Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: My Mayor....

Lightbulb My Mayor....

I am friends with the mayor in the next town Peter, I went to his house and shot a number of weapons in his rather large gardens and land. He even gave me his own 9mm automatic pistol to shoot.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    I am friends with the mayor in the next town Peter, I went to his house and shot a number of weapons in his rather large gardens and land. He even gave me his own 9mm automatic pistol to shoot.
    That's great Steve.

I've learnt over the years that who you know can be important here in the Paradise Islands, especially when it's more than just an aquaintance, such as having shared interests etc.

Living in the rural area when I was younger almost naturally involved hunting, shooting and fishing.
    I owned a Webley & Scott 410 bolt action shotgun for many years.

Plenty of safe places to use it in those days.

I haven't done any kind of shooting since my early 20's but still enjoy fishing.

I unfortunately had a rather different relationship with our local mayor when we lived in Zambales. He thought he owned the town including our land above the salvage line on the beach, he was under the impression he could build his summer vacation hut there. I'm sure there are many good mayors out there but unfortunately we did not get one of them, he spent too much time swanning around with his bodyguards in tow expecting the local people to bow down to him.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

Top Man - we need loads like him over here

Trusted Member
    We need more border guards like him....licensed to fire at truck parasites.

If he becomes President I might consider leaving.
    The Phils could be turned into a Police state, a bit like when they had martial law here.
    I don't trust Policemen here.

I was stopped the other day, asked see my licence and how long I was staying. When I told him 5 weeks he said I need a Philippino licence for over a month, I said no it's over 3 months, he just grunted and let me on my way. It was dinner time

I have been to the range a few times when he has been there,I was at a birthday party 2 weeks ago and his daughter was there.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I Will vote him for president in 2016
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

I Will vote him for president in 2016
    Watch his program on sunday mornings he isnt going to stand,he would get a large vote in Mindanao but not the visayas or Luzon.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I have been to the range a few times when he has been there,I was at a birthday party 2 weeks ago and his daughter was there.
    Unlucky!

I wonder how many god children the mayor and his daughter have in the Davao area? 100's if not 1,000's would be my guess. Of course being honest politicians I'm sure they don't grant any favours to their godchildren or parents

I exchange pleasantries with Mayors etc at weddings, baptismals but for the most part avoid politicians whenever I can, as they can't be trusted when the hits the fan.

Mayor Duterte wouldn't stand a chance against the big boys.

Mayor Duterte wouldn't stand a chance against the big boys.
    Yup, the birthday party was one of his political cronies who happens to be very wealthy indeed I wonder how they make their cash

Thread Information