Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) juverick's Avatar

Confused on what to prioritize first in visa processing...

Hi ... i am Juve ... I would say I am not new any more since the forum is very familiar to me already ... it was just I made a new account coz i was not able to retrieve the older one ...

Just a bit flow of details ... I met my bf 2012 thru online and we met personally early in 2013. After the acquaintances, we agreed to start rolling the visa processing.. so I took my medical exam late last year but it was so unfortunate there was a health problem. So it took almost a year till I got my medical result. Now my main concern is ... how, what and where to start the visa processing. I've already got the English and medical results ... but my bf doesn't know anything about to whom he should go for the flow. He approached one solicitor there in UK, but was given wrong information on what visa my bf should go. At first, the solicitor told my bf about the short term visa or the marriage visa, then I only found out that visa is only for marriage there in uk and then i have to go back here in Philippines and do things all over again and take another visa ... so confusing ... then another one. The solicitor advised my bf to get the FLR(M). I found out again thru internet that is for extension of stay there in UK.

We are both fed up with wrong infos. Please help us clear everything ... on what to do first ... I mean what should my bf do first to start the visa? Where can he seek help so he can fill up the form for the visa?

Please do help us ...

Thanks a lot ... hope to hear from you soon ...

Your choice really is either you get married in the Philippines then get a visa or you get married in the UK. I would say the first is easier, cheaper and you are more likely to get a visa if you're already married. There are plenty on here that have done both routes recently so can advise better than I, as we married in the Philippines in 2009 and I understand things have changed a bit since then.

Your b/f will need to prove his income is above the threshold (might be £18,600) as your sponsor when it comes to the visa.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post
    Your choice really is either you get married in the Philippines then get a visa or you get married in the UK. I would say the first is easier, cheaper and you are more likely to get a visa if you're already married. There are plenty on here that have done both routes recently so can advise better than I, as we married in the Philippines in 2009, and I understand things have changed a bit since then.

Your b/f will need to prove his income is above the threshold (might be £18,600) as your sponsor when it comes to the visa.
    Good luck!
    Thank you so much for the kind advice. My bf really dreamed to get married here but the only concern is that, he doesn't have enough time to stay longer here in which time is very much conflict to his job ... and when it comes to his income, he does have enough to prove. The major problem is where my bf goes for advice on how to start the visa processing. He went to the solicitor but only the latter gave him unstable information. He has already gathered a few of the documents ... only he doesn't know where to go and find legal flow of the visa processing ...

Thank you so much for the good insight... I appreciate it very much...

Banned
    I don't think your BF should get involved with leech-like agents and solicitors when there are easier and more enjoyable ways to throw money away

There is a treasure trove of information on this site. I would start by studying Terpe's excellent thread :-

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....e-Partner-Visa

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    In addition to Dedworth's post above, if you are planning to take the Fiancee Visa route, here's the thread for the information you need.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....-a-Fiance-Visa

Also, ask your bf to join the forum so he can ask questions since he doesn't know where to start. Plenty of members here who can help you both.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    I don't think your BF should get involved with leech-like agents and solicitors when there are easier and more enjoyable ways to throw money away

There is a treasure trove of information on this site and I would start by studying Terpe's excellent thread :-

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....e-Partner-Visa
    Thanks a lot Dedworth ... the site helps a lot ... will study all the details there ... thank you so much ...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    In addition to Dedworth's post above, if you are planning to take the Fiancee Visa route, here's the thread for the information you need.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....-a-Fiance-Visa

Also, ask your bf to join the forum so he can ask questions since he doesn't know where to start. Plenty of members here who can help you both.
    Thanks a lot. I will tell him about this forum so he can have all the access on how to begin the flow of processing...

Thank you so much ...

Hi I'm Rick, my partners name on this site is Juve Rick (Juve) I need some quick advice from any one who may be able to help. Question 1, what is the actual name of the fiancé visa? eg.. FLR 765... and 2 I've only seen her once in the last 2 years. One form suggests that I may have to visit her again. Is that the case?

Quote Originally Posted by juverick View Post
    Hi, I'm Rick, my partner's name on this site is Juverick (Juve). I need some quick advice from anyone who may be able to help. Question 1, what is the actual name of the fiancé visa ? eg.. FLR 765 .....
    For the Partner, Spouse, CP (Civil Partner) and Fiance(e) the formal UKVI endorsements for entry clearance are indicated on the visa as 'Visa Type'

In line with the immigration rules under Appendix FM (Family Members)

The visa type for each category will be indicated as:-

Partner = Settlement: To Join/Acc Partner
    Spouse = Spouse/CP
    CP (Civil Partner) = Spouse/CP
    Fiance(e) = Marriage/CP

So the answer to your specific question concerning Finace(e) visa is Marriage/CP

This should not be confused with a Marriage Visit Visa which is issued on a maximum 6 months basis solely to allow a marriage ceremony to take place in UK after which, the visa holder returns home and the visa becomes invalid.

The visa type for this special visit visa will be indicated as Visit - Marriage/CP
    A very small difference in wording but a very big difference in meaning.

