Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

"Wish when you visit Phillippines you will be killed or taken hostage: I think you're a terrorist"

This is an extract from a conversation I had with a respectable looking Pinay on a dating site earlier. It started off so well with a nice five minutes of chat, then she started hinting for 900 pesos for the boat fare to Iligan from Cebu to visit her dying father over Christmas. I said that giving money to strangers was off limits and she could be a Nigerian for all I know. And that's when things turned nasty.

don't you know i had scammed here. a man who don't have pictures I met here and send me a nice thought emails

after 1 month of our communication he told me that he send me a package and some cash, i was so doubtful cause no one is allowed to put cash in a box but he sent me a detailed info with the courier and states there the location of package, he told me that the courier allowed him to put a cash because he reason for help of Yolanda victim. I was so scared because i thought it was a trap

4 days later someone called me that there were a package hold on the airport named under me and i have to pay the taxes, they asked me 12,000 pesos just to get the box and you know what there were no box arrived it sad when you saw the report that they are Nigerian people who's trying to fool me so please don't call me a bloke from a Nigeria cause i became a victim of their stupid strategies
    I asked her where she got the 12,000 to pay these Nigerians and she stated she had savings despite not having a job. I said I didn't believe her and that's when the nasty comment came out. I asked her how many men had she asked money from, and she said I was the only one. I asked why and she said I was nice and didn't ask her to get naked on cam .

It HAPPENS Jamie, tread carefully my friend

Don't worry Steve, after the last foray, I intend to.

Someone who was scammed becoming a scammer

Asking you for money after 5 mins of chat! What do you call that then?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Don't worry Steve, after the last foray, I intend to.
    Always ask to go on cam from the word go - it helps eliminate a lot (but not all) of the scammers. Plus, take a picture of them on cam to warn others.

Trusted Member
    Sadly a lot of Filipinas DO get scammed by these scumbags from Nigeria etc.

I have a woman friend who told me about what some filipinos do, they will join dating sites and sit there with there husbands beside them, whilst they happily chat to foreigners and find ways to scam them, they are even prepared to agree to meet them and have a relationship, so long as they bring some money home.

So my advice and there are genuine people out there, is to tread carefully, and be very very careful. My own experience was to meet someone online then go to the philippines to meet her, and i had an enjoyable time, didnt get robbed or anything like that, but i was looking for a serious relationship, only for her to tell me when i got back to the Uk, that she was already married. No big deal some may say, but had i have known that beforehand i would not have agreed to meet her.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    Always ask to go on cam from the word go - it helps eliminate a lot (but not all) of the scammers. Plus, take a picture of them on cam to warn others.
    Yeah, I know what you're saying Tiger - but unlike last time, I'm not going to put my eggs in one basket. I'll meet some from dating sites and I don't mind travelling around the Phils to do that (within reason) but I'll also try and meet other women too when I'm over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    I have a woman friend who told me about what some filipinos do, they will join dating sites and sit there with there husbands beside them, whilst they happily chat to foreigners and find ways to scam them, they are even prepared to agree to meet them and have a relationship, so long as they bring some money home.

So my advice and there are genuine people out there, is to tread carefully, and be very very careful. My own experience was to meet someone online then go to the philippines to meet her, and i had an enjoyable time, didnt get robbed or anything like that, but i was looking for a serious relationship, only for her to tell me when i got back to the Uk, that she was already married. No big deal some may say, but had i have known that beforehand i would not have agreed to meet her.
    I think it's vital to put on your dating profile that you're well aware of scammers and that you're not prepared to send any money or interested in meeting married women. Logically, a scammer who reads this will probably move on to the next guy and not waste their time on you. Furthermore, a genuine woman will see you as serious.

Sorry to hear about your experience, Harry. Did you give her any money while you were over there?

I know i was very very lucky to meet Ems, yes i was speaking to a few before, but again i think i was just lucky, its very hard i think theses days, yes there is still the ones who are just looking for the right one, but there are the ones who turn this into a business

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    I know i was very very lucky to meet Ems, yes i was speaking to a few before, but again i think i was just lucky, its very hard i think theses days, yes there is still the ones who are just looking for the right one, but there are the ones who turn this into a business
    I believe anyone can meet the woman of their dreams in the Philippines but I don't believe everyone can meet her in the blink of an eye. Patience is your friend. Impatience is your enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    I believe anyone can meet the woman of their dreams in the Philippines but I don't believe everyone can meet her in the blink of an eye. Patience is your friend. Impatience is your enemy.
    your right, keep talking i say, it took us nearly 3 years to meet up face to face

Thread Information