Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Millions of Americans, Australians and Canadians to be charged £10 to visit Britain under Labour plan to hire border guards

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er-guards.html

Moronic proposal by Labour the party that supports foreign criminals and invented mass uncontrolled immigration / multiculturalism

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    No need, Simon ... others have said it for me. Besides ... ... you're bound to know as well as I do - "money always talks"!

Come on Arthur, I'd love to hear your take on it, not what others have apparently said for you

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Firstly, show me a profit margin link to verify your statement

Secondly, and more to the point, the scheme has as much to do with a settlement visa as it has to do with the cost of a loaf of bread. Read it again Joe after all you started the topic, it's a scheme to fast track TOURIST visas. Nothing to with any other sort of visa, the cost of a loaf of bread or anything else
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...April_2014.pdf

settlement fee £885 , processing fee £378 profit £507

visit visa short fee £83 , processing fee £115 LOSS OF £32 - those applying for other visas are subsidising foreigners who are applying for a visit visa.

of course it has if the visa is processed at the same place as this fast track visa or any other visa. soon as the caseworker gets one of these 'priority' visas, they will have to put a side the visa app they are processing to do a 24hr one, and me , i don't know why people don't think that a British Citizen who has married a Filipino should not be a priority , but in fact they are last in the queue !

as for checks, one of the mains points of a settlement visa is that you intend to make the UK your home, so the HO doesn't need to waste time and money on evaluating the risks they will overstay compared to business, student and visit visa's where there is a greater risk that they will overstay or work when they are not suppose to, these checks you would have thought take time and money to process.

next if the spouse visa takes so long to process because of 'local checks' surely these and even more checks should be done on people visiting this country and less on those married to British citizens.

did you see the word 'priority' about family permits

you've seen the profits now and you've seen the time scales, dont tell me you dont think the Brit who is sponsoring a settlement visa has not come off worse
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    of course it has if the visa is processed at the same place as this fast track visa or any other visa.
    IF Joe IF

How many times, it's about charging £600 to fast track a TOURIST visa, how the can that make a BRIT worse off

IF Joe IF

How many times, it's about charging £600 to fast track a TOURIST visa, how the can that make a BRIT worse off
    If? It's a fact
    Manila will be one of only two hubs in the world, processing visa applications for the UK.
    http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/glo...processing-hub

Because a Brit is at the back of a queue and has paid nearly £900,

I'll put it in bold for you, in case you can't see

unit cost of a visit visa is £115

unit cost of a settlement visa is £378

WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when it's easier to check the passport of a British citizen, check their details with a British bank, the Police, HMRC and their employer... no need to check the applicants' financial details, or reasons that they could overstay. I don't know what the they do check.

You really believe all the checks they have to do for a visit visa cost only £115 yet the settlement visa cost £378 to process? I think they got the figures the wrong way around or someone is taking the
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    Nothing new having lots of money has always eased the immigration process

I won't put in bold for you, I'll try and explain in a way that everyone should understand.

1. It's a fast track for a visit visa
    2. It's an option, you don't have to pay
    3. See 1

The people coming here and using the fast track option are coming to visit, they're not settling here. The only so called queue they're jumping is a queue they'd already be in, I can't understand why people are having difficulty understanding this

So you're telling me, you know that there are separate queues for the different types of visa being processed by case workers and those case workers only process one type of visa?

Have you found any evidence to show this is done by a dedicated team at the Embassy? If not, then everyone who applies is pushing to the front of any queues

So you're telling me, you know that there are separate queues for the different types of visa being processed by case workers and those case workers only process one type of visa?

Have you found any evidence to show this is done by a dedicated team at the Embassy? If not, then everyone who applies is pushing to the front of any queues
    No Joe, what I'm saying (in plain English I hasten to add) is that these people who are willing to pay £600 to fast track their VISIT visa would be applying anyway and that they're paying £600 to fast track their VISIT visa application and therefore not taking any money away from your 'poor Brit' but actually boosting the Economy.

Come on, it's not that difficult to understand is it?

No Joe, what I'm saying (in plain English I hasten to add) is that these people who are willing to pay £600 to fast track their VISIT visa would be applying anyway and that they're paying £600 to fast track their VISIT visa application and therefore not taking any money away from your 'poor Brit' but actually boosting the Economy.

