Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Hi, again

Hi, again

Have missed this forum

I'm back!

I would like to ask.. how would I be able to get my mum back in the Philippines..to come and live with me and my family here in England? I haven't my dad any more, so I think it'd be better if she could come here with her apos (grandchildren) to cope with things that she has missed out on for the few years that she's not been able to see us..

Please help

Thanks

Moy xx
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Does your mother qualify Ros?

In brief: Changes affecting adult dependent relative applications
    The adult dependent relative visa category enables relatives of British citizens or settled persons to come to live in the UK.17 Successful applicants are granted permanent settlement immediately.
    Previously, parents or grandparents aged 65 or over were eligible if they were wholly or mainly dependent on the UK-based family member for money, did not have other close relatives in their country who could support them, and could be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds and housed in accommodation owned or occupied by the UK-based sponsor. Other adult relatives (parents and grandparents under 65, and children, siblings and uncles and aunts) could also apply if they met those eligibility criteria and there were ‘exceptional compassionate circumstances’.
    New applications submitted on or after 9 July are subject to stricter eligibility criteria. Firstly, uncles and aunts of UK-based sponsors, and applicants with unspent convictions in the UK or overseas are no longer eligible for this type of visa.
    Furthermore, relatives must demonstrate that they require a level of long-term personal care as a result of age, illness or disability, which can only be provided by their relative in the UK and without recourse to public funds. “Long-term personal care” is regarded as help to perform everyday tasks such as washing, dressing and cooking. If the applicant is able to obtain the required level of care in their own country with practical and financial help from the UK-based sponsor, they will not be eligible for a visa.
    In addition, the UK-based sponsor must sign an undertaking confirming that the applicant will not have recourse to public funds, and that the sponsor will be responsible for their maintenance, accommodation and care
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...80185997,d.cWc
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Hey Moy, long time no see

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Hi Moy, good luck!

Good luck Moy

Thread Information