Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Money-grabbing Doctors opposed to 7-day GP Service

Doctors attack plans to run NHS services 7 days a week: 'We cannot be compared to Tesco'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3NmYQeEfy

Try not to get ill over the weekend

Same goes for NHS hospitals where many consultants and doctors won't work weekends, if you are going to have a stroke or car crash you stand a greater chance of survival if it's between Monday & Friday

Many lower ranks in the NHS have to work weekends - why not all ?

Where's the money grabbing Dedworth? , surely if they wanted money they would not oppose 7 day a week surgeries

You've no idea Dedworth, you think they are playing golf a few times a week

The misses is supposed to work 9 till 5. Some days she doesn't leave till 7pm, and hardly ever leaves at 5pm. How many people on here would work for 2 hrs and not get paid?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    GP's are overpaid and underworked thanks to the contracts given out by naive Labour Govt in 2004

Your Mrs needs to wise up on working extra hours

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3NmfJ6zDC

Overpaid? Spent at least 10 yrs training and studying, how much do you pay yourself Dedworth, are you really worth that?

Daily Mail about hourly rates being as high as £372.50! Most are capped by NHS trusts.

Here, Dedworth, the real world. Sure, it's 5 yrs old, but you can see the hourly rates in the real world, and wages have hardly increased under Tories in the last 5 yrs. Not the fantasy land Daily Mail ones that are 1 in 1,000,000

http://careers.bmj.com/careers/advic...ml?id=20000354
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    I wonder why they bother they must be mugs 10 years training & studying

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I have a high school classmate in the Philippines who managed to become a Pediatrician in 2011 (I think). I graduated from university in 2003 and she continued her long studies and training till 2010! I don't think I'd be able to do that. Good thing her parents can afford the costs of it all. She now has her own clinic because I believe it would earn her more income than working in the hospitals there in Manila.

I can imagine how long your wife Joe had to have all the training and studying just to be qualified here in the UK, knowing she already was practising in the Philippines before getting here, if I'm not mistaken.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    I wonder why they bother they must be mugs 10 years training & studying
    Well they don't do it for the money. You're in business dedworth, what's the hourly rate to see a solicitor? What's the hourly rate if you have to call a plumber, locksmith or someone to fix your boiler? Now you might think at the time these people are saving your life, but only a medical consultant really does that

Dedworth, check the pay scales that I've posted in the link with today's pay scales. There is hardy any difference, pay has hardly gone up, so stop believing the daily snail look at the facts

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I have a high school classmate in the Philippines who managed to become a Pediatrician in 2011 (I think). I graduated from university in 2003 and she continued her long studies and training till 2010! I don't think I'd be able to do that. Good thing her parents can afford the costs of it all. She now has her own clinic because I believe it would earn her more income than working in the hospitals there in Manila.

I can imagine how long your wife Joe had to have all the training and studying just to be qualified here in the UK, knowing she already was practising in the Philippines before getting here, if I'm not mistaken.
    She sounds like my misses' classmate, she has been a paediatrician for a few years, but it took her a long time to get there, must be nearly 10 yrs.

It's 15 yrs since I first chatted to the misses. She'd just finished her first year at Medical School - it has taken that long for her to get this far! Even today she is revising every day for exams coming up. Not many people have that willpower.

My misses is a sucker for punishment, she had a Biology degree, then went on to do a 5-yr medical degree, came here, passed exams to get registered here, spent 6 months as a SHO, then did 2 yrs foundation training and now 3 yrs training as a GP. And to think she gets £34 a hour , and some people think they get paid £300 an hour

Banned
    Pull the other one Joe - if they don't do it for the money they'd kick their grasping BMA union into touch and revert back to pre 2004 hours and give the taxpayers a decent service.

Read my first post Joe the £300 odd rate is what some consultants get.

Lets get back on topic why no 24/7 service ???????, if there was the A & E's wouldn't be in the state they are

Pull the other one Joe - if they don't do it for the money they'd kick their grasping BMA union into touch and revert back to pre 2004 hours and give the taxpayers a decent service.

Read my first post Joe the £300 odd rate is what some consultants get.

Lets get back on topic why no 24/7 service ???????, if there was the A & E's wouldn't be in the state they are
    I see you've not answered about yours or the plumber's hourly rate ??

