Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

HELP! UK Family visit visa

Hi, I wonder if there is anybody out there who can give me a little advice on getting my wife a UK family visit visa. I am A UK citizen and we got married in Manila in August this year. I am now back in the UK and she is in Manila. At the moment I am a full time student so am not earning money so I cannot get here on a permanent visa. I want to apply for a family visa but am not sure about a few things. As I am not earning at the moment my mother has said she would sponsor her and be a guarantor financially. However, would she have to show to have funds independently of my mother. Also, as my mother is her sponsor is it best to apply to visit her, as I know that she is allowed to come on a family visa to visit her mother-in-law. One more thing, would it be better to do the application through a law firm?

Thanks for any advice, Benie

Thou it's not impossible to get a visit visa for a spouse - some on here have, while others are refused - it's possible the Embassy might refuse it because they will not believe she will go back before her visa expires and if the relationship is genuine, why is she applying for a visit visa and not a settlement visa?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    You would be better to apply for spouse visa providing your Mother as sponsor would be approved. You will find all you need to know on this forum. Good luck and welcome Benie!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    You would be better to apply for spouse visa providing your Mother as sponsor would be approved, you will find all you need to know on this forum. Good luck and welcome Benie!
    Third party support is no longer allowed for settlement visas Michael.

Your wife doesn't need funds of her own - if your mother is solely sponsoring her - but if your wife had a job, then that's one reason for her to return before her visa expires, and this is one thing you need to convince the Embassy that she will, so the more reasons you have the better.

As for stating that she will be visiting your mother, don't try and hide the fact you're married. It's probably best being honest about it. Tell a lie - wave your visa goodbye. , what you put on a visa application could affect a future visa application decision.

As for using a lawyer, no idea, because the Embassy will make a decision on the information you supply or your lawyer supplies

It's worth trying because of the low cost application fee and good luck
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    Third party support is no longer allowed for settlement visas Michael.

Your wife doesn't need funds of her own - if your mother is solely sponsoring her - but if your wife had a job, then that's one reason for her to return before her visa expires , and this is one thing you need to convince the Embassy that she will, so the more reasons you have the better.

As for stating that she will be visiting your mother, don't try and hide the fact you're married. It's probably best being honest about it. Tell a lie - wave your visa goodbye. , what you put a visa application could affect a future visa application decision.

As for using a lawyer, no idea, because the Embassy will make a decision on the information you supply or your lawyer supplies.

It's worth trying because of the low cost application fee and good luck
    Thanks for confirming that Joe, that's why I said "providing" as I wasn't certain!

We cannot apply for a settlement visa because I am a full time student and not earning enough money for a settlement visa. Also, when I have finished college we might settle in Asia anyway. I just want her here with me while I study. Another thing is that when I have my summer break from July to September next year we will be going to the Philippines.

Thanks for the help so far

Benie ... since your student status rules out the possibility of applying for a Spousal Visa at the present time, I feel your best bet would be to seriously consider the suggestion Joe Bloggs offers in the second paragraph of #4 above.

Thanks!

Thread Information