Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Hello/kumusta

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Hello/kumusta

Hi, how's everyone here? Hope all is well. And looking forward for a bright new Year..

I just been here in the UK, for a month to celebrate the holiday season with my Fiance and to visit my brother's family on a Family Visit Visa...

Just a few days upon my arrival I went to hospital to accompany my fiance as he has to undergo some procedure as he was having tummy ache, and even when he was in Pnas last Sept. He kept on complaining about this.

Dec. 22 we got the result...he was diagnosed with Cancer Of the Stomach...
    I felt numb and couldn't believe what the doctor, just said...What a Christmas Present! Am so devastated ..I don't know what will happen.. I know God's Plans are better than mine. Am keeping the FAITH .. we are supposed to get Married by July in Manila this year..now with so many hospital appointments/ treatments on the way, I don't know if our plans will be made into reality.

I just want to ask..if its possible for us to get Married here (I know with my visa I cannot, as its not allowed to switch) He is from EU and he's been here in the UK working for 12 yrs.

Is there any other options for us? I really have to be with him with his condition.

Any suggestions/advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you and God Bless.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Sorry to read your sad news. I cannot answer your questions but someone on this Forum should be able to give you more information. I hope that your Fiance improves following the treatment that he is receiving, please update us if at all possible and good luck for the future!

Newbie (Restricted Access) theycallmeysa's Avatar
    Hello Inday,
    So sorry to read about your fiance, but God is always good. And I know that He is just waiting for an opportunity to do wonders for us if we let Him. I know this by heart, cos I've seen Him do wonders for me and I know He wants to do the same for your and your fiance. May the Lord provide you strength and comfort during this hard times. Just keep your heart still God is faithful and He is our greatest healer.

About your desire to get married while on Family Visitor Visa, erm this link won't be helpful at all https://www.gov.uk/family-visit-visa/overview cos it just provide things of what you can't do sadly. Although, I think you should still seek help and hopefully somebody here in the forum can help.

Uhm, can you get married on Schengen visa? Maybe you can look that up. First if you can apply while you're there.. and if you can get married outside UK. But I still don't know what you can do after you're back. Anyways, it's just a suggestion. Might be worth checking.. God Bless

Sorry to learn about your Fiance's recent diagnosis.

Concerning how to move forward together as a couple depends on quite a number of issues, as I'm sure you know.

As a first step to understand the options we need to establish the immigration status of your Fiancé and whether you need to follow UK immigration rules or EU rules.

What passports/citizenships does your Fiance hold?
    What is his immigration status here in UK?

Thank you, Michael - rest assured I'll keep in touch whatever the outcome.

Thank you, Ysa for your comforting words, indeed God is good all the time, I for one am a believer - being a Yolanda survivor..

Sad news, but keep positive.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Hi Inday, not the news anyone wants to hear for their loved one.

The word cancer can seem such a frightening word to some people.

I hope words of support and spark of hope.

The treatments for many cancers today are very good and improving all the time.

I am a survivor of cancer myself. The treatment can be very harsh for some. I never really felt anything of the cancer, but the treatment affected me badly. If you research you will find many foods etc that can be introduced into his diet. That will help with detox and give the body a better stronger fight against the cancer. If he smokes, he must stop. Doesn't mean that the actual smoking is the cause, but again his body will put up a better fight.

If you are able to be with him through this, during his treatment I'd advise that he has very few visitors, as his immune system will be low. Keep a careful eye on his temperature, it will tell you if he needs to return to hospital, but they will advise on that.

I wish him a successful recovery, and hope for you both that all will be well.

God bless

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post

I am a survivor of cancer myself. The treatment can be very harsh for some. I never really felt anything of the cancer, but the treatment affected me badly. If you research, you will find many foods etc that can be introduced into his diet. That will help with detox and give the body a better stronger fight against the cancer. If he smokes, he must stop. Doesn't mean that the actual smoking is the cause, but again his body will put up a better fight.

If you are able to be with him through this, during his treatment I'd advise that he has very few visitors, as his immune system will be low. Keep a careful eye on his temperature, it will tell you if he needs to return to hospital but they will advise on that.

God bless
    Good advice!

Welcome to all new members
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL
    it is a bit late, but better late than ever

I've been away for a while

Hello Inday
    I'm so sorry about the bad news that you both got over the Xmas period
    I hope the Home office will grant you bot your marriage wishes soon
    My prayers and thoughts go out to you both

I am a survivor of cancer myself. The treatment can be very harsh for some. I never really felt anything of the cancer, but the treatment affected me badly. If you research you will find many foods etc that can be introduced into his diet. That will help with detox and give the body a better stronger fight against the cancer. If he smokes, he must stop. Doesn't mean that the actual smoking is the cause, but again his body will put up a better fight.

If you are able to be with him through this, during his treatment I'd advise that he has very few visitors, as his immune system will be low. Keep a careful eye on his temperature, it will tell you if he needs to return to hospital, but they will advise on that.

God bless
    Encouraging words indeed, from one of our most respected members who, as a cancer survivor, has defied the odds, gone on to marry his Filipina sweetheart and carve out a new life for them both in her homeland.

Inday ... to filipino/uk ... we hope you'll be as truly inspired by our good friend's message of support as we all are! Please therefore be assured of our very best wishes as your fiance begins his treatment.

Meanwhile, I should be most grateful if one (or more) of my fellow members could award much~deserved reputation to Stewart (Imagine) for his encouragement.

... Reason I'm asking is because a little box has popped up reminding me I "must spread Reputation around before giving it to Imagine again".

Thank you Steve ..God bless...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Sad news, but keep positive.

Inday, I am so very sorry to learn of your Fiance's condition and I hope that it has been caught in time to receive some effective treatment. I also hope that you can find a way to extend your stay to provide much needed support if you are unable to get married here in the UK

Sorry for the late reply....I really thank you for those encouraging words. Sad to say, the prognosis is very bad, the onco just told us it might just be palliative care and pain management..we just have to live one day at a time...I'm just keeping the Faith....again thank. You...God bless

God bless

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    Inday, I am so very sorry to learn of your Fiance's condition and I hope that it has been caught in time to receive some effective treatment. I also hope that you can find a way to extend your stay to provide much needed support if you are unable to get here in the UK
    Thank you so much for your kind words Rosie, they are highly appreciated...I don't know if I will apply for an extension of my stay, bcoz it might affect if ever I plan to visit here again...we just have to enjoy each other...each day..it's not easy but I have to be strong..and am keeping the Faith..again thank you and God Bless

Thread Information