Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: New cars

New cars

Has anyone else noticed these new cars with these driving lights that come on once you turn the key? Some are so bright they look like headlights and the dash lights come on too, but not the back lights.

This week I have notice a few cars driving at night with no back lights and when you try to get the drivers notice you get the finger until they notice, then you get a hand up and a sorry.

Trusted Member
    IMO the lighting on many newer vehicles has been downright dangerous for a few years now, mainly because design appears to be more important than function and practicality.

INDICATORS being particularly hard to make out on fancy light clusters during daylight on many cars now. A serious safety issue I'd say.

Bring back big proper ORANGE indicators (not just bulbs), separated from the main lighting.

On the other hand, some tail lights seem far too bright.

I'd also like to see some method introduced whereby drivers are prevented from keeping their damned stupid selfish feet planted on brake lights when they're stopped at junctions, lights, jams etc.

Bring back the man that held the little flag or lamp and walked in front of the car

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I love our new high tech car.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Our new car has no keys, it's just a pebble that you keep in your pocket, amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Our new car has no keys, it's just a pebble that you keep in your pocket, amazing!
    Until you lose it on the beach
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Is that a post word for a stone?

Our car is like that too and it has auto locking system. Plus we have reversing camera, gps, climate control, DAB radio, start/stop system and a lot more!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Our car is like that too and it has auto locking system. Plus we have reversing camera, gps, climate control, DAB radio, start/stop system and a lot more!
    Same here Rayna, feel embarrassed about reversing though, cos it makes one feel that you're being told that you can't reverse

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    is that a post word for a stone
    It's new high tech way of locking and unlocking your car Steve, you just keep the pebble in your pocket and as you approach your car it unlocks automatically also no need any more to use a key for starting and stopping just push a button and if you haven't got your pebble in your pocket it wont start!

It's new high tech way of locking and unlocking your car Steve, you just keep the pebble in your pocket and as you approach your car it unlocks automatically also no need any more to use a key for starting and stopping just push a button and if you haven't got your pebble in your pocket it wont start!
    Same as mine Michael, best thing about mine is the remote parking heater, look out the window in the morning and if it's frosty then press the remote and the car heats up

Not much use in the Philippines though

Same here Rayna, feel embarrassed about reversing though cos it makes one feel that your being told that you can't reverse
    Well, Keith needs it as he can't move his neck, hence the convenience of it. It also helps him to see some idiots walking/standing at the back of the car even though they can see that a car is reversing!
    -=rayna.keith=-

Trusted Member
    I don't have a new car, just a vehicle that has been 'in the family' since I bought it for my son's 12th birthday in 2005.

Since that time it has taken him to school every day, then to college every day, then to work, until I bought him another bike and made this one my own.

Running costs....close to zero.

Here it is the other day, still driving like new, and not only carrying a week's groceries but also my new (convector) heating system.

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Well, Keith needs it as he can't move his neck, hence the convenience of it. It also helps him to see some idiots walking/standing at the back of the car even though they can see that a car is reversing!
    Good point Rayna!

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I don't have a new car, just a vehicle that has been 'in the family' since I bought it for my son's 12th birthday in 2005.

Since that time it has taken him to school every day, then to college every day, then to work, until I bought him another bike and made this one my own.

Running costs....close to zero.

Here it is the other day, still driving like new, and not only carrying a week's groceries but also my new (convector) heating system.

Logical way to travel round the city Graham!

Thread Information