Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Getting married

Getting married

I have talked to my local Registry office and explained that me and my Girlfriend are trying for a fiancé visa and we need evidence that we intend to marry.

They suggested we book a wedding date at a cost of £50 pounds and use the receipt to show the visa people. Does this sound plausible ???

Sounds fine to me.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Don't book it too early - allow time for your visa application to be applied for and processed Mac!

Hello Mac M. It's what we did before when I applied my fiancé visa, but it was just like a ' bonus' that added to my documents. As long as you follow all the required documents which show the genuinity of your intention, should have no problem. Other papers like booking receipt from registrar office, hotel etc, are plus for your application. It is better to submit more than having less proof. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Mac M View Post
    I have talked to my local Registry office and explained that me and my Girlfriend are trying for a fiancé visa and we need evidence that we intend to marry.

They suggested we book a wedding date at a cost of £50 pounds and use the receipt to show the visa people. Does this sound plausible ???
    Michael is right. Don't book it unless you're sure that your partner will be coming over during that time. My husband (then fiancé) had to book and re-book 3 times because we have to move the processing times of our visa application.

Hi, just overwhelming where..what..when to start with the visa application. MY partner and I were in a 3-year relationship. We get to see each other once a year when she comes home for a vacation. We decided to have her marriage dissolved in UK and I, annulled (Phils). She is waiting for her finality so am I, which mine is like taking forever, before I can get a passport. She was thinking of a proposed civil partnership visa, or we could marry here in the Phils (British Embassy) but it's too expensive. Need advice on what visa to get..

Thread Information