Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NHS Under Pressure, Admits Health Secretary

Well what do you know? . People have only been telling him for the last 4 years. T**T!

http://news.sky.com/story/1402915/nh...alth-secretary

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Well, what do you know? . People have only been telling him for the last 4 years. T**T!

http://news.sky.com/story/1402915/nh...alth-secretary
    Him and his predecessors ... not only him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Him and his predecessor ... not only him.
    Just as they'll tell his successors too ... ... whatever his/her/their political colours.

Problem being, of course, the NHS has, for decades, been top-heavy with glorified penpushers and professionally understaffed!

Just as they'll tell his successor too ... ... whatever his/her/their political colours.

Problem being, of course, the NHS has, for decades, been top-heavy with glorified penpushers and professionally understaffed!
    ... plus, people are living to a much greater age than ever before. s like me, for instance, might be around for another 30 years yet.

Arthur, one reason why it's got worse is:

A significant factor in this is the squeeze on councils' social care budgets. Many of the patients who end up in hospital are frail and elderly, and when they are ready to be released need support in the community to get back on their feet. If it's not there, they have to stay in hospital, which occupies a bed often needed for other patients.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30415396

You need look no further than Salford Royal Hospital to realise the point the NHS has got to.

The trust is generally regarded as one of the best - if not the best - in the UK. It outperforms its counterparts on a whole host of measures from patient satisfaction to waiting times.

But in early December it missed the four-hour A&E waiting time target - dipping below the 95% standard by the narrowest of margins. Since then weekly performance has got even worse. This is not a quirk. It's been dragged down along with the rest of the hospital sector.
    This is my local hospital, the Tories closed the maternity ward. that in a city of 250,000 people it doesn't have a maternity ward and at one of the best NHS hospitals
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Well, Joe ... the *reason you've quoted above is certainly a very! But what I've already cited in the second paragraph of the post immediately prior to it is * its antecedent - because people are living longer lives ... ... and so there's bound to be a considerable backlash - leading to a MASSIVE depletion of resources - as a result!

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

Salford Royal Hospital

This is my local hospital, the Tories closed the maternity ward. that in a city of 250,000 people it doesn't have a maternity ward and at one of the best NHS hospitals
    That IS shocking ... ! But this is exactly what the former Tayside Health Board did with the modern, state-of-the-art Maternity Block at Perth Royal Infirmary barely 20 years after it was built ... at a time when ('scuse pun) the last Labour Government was in power.

Nowadays some young mothers-to-be are forced to travel upwards of 50 miles from Highland Perthshire to their nearest facility at Ninewells Hospital in Dundee in order to give birth.

How is that!

Banned
    As I've said before much of this goes back to the millions of immigrants let in by Labour who have never had a doctor and go to A & E at the drop of a hat compounded by their laughable 2004 GP contracts less hours for more pay

Banned
    That IS shocking ... ! But this is exactly what the former Tayside Health Board did with the modern, state-of-the-art Maternity Block at Perth Royal Infirmary barely 20 years after it was built ... at a time when ('scuse pun) the last Labour Government was in power.

Nowadays some young mothers-to-be are forced to travel upwards of 50 miles from Highland Perthshire to their nearest facility at Ninewells Hospital in Dundee in order to give birth.

How is that!
    I thought NHS Scotland was fully devolved and run by the Scottish Government

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    As I've said before much of this goes back to the millions of immigrants let in by Labour who have never had a doctor and go to A & E at the drop of a hat compounded by their laughable 2004 GP contracts less hours for more pay
    Immigrants are still being let in by the Tories. You have to extend the services in accordance with the population and that means building more facilities and employing more staff. Not cutting back and closing hospitals. Jeremy *unt and the Tories have cost the Health Service billions with their reforms and now ordinary people are paying the price.

Banned
    Best not to mention Labour run NHS Wales then

Where did they get those figures from?

Banned
    Where did they get those figures from?
    Biased Broadcasting Corporation so they must me right buried towards bottom of page http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30679949

However, the performance in England is still better than elsewhere in the UK. The data in the other nations lags a bit behind England.

In Wales the data from November shows just 83.8% of patients were seen in time.

Northern Ireland is performing even worse - just over 80% of patients were seen within four hours in November.

Scotland has a slightly tougher waiting time target - 98% of patients should be seen in four hours - but in September 93.5% were.

Comparing the September figures for England and Scotland shows England was performing slightly better in that month.
    A&E performance across the UK
    Nation Target Latest performance

England

95% of patients in four hours

92.6% October to December

Northern Ireland

80.5% in November

Scotland

98% of patients in four hours

93.5% of patients in September

Wales

83.8% of patients in November

It means according to latest data all parts of the UK are missing the A&E waiting time target.

