Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Prof Terrence Stephenson, chairman of the ARMC, said that a seven day service would increase NHS costs by a few percent,
    They don't have the money for a 1% pay increase for NHS staff yet they have the extra few percent to pay managers and consultant at up to £370+ an hour

I've already posted that some consultants are working weekends and evenings, not daily mail but facts

As for GP working 24/7 while not dentist to ? also have you not heard of NHS walk in centres dedworth , the one my misses has worked at

If you need treating today, this doctor-led service is open every day from 8am to 10pm, no appointment needed. The service offers an alternative choice for anyone who can’t get a same day appointment at their own GP practice, when they are suffering from an ailment, illness or injury that needs assessing quickly, but isn’t serious enough to require a visit to A&E
    You want to access all GP's surgeries 7 days a week you will need to employ a lot more GP's and consultants and they will want paying
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    They don't have the money for a 1% pay increase for NHS staff yet they have the extra few percent to pay managers and consultant at up to £370+ an hour
    I thought £370 was fiction from the Daily Hate Mail

Daily Mail about hourly rates being as high as £372.50! Most are capped by NHS trusts.

As for GP working 24/7 while not dentist to ? also have you not heard of NHS walk in centres dedworth , the one my misses has worked at
    Dentists have never been 24/7 and I don't know anyone who has ever been seriously put out by that

NHS Walk in Centres .......don't make me laugh 2 within 7 miles of us

#1 Walk in Centre 7 days (inc Bank Holidays ) 8am - 8pm
    my sister waited there 3 hours on 30 Dec with ear infection to be given the wrong prescription by a pidgin-English speaking doctor

#2 Urgent Care Centre Mon - Fri 8:30 - 17:00, Weekends & Bank Holidays 9:00 - 13:00

At 1pm I drove past the UCC taking my NHS Nurse wife for her 13:00-21:00 Sunday shift - a few cars parked there I'm unsure if there were any stroke victims slumped in them

I thought £370 was fiction from the Daily Hate Mail
    £370 an hour Dedworth, is from the Daily Snail, surely it's right then , they wouldn't be making it up would they ?

Dentists have never been 24/7 and I don't know anyone who has ever been seriously put out by that

GP surgeries have never been 24/7 , have you ever had toothache or an abscess ? When was the last time you got to see a dentist the same day or next day ?

Do you know anyone who has ever been seriously put out by not seeing a GP 24/7 ? Surely if you're that ill you would go to A & E (if that's not been closed down by the Tories yet!)

NHS Walk in Centres .......don't make me laugh 2 within 7 miles of us

#1 Walk in Centre 7 days (inc Bank Holidays ) 8am - 8pm
    my sister waited there 3 hours on 30 Dec with ear infection to be given the wrong prescription by a pidgin-English speaking doctor

#2 Urgent Care Centre Mon - Fri 8:30 - 17:00, Weekends & Bank Holidays 9:00 - 13:00

At 1pm I drove past the UCC taking my NHS Nurse wife for her 13:00-21:00 Sunday shift - a few cars parked there I'm unsure if there were any stroke victims slumped in them
    If you were a stroke victim you would have thought someone would have had the common sense to get you an ambulance or to A & E and not to see a GP or a walk in centre

Hours where the misses worked 8am till 10pm 7 days a week. You and your sister have got 3 choices, make an appointment to see your GP, if you can got to a drop in centre, if you can and it's urgent go to A & E.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information