Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Spouse Visa Application, Self Employed, need to find a registered accountant

Hi all,

Newcomer here in this quite overwhelming situation perhaps caught out with my financial capacity.

I'm British, registered self employed.
    I was married this Apr (in the Philippines) to the love of my life who I met through overseas work and have been friends with for years..

I now wish to apply for a spouse visa to have my wife live with me in the UK.
    I understand I need to meet the financial requirement of 18,600k in taxable income.
    This will be tough for me this year, I need some luck.

One of the requirements will be having my unaudited accounts certified by a registered accountant.
    Can anyone offer any contacts to individuals or firms to certified accountants that they have used (perhaps found good value) for such a purpose?
    Any thoughts on current costs of getting accounts certified?
    Does it matter if they are local? I guess everything would be handled via post. I'd be West Midlands.

I found this post that I found very helpful, but it doesn't state what firm was actually used.
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ant-is-this-ok

Any advice welcome
    Thanks all,
    kb

Have googled a little and found a local accounting firm who are ACCA(Accredited?)
    Phoned them - Feels a little awkward explaining the situation and what I think I'm in need of, but maybe they are used to it.

Accounting Manager was friendly to speak to.

Initial estimate for a small business could be around GBP 350.
    They need more details emailed to them, example of my transaction ledger and invoices, to get a better idea of how much needs to be reviewed.

kb

Hi there KJB and welcome aboard Filipino UK

Glad you managed to find a forum thread that helps you.
    Do take the time to review carefully any links within that thread and also be sure to carefully review the Self-Employed section of the UKVI Financial Requirement.

As you have discovered, the specific rules for those who are self-employed can be a little complex and confusing.

You'll find there are two categories:-
    - Category F - you are in self-employment at the date of application and using income from the last full financial year to meet the financial requirement.

- Category G - you are in self-employment at the date of application and choose to use an average of the income received in the last 2 full financial years to meet the financial requirement.

Taxable income for Self-Employed is revenue less business expenses.
    Do be aware that if your business accounts show that you are being taxed on an amount less than £18600 then the application will fall for refusal. Period.

I guess based on the information you've shared that you do not have your own regular accountant ?

Good luck

Hi Terpe, thank you for the warm welcome!

I have already found very good info on these forums.
    You are correct, I have been doing all my accounts myself. Fortunately my data and invoices are all in good shape.
    Now its down to actually trying to meet the remainder of my quota by April 2015.

will push ahead..

Thread Information