That is the UKVI technical definition. Most everyone else still refers to Spouse Visa, Fiance(e) Visa and Unmarried Partner Visa.

Under immigration rules it's called family settlement and is governed by the immigration rules under Chapter 08: appendix FM family members

Does that help you?

Quote Originally Posted by juverick View Post
    ...... and 2 ive only seen her once in the last 2 years. One form suggests that I may have to visit her again. Is that the case?
    UKVI will make a judgement on the relationship based on the evidential documentation submitted with the application.
    They apply more scrutiny on Fiance(e) visa applications.

The caseworkers and ECO's will follow the UKVI published guide called Genuine and Subsisting Relationship

It's not a tick-box exercise and decisions are based on a case-by-case basis depending on the application 'picture' as a whole and at the discretion of the caseworker.

Obviously evidence of physically being together presents a much stronger case.

Not having phyisically been together for 2 years is going to present pretty major challenge in terms of convincing the UKVI caseworkers of a genuine and subsisting relationship.
    But without knowing and understanding the relationship and communications nobody can give you any clear guidance on that. Two years is long time.

Personally, I would very strongly suggest you visit her in the Philippines before any settlement visa application gets made.

Perhaps it's possible to get married in the Philippines at that time ?

By the way Rick, Welcome aboard Filipino UK

Hi Rick, welcome to the site. Don't bother with immigration solicitors, you will find all the information, help and advice you'll need on here - and it's entirely free. You are chatting with guys and gals who have been through the 'ins and outs' of getting married either in Phils or the UK. The two most important things that you will need are:

1. The minimum income, which is £18,600 per annum.

2. You will need to prove you are in a genuine relationship. This can include any copies of chats, on Skype, Viber, YM. You will also need evidence that you met back in 2013. Photos, flight tickets, maybe hotel bookings confirmation - anything from then that would support your case.

As Terpe has already said, maybe you could visit Juve again before your visa application. Everything else needed will be documentary evidence on your Salary, Living Accommodation, etc, etc.

Good luck to both of you. Remember - keep away from the money grabbers (Immigration Lawyers) your money will be better spent visiting Juve again.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    For the Partner, Spouse, CP (Civil Partner) and Fiance(e) the formal UKVI endorsements for entry clearance are indicated on the visa as 'Visa Type'
    In line with the immigration rules under Appendix FM (Family Members)

The visa type for each category will be indicated as:-

Partner = Settlement: To Join/Acc Partner
    Spouse = Spouse/CP
    CP (Civil Partner) = Spouse/CP
    Fiance(e) = Marriage/CP

So the answer to your specific question concerning Finace(e) visa is Marriage/CP

This should not be confused with a Marriage Visit Visa which is issued on a maximum 6 months basis solely to allow a marriage ceremony to take place in UK after which, the visa holder returns home and the visa becomes invalid.

The visa type for this special visit visa will be indicated as Visit - Marriage/CP
    A very small difference in wording but a very big difference in meaning.

That is the UKVI technical definition. Most everyone else still refers to Spouse Visa, Fiance(e) Visa and Unmarried Partner Visa.

Under immigration rules it's called family settlement and is goverened by the immigration rules under Chapter 08: appendix FM family members

Does that help you?

UKVI will make a judgement on the relationship based on the evidential documentation submitted with the application.
    They apply more scrutiny on Fiance(e) visa applications.

The caseworkers and ECO's will follow the UKVI published guide called Genuine and Subsisting Relationship

It's not a tick-box exercise and decisions are based on a case-by-case basis depending on the application 'picture' as a whole and at the discretion of the caseworker.

Obviously evidence of physically being together presents a much stronger case.

Not having phyisically been together for 2 years is going to present pretty major challenge in terms of convincing the UKVI caseworkers of a genuine and subsisting relationship.
    But without knowing and understanding the relationship and communications nobody can give you any clear guidance on that. Two years is long time.

Personally, I would very strongly suggest you visit her in the Philippines before any settlement visa application gets made.

Perhaps it's possible to get married in the Philippines at that time ?

By the way Rick, Welcome aboard Filipino UK
    Thank you so much Sir Terpe .. I will tell my b/f about the response. Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Hi Rick, welcome to the site. Don't bother with immigration solicitors, you will find all the information, help and advice you'll need on here - and it's entirely free. You are chatting with guys and gals who have been through the 'ins and outs' of getting married either in Phils or the UK. The two most important things that you will need are:

1. The minimum income, which is £18,600 per annum.

2. You will need to prove you are in a genuine relationship. This can include any copies of chats, on Skype, Viber, YM. You will also need evidence that you met back in 2013. Photos, flight tickets, maybe hotel bookings confirmation - anything from then that would support your case.

As Terpe has already said, maybe you could visit Juve again before your visa application. Everything else needed will be documentary evidence on your Salary, Living Accommodation, etc, etc.

Good luck to both of you. Remember - keep away from the money grabbers (Immigration Lawyers) your money will be better spent visiting Juve again.
    Thank you so much too, Harry... I will tell my b/f about these.

Thread Information