Some consultants get £300 a hour? How many? All of them, or just one of them? As usual, Daily Snail

The father of five works 60 to 70 hours a week for Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust. His basic salary is £53 000 a year plus £26 000 for on call, and he tops this up with a small amount of non-NHS work.

He splits his time between two hospitals, working with two consultants and doing elective and trauma surgery. He has his own clinics and operating lists, helps train future consultants, and does ward rounds.

“Basically I do a lot of what a consultant does but I am supervised at arm’s length,” says Mr Price.

He works about one in six weekends and is on call on a one in eight basis

Some days are packed. For example on Monday he has an all-day operating list from 7 30 am to 5 pm at Pontefract, then goes to Wakefield to do a ward round until 7 30 pm.
    From the link Dedworth, it's not Daily Snail fantasy land.

He’s contracted to do a 44 hour week and is part of a team of five consultants, so he does one night in five on call and works one in five weekends.

Banned
    My renumeration and that of plumbers and lawyers has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread - as usual Joe you are off on a tangent.

My renumeration and that of plumbers and lawyers has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread - as usual Joe you are off on a tangent.
    Of course it has. I've posted you a link that's based on real people, and no one is near £300+ an hour, I think the most was £48 an hour. So you're telling me they get paid as much as £372 a hour?

Now how many have got paid £372 an hour? Surely the Daily Snail knows ??? Why no figure?

I await your posts on money-grabbing solicitors (and I've seen one who wanted £400 for an hour ) plumbers and all other trades that charge or are paid more than £48 a hour Dedworth.

Banned
    Why no 24/7 service ? Is there an exodus of Doctors retraining as locksmiths & plumbers ?

He works about one in six weekends and is on call on a one in eight basis
    and

He’s contracted to do a 44 hour week and is part of a team of five consultants, so he does one night in five on call and works one in five weekends.
    Some consultants do

Looks like you have him again Joe.

Banned
    Why no 24/7 service ?

Why no 24/7 service ?
    Tell me where there is no 24/7 service ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    tell me where there is no 24/7 service ?
    Take your blinkers off Joe and read this you might learn something :-

The Academy of Medical Royal College has provided more details on its blueprint for seven day working in acute hospitals.

http://www.hospitaldr.co.uk/blogs/tag/247-working

To get this back on topic, the article is about GP's opening 7 days a week.

Can't see the problem myself, just introduce a rota system or a 6-on, 2-off shift pattern

Plenty of other companies do it!

Banned
    Sorry my fault for widening it & scurrilously suggesting NHS hospitals should be 24/7.

Back to GP's weekend working. Will never happen as they're all moonlighting as plumbers to supplement their meagre 2004 contract income

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    To get this back on topic, the article is about GP's opening 7 days a week.

Can't see the problem myself, just introduce a rota system or a 6-on, 2-off shift pattern

Plenty of other companies do it!
    1. GPs are not manufacturers.
    2. There aren't enough doctors.

So Ded, what have the Tories done about their contracts?

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    1. GPs are not manufacturers.
    2. There isnt enough doctors.
    1. I didn't say they were, I'd rather say a service industry.
    2. True, what's your solution

Banned
    So Ded, what have the Tories done about their contracts?
    The BMA bit Labour's arm off when the idiots gave them those contracts - do you think the BMA will renegotiate ?

There is no solution if the Government will not put money into it. Obviously if you want something you have to pay for it. I think Ded might have a masterplan he can share with us.

The BMA bit Labours arm off when the idiots gave them those contracts - do you think the BMA will renegotiate ?
    The Tories can do anything they want. They are the ones in power. After all, if they can rob people of their pensions, why can't they do anything about this?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    2. True, what's your solution
    Hire doctors from overseas. Although I'm sure plenty of British people will still complain.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

To hire doctors will cost money Rayna, and we all know the Tories will not spend=stalemate.

To hire doctors will cost money Rayna, and we all know the Tories will not spend= stalemate.
    Haha I know that. They've done too many cuts in NHS and they can't even allow a 1% increase for the nurses. So where would they get the money to put into the 24/7 services they want? But what do I know, I'm just a spectator.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    ...But what do I know, I'm just a spectator....
    And thankfully, not of the football variety

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information