrs people do turn up at A&E with coughs and colds

You can blame Cameron who scrapped NHS Direct - that used Nurses to answer calls - for his 111 service which, in many cases, uses unqualified call handlers who have sent Ambulances for ....

Our inquiries to ambulance crews across the country have revealed shocking cases of inappropriate emergency referrals by 111 call handlers.
    http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/...re-emergencies

and

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/550...elpline-blamed

people with coughs and colds do go to A & E but they would have to get past the receptionist, then past the Nurse who might tell them to go and see their GP or go to the out of hours surgery and if they did get to see a doctor and it wasn't an emergency they would be sent on their way pretty quickly, but if it's a young child that will probably be a different matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information