Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question How to get a TIN ID from the BIR ?

Does anyone know exactly how I can get a Tax Identification Number from BIR ?

Just though I'd ask before spending yet another whole day inside a Government Office and still exiting without an understandable answer. (grump grump grump)

Hope someone can help

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thanks Rayna
    I'll study that later

I'm suffering a fever just now.

Hope you have recovered from your fever.

Is there a specific reason you need a TIN number?
    Its a fairly straightforward and simple procedure that should take longer than 30mins. You just need to go to the local BIR office with birth certificate and in your case probably passport. Remember to photo copy first They will give you a form to fill out. Once it is completed hand it back at the appropriate window and they will issue your number.
    If you want to fill it out before i think this is the form, however you never know when they might decide to change it. Part of the fun of living in the Philippines

ftp://ftp.bir.gov.ph/webadmin1/pdf/21301904.pdf

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Hope you have recovered from your fever.

Is there a specific reason you need a TIN number?
    Its a fairly straightforward and simple procedure that should take longer than 30mins. You just need to go to the local BIR office with birth certificate and in your case probably passport. Remember to photo copy first They will give you a form to fill out. Once it is completed hand it back at the appropriate window and they will issue your number.
    If you want to fill it out before i think this is the form, however you never know when they might decide to change it. Part of the fun of living in the Philippines

ftp://ftp.bir.gov.ph/webadmin1/pdf/21301904.pdf

Hope that helps.
    Hi Jake,

I've fully recovered thanks. Personally I put it down to heatstroke as it's been really hot and humid here. My wife and family got worried and kept wanting to take me to the hospital...I'm one of those stubborn folks who believe a fever is just an indicator that my body is trying to fix something. I told them if it got to 40C I go

Anyway the reason for me needing a Philippine TIN is because the UK HMRC ( BIR ) will not allow me to have my private pensions taxed here unless I'm registered here and have been issued with a TIN.
    The advantage is that certain eligible pensions in the Philippines are taxed at zero.

I got chatting with some folks who insisted that the local BIR office would give me a hard time.
    So just thought I double-check.

I'm not in a rush but just want to prepare with time on my side.

Thanks Jake

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

From what you have said on this thread and others, it seems like the local government offices in Davao are a right pain. Getting a TIN number was a very easy process at my local BIR here in Laguna. The girl behind the counter telling me about her aunt in London took longer than the whole process.

Try going to a government office without your wife, just to see if the process is any quicker. In my experience having the wife with me slows down the process.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Try going to a government office without your wife, just to see if the process is any quicker. In my experience having the wife with me slows down the process.
    Based on my recent experience that sounds like a idea worth trying.

I may try flashing my HMRC photo ID card

Worth a go surely

Thread Information