Come on, it's not that difficult to understand is it?
    And how much does it cost to process one of these applications ? It doesn't cost £0

You don't know if they would apply anyway. I'm sure any checks they do on a normal visit visa would be more detailed than a priority one due to time restrictions.

I posted before about Tier 1 visa abuse, highly skilled immigrants working in takeaways, students who came here to work and not study, and now - for a fee of £600 - someone who intends to overstay could get fast tracked here within days

Why do you think so many visit visas are refused ? HO does not believe they will go back

And how much does it cost to process one of these applications ? it doesn't cost £0

You don't know if they would apply anyway, I'm sure any checks they do on a normal visit visa would be more detailed than a priority one due to time restrictions.

I posted before about Tier 1 visa abuse, highly skilled immigrants working in takeaways, students who came here to work and not study, and now - for a fee of £600 - someone who intends to overstay could get fast tracked here within days

Why do you think so many visit visa's are refused ? HO does not believe they will go back

Did you actually read the article that YOU posted a link to Joe

It would appear not

To save you going back, this is what it said:-

"All applicants must meet the strict requirements of our immigration rules, and applying for a visa to enter the UK through the 24-hour service does not, in any way, guarantee a visa application will be successful."

Did you actually read the article that YOU posted a link to Joe

It would appear not

To save you going back, this is what it said:-

"All applicants must meet the strict requirements of our immigration rules, and applying for a visa to enter the UK through the 24-hour service does not, in any way, guarantee a visa application will be successful."
    What are the strict requirements ? 1,000s of HIGHLY SKILLED migrants manage to get past the strict requirements to come here and work in low skilled jobs here

UK needs to learn a lesson from Canada

Canada suspends Accelerated Visa Program
    Canada has suspended the Accelerated Visa Program, which reduced processing time for visas to two weeks. The processing time for visas is likely to go up to three-five months now, and the there is a proposal to increase visa fees as well.
    http://profit.ndtv.com/news/market/a...program-321904

Chinese investor visa applicants sue Canadian immigration
    http://www.workpermit.com/news/2014-...an-immigration

What are the strict requirements ? 1,000s of HIGHLY SKILLED migrants manage to get past the strict requirements to come here and work in low skilled jobs here
    I don't know Joe, but I'm sure you'll tell me or go off on another tangent

Canada stopped the visas because of abuse. I wonder how many of these rich or business people will be rich or business people

Time will tell

Canada stopped the visas because of abuse. I wonder how many of these rich or business people will be rich or business people

Time will tell
    Looks like they changed their minds

Canada looks to fast-track visa applications. Opens new office

The Government of Canada plans to create new jobs and stimulate economic growth by attracting an increasing number of visitors and international students as well as skilled temporary foreign workers and immigrants to meet its labour market needs.

According to the Canadian Government yesterday, it has now moved to open a new visa application centre (VAC) in Georgetown to make the process of applying for one to enter Canada easier and more convenient.

According to a release from the Minister’s Office, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), it is expanding VAC network around the world to “provide valuable administrative support to applicants before, during and after their temporary resident application is assessed by a CIC immigration officer”.

VAC service agents are available by phone, email or in person to answer questions and to make sure that applications are complete, the statement said. “This helps avoid unnecessary delays or refusals due to incomplete applications. For an additional fee, VACs also offer other services, including photocopies, application photographs and self-service computer terminals for those wishing to take advantage of the new online applications.”

However, the agency warned that VACs are not involved in the decision making process and are not authorized to provide applicants with advice about their visas.

Anyone wishing to apply for a visitor visa, study permit, work permit or permanent resident travel document must visit the new VAC office located at 107 Duke Street, Georgetown.

VACs will strive to issue visas and permits as quickly as possible to facilitate travel for immigrants, visitors and students.

A British tax payer doesn't need a visa to stay in Britain
    Fantastic stuff, Sherlock. Thanks for clearing that up!

I can now sleep at night for the first time in over forty years knowing I won't get deported.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Fantastic stuff, Sherlock. Thanks for clearing that up!

I can now sleep at night for the first time in over forty years knowing I won't get deported.
    Well done Jamie, it's only taken you 5 days to think of that sarcastic retort

With all this restful sleep you're now getting let's see if you can come back a little quicker this time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information