The data is wrong. Anyway I do not think anyone would be bothered about any other nations if they were lying on a trolley waiting to be seen for 4 hours. I don't think you would be to happy Ded if one of your loved ones were in that position.

Banned
    The data is wrong.
    Can you expand on that

Anyway I do not think anyone would be bothered about any other nations if they were lying on a trolley waiting to be seen for 4 hours. I dont think you would be to happy Ded if one of your loved ones were in that position.
    I've had all that in the good old days

When my Mum had a stroke in 1999, when she was admitted and died the next day in 2009 and when my Dad was admitted Sept 2005 (passing away after some fairly poor treatment 3 months later)

So you believe data from the BBC? In 1999, the Labour Government was setting about putting the NHS right again after John Major and the Tories had messed it up again.

I thought NHS Scotland was fully devolved and run by the Scottish Government
    Yes, it IS ... and SNP currently holds the majority of seats in Scotland. But the closure I'm talking about, took place at a time when Labour was the ruling Party north of the Border.

As a senior nurse I have never seen it as bad as this before.

Many NHS Trusts have seen the highest level of emergency admissions since the NHS started.

Many Trusts have declared major incidents.

Sadly a lot of people are attending A+E because they can't or won't get an appointment with a GP.

In my area there is loads of new housing and hospitals have not been developed or capacity increased to cope.

I'm fed up of hearing people in the corridor slagging off nursing staff and other NHS staff because their relative has been waiting for a bed for hours. Not enough people can be discharged because they are either too sick or are medically fit but there are no care hours available so they can go home.

People traditionally dump their elderly relatives in hospital over Christmas as well which doesn't help.

Sad state of affairs.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Absolutely correct!

I can't see any Party letting the NHS go in the immediate future!

Banned
    So you believe data from the BBC? In 1999, the Labour Government was setting about putting the NHS right again after John Major and the Tories had messed it up again.
    You ought to believe what they say Andy other than the Union Barons they're Labours biggest supporter

As Cheekee says, "Sadly a lot of people are attending A+E because they can't or won't get an appointment with a GP."

Which brings us back to Labours mass uncontrolled Immigration, Labours 2004 GP contracts, overpaid GP's unwilling to provide a 21st century service and my thread

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ight=contracts

Respected Member
    This really frustrates me. Why can't the government fix the reasons for all this, they are the government after all.

- Evening drop-in medical centers/small injury clinics
    - Charges for A&E where clearly proven fault (car accident guilty party etc. European 'uman rights (ECHR) will prevent us charging drunks and fatties who trip over their bellies on the way to the fridge).
    - Immigrants who don't know better

Also, why don't private providers set up in competition for those who can afford it (costs money but 30 mins wait instead of 5 hrs to un-superglue little Jimmy's finger from his .... - I'd pay!).

Immigrants are still being let in by the Tories? Your party started it all

2 things come to light. Many people are living longer and idiots are going to A&E for the wrong reason. On Five Live today, it was discussed and one person went to A&E with a broken nail!

The young generation are not being educated properly by the look of things.

No good blaming this government when the pressure is cause by more idiots wasting hospitals time

It's all to do with the cuts and reforms that the Tories have put in place.

If the NHS is working so well, why are the Tories all of a sudden throwing £2 billion at it? Better still, the country has no money, so where they getting it from?

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post

Many people are living longer
    Quite possibly that is one of the most likely causes - as I've already said in #4 (and reiterated in #6) Les - yet I needn't have bothered ... as nobody seems to've paid a blind bit of notice!

It's all to do with the cuts and reforms that the Tories have put in place.
    Thanks to Labour nearly bankrupting the country

Err ... do you mean immigrants from Europe ? You know you can't stop them coming here

You think people go to A & E instead of a GP ? Have you worked in A & E or in a GP surgery Dedworth ?

Oh My misses has. I'll ask her and tell you what she says, how many of those who went to A & E could have gone to their GP instead when she wakes up. It's been a long 10-hr day for her, less hours more pay
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Thanks to Labour nearly bankrupting the country
    Labour also nearly bankrupted the USA, Russia and most of Europe and the world

Now if they had the family silver to sell off Oh, there wasn't much left - Thatcher sold it all off. Where did the money go Les? £50bn+

I'm sure when Andy was born the fist thing he was taught was whatever he does in life he must never forget he was born to have this extreme hatred for the Tories, c'mon Andy talk about something normal people talk about!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I'm sure when Andy was born the fist thing he was taught was whatever he does in life he must never forget he was born to have this extreme hatred for the Tories, c'mon Andy talk about something normal people talk about!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information