Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Lightbulb Tigerair continues domestic presence expansion

Tigerair Philippines, a subsidiary of Cebu Pacific, is expanding its domestic network to a number of Philippine cities in an effort to expand its presence in the country, while improving service to passengers. Tigerair will be introducing new service to Davao, Cagayan de Oro, Tagbilaran, and Roxas.

Most recently, Tigerair launched direct flights from its hubs in Cebu and Manila to Davao on October 26. The new routes will be operated daily by one of the carrier's A320-200 aircraft. Flights from Manila depart at 8:40pm, arriving in Davao at 10:25pm. The return flight departs Davao at 11:05pm, arriving back in Manila at 12:50am. Flights from Cebu will depart at 11:55am and arrive in Davao at 12:55pm. The return flight will depart Davao at 1:35pm, and arrive back in Cebu at 2:35pm.
    The new Davao flights complement new services to Tagbilaran and Roxas that were recently added to the Tigerair network. The budget carrier now offers daily flights from Manila to both cities. Flights to Tagbilaran depart Manila daily at 6:00am, arriving in Tagbilaran at 7:15am. The return flight departs Tagbilaran at 7:55am, arriving back in Manila at 9:10am.

Flights to Roxas depart Manila daily at 2:00pm, landing in Roxas at 3:05pm. The daily return trip departs Roxas at 3:35pm, arriving back in Manila at 4:40pm. According to Leilani de Leon, Tigerair's Chief of Legal and Corporate Affairs, the new flights are designed to provide better services for guests. "Tigerair Philippines, through its network made wider with Cebu Pacific, looks forward to offering additional flight and destination options for its guests," said de Leon.

Meanwhile, Tigerair Philippines plans to introduce new flights from Cebu to Cagayan de Oro on November 29, 2014. The carrier launched direct flights from Manila to Cagayan de Oro earlier this year. With the introduction of the new flights, Tigerair now offers more than 240 weekly flights to thirteen domestic destinations in the Philippines and one international destination.

Source

I wonder if this means more flights to these destinations or is Tigerair taking some of the pressure off Cebu Pacific?

I went on the Tigerair website this week and couldn't find any domestic flights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    I went on the Tigerair website this week and couldn't find any domestic flights.
    I think you need to book it with Cebu Pacific website...we booked our flight from Cebu-Manila this coming May and didn't realize it's Tigerair till I read the confirmation letter....in booking the flights all yellow planes are Cebu Pacific and I think light blue is tigerair....hope this helps.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart

Quote Originally Posted by Leen View Post
    I think you need to book it with Cebu Pacific website...we booked our flight from Cebu-Manila this coming May and didn't realize it's Tigerair till I read the confirmation letter....in booking the flights all yellow planes are Cebu Pacific and I think light blue is tigerair....hope this helps.
    Thanks.

I haven't flown with Tiger for a couple of years since the days when they were using SEAIR planes.

Thread Information