Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Is this guy for real? Philippines Trip Gone Bad

This is a video made by an American who for three years researched everything about the Philippines because he wanted to move there.

After FOUR days he'd had enough of the country so he made this video which lasts an incredible 90 minutes detailing the bad things about the Philippines . I haven't watched it all by the way.

This is his description of the video.

This is a warning about going to the Philippines. All the places and people you hear talking about the Philippines such as Philippine Dreams, Life Beyond The Sea, Happier Abroad.com, and all the rest of these type of places are lying to you, 100% guaranteed. The Philippines is worse than you could begin to imagine, and it almost killed me. If there is one thing I've learned so far in my 47 times around the sun is that when it comes to money most all people are liars. All of these places make their videos and make their websites to make money, and they have to lie about what they say in order to do so, because nobody likes bad news and there is no money in speaking about it, everyone wants to hear about how many girls you can get, how cheap everything is to live off of, and how nice and sunny and tropical it is. I too bought into the lie and made the trip to the Philippines thinking I would move there and live there for the rest of my life, only to make an emergency trip back home after almost dying at the hospital from all the air pollution. The air pollution is a thousand times worse than I ever imagined and I had been researching the Philippines for 3 long years online. When I got there I couldn't believe how bad it was, and the only people I feel sorry for are the Filipinos, I have no sympathy for Happier Abroad. com, Life Beyond the Sea, Travis Kraft, or Philippine Dreams, all of these people are scum in my opinion. Travis Kraft is a closet homosexual, Henry with Life Beyond the Sea is a Lady Boy lover pretending to want a women, and Ned with Philippine Dreams is only trying to make money from his YouTube channel by promoting a lie and putting on a false illusion. I David Lewis Kuvelas am here to speak the real truth so that people like me don't make the same mistake that I just made. If you like the smell of sewers and breathing in black smoke and car fumes all day you might like it, but don't try getting any real girls there, it's all a lie and an illusion, out of the 15 white guys I saw there only one of them had a girl, all the rest looked desperate to find one. All the girls there paid no attention to me whatsoever and weren't at all interested in me, whereas here in the USA I have many girls interested in me, don't be fooled by these con artists and scum bag whore mongering freaks for that is what they all are, and that's why they will all be going to Hell where they belong.....David Kuvelas.....Oil Trading Academy

Dear me, he went in with both eyes open it seems. Each to their own I say! Some people want everything, but they don't realize it's more then reading books that gets you it all.

Well, at least there will be one less person there when I make it there!

What a jerk!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Well, I must say the man is not wrong in what he's saying. Most of the things he talks about, I've experienced. There are one or two things I haven't come across though, but you just have to live with it.

Found it very interesting!
    Last edited by Michael Parnham; 25th December 2014 at 18:30. Reason: spelling

Trusted Member
    He should have eaten at the 'Kenny Rogers' place, just a couple of hundred yards up from that Heritage Hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    He should have eaten at the 'Kenny Rogers' place, just a couple of hundred yards up from that Heritage Hotel.
    He did mention 'Kenny Rogers' Graham, I've listened to the whole recording - whilst eating my second Christmas dinner - and I found the man to be very honest and rather likeable with a nice, quietly-spoken voice. He wasn't offensive towards anyone; in fact, he talks very highly of the Filipino people. Also, everything he talks about is spot on! Really enjoyed listening to everything he had to say, it was very good!

Have you read the description, Michael? He's very abusive towards the people who make regular videos about the Philippines. I can't speak for all of them, although I've had correspondence in the past with the guy who has the 'Life Beyond the Sea' channel. He's based in Bohol and makes informative videos about various subjects and places around the Visayas and to get labelled a scumbag because of it, is totally out of order.

I just don't get the guy. He spends three years researching the Philippines and ends up staying in Manila and the industrial city of Iligan, then moans about the pollution.

Trusted Member
    Nutter ?

Got issues that's for sure.

I've never heard of Iligan!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I've never heard of Iligan!
    It's in Mindanao, west of CDO.

He just landed in the wrong place and decided to tar the whole of the Philippines with the same brush. He won,t be missed by the Philippines - that's for sure - the rest of us know there are lots of beautiful places to see in these islands.

Respected Member
    Well that part of Manila is not paticularly nice in my view

Behind the Heritage Hotel is Baclaran = another place worth avoiding
    When I stayed at the Heritage hotel they advised me it was not safe to even walk to the local 7/11

Probably this guy was too kuripot to try a hotel in Makati

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    Well that part of Manila is not paticularly nice in my view

Behind the Heritage Hotel is Baclaran = another place worth avoiding

When I stayed at the Heritage hotel they advised me it was not safe to even walk to the local 7/11

Probably this guy was too kuripot to try a hotel in Makati
    That'll be why he had $10,000 on his person!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    He just landed in the wrong place and decided to tar the whole of the Philippines with the same brush. He won,t be missed by the Philippines - that's for sure - the rest of us know there are lots of beautiful places to see in these islands.
    I've noticed that some people do base the Philippines on Manila, which is a bit shallow . In his case, he based it on Iligan too - but Iligan itself was a strange choice because it's very industrial, although it does have the moniker 'City of Waterfalls' which may have thrown him.

He would have been better choosing Dumaguete, Tagaytay, Legazpi, Bacolod, Tagbilaran, Baguio etc..

He should have joined here, we would have pointed him in the right direction

Looks like he didnt have the courage of his convictions.

This video has been removed by the user.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Looks like he didnt have the courage of his convictions.

You Tube most likely removed it due to someone complaining about the abuse he dished out.

Trusted Member
    YouTube amazes me. I don't know how they get away with it.

Some absolutely shocking stuff on there that really SHOULD be removed.

It's a pity the video has been removed, I'd have been interested to see and hear.

Personally I can't imagine what research he did when the actual outcome seemed to be so bad.
    Not sure what he wanted out of life.

I can empathize a little with any difficult situations he may have encountered, but I would have thought he'd at least have made some short visits to validate or modify his research.
    We all have our first time experience leaving our home country into a new country and new culture. This guy was probably totally unprepared for anything outside his daily routine with no-one to guide and mentor him.
    Foolhardy.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Some absolutely shocking stuff on there that really SHOULD be removed.
    I agree! Videos like these:

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    but I would have thought he'd at least have made some short visits to validate or modify his research.
    Aye, it's like buying a car and not taking it for a test run. Should have had a 3 or 4 week holiday over there before making any rash decisions.

For me the Phils was an acquired taste. I wasn't bowled over by it on my first trip but I grew to love it after travelling around a bit. Basing the Philippines on Manila and Iligan like he did is like basing England on London and somewhere like Crewe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    .......Basing the Philippines on Manila and Iligan like he did is like basing England on London and somewhere like Crewe.
    Imagine arriving in Blackpool

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Imagine arriving in Blackpool
    ... or ... the Brum ...

Thread Information