Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    Asda rejected me. Lol this is getting so funnier.

But I have something to tell you tomorrow! Just enjoying my birthday night! Will get back tomorrow or Monday to tell the good news xx
    You're pregnant, lol

Just enjoying my birthday night! Will get back tomorrow or Monday to tell the good news xx
    ... looking forward to your good news, Jen!

Meanwhile ...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Belated Happy Birthday Jen

Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post
    I'm surprised you even know where I live. Honestly, I do not think it is the location, because I have good transport links where I live (by land or by water ).
    I'd love to live where you live Jlags!

I've just written a letter to my boss applying for an internal job within my work.

I currently work 4 x 12 hour shifts, 2 days followed by 2 nights. Then I have 4 days off.

The new job is 8 hour shifts.

Week 1 6.30am-2.30pm Tuesday-Saturday
    Week 2 10am-6pm Monday-Friday
    Week 3 2.30pm-10.30pm Tuesday-Friday

(I think that's about right!, or something along those lines)

Applications have to be in by the 14th November. I would be taken a slight wage cut, but it would mean no more nights (only until 10.30pm) and less hours a day. Which I want to do with Harlene and baby due anytime soon (fingers crossed)

Plus regardless of their arrival, I have been thinking off doing 8 hour shifts again as I struggle on the 12 hour ones, have done for a while.

There are many pros and cons, but hopefully I will discuss these in my interview. Although I know a few people are interested in the job, and we all have an equal chance in my eyes, although to be honest I have far less sick leave then all off them! in fact I have only had two lots of sickness in 5 years. Most of the others have that in 5 months!

Good luck Slip

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    I've just written a letter to my boss applying for an internal job within my work.

I currently work 4 x 12 hour shifts, 2 days followed by 2 nights. Then I have 4 days off.

The new job is 8 hour shifts.

Week 1 6.30am-2.30pm Tuesday-Saturday
    Week 2 10am-6pm Monday-Friday
    Week 3 2.30pm-10.30pm Tuesday-Friday

(I think that's about right!, or something along those lines)

Applications have to be in by the 14th November. I would be taken a slight wage cut, but it would mean no more nights (only until 10.30pm) and less hours a day. Which I want to do with Harlene and baby due anytime soon (fingers crossed)

Plus regardless of their arrival, I have been thinking off doing 8 hour shifts again as I struggle on the 12 hour ones, have done for a while.

There are many pros and cons, but hopefully I will discuss these in my interview. Although I know a few people are interested in the job, and we all have an equal chance in my eyes, although to be honest I have far less sick leave then all off them! in fact I have only had two lots of sickness in 5 years. Most of the others have that in 5 months!
    Those 2 x Days followed by 2 x Nights are killers, I had to leave a job on those shifts, because they were affecting my Health, the 4 days off isn't 4 days though is it, the first day you are sleeping. Good luck with your application.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Those 2 x Days followed by 2 x Nights are killers, I had to leave a job on those shifts, because they were affecting my Health, the 4 days off isnt 4 days though is it, the first day you are sleeping. Good luck with your application.
    I did 12hrs days for 4 days and 2 days off then 12hrs nights X 4 days.. I used to work 2 extra days/nights as overtime.
    One night I clocked in and there was a gap on the clock card..It skipped a day.
    I went up to the office and told them their clock was rubbish.. They told me there was nothing wrong with the clock and asked why I was absent the previous day!
    Seems like I slept for 24 hours and didn't realise..
    That was a strange and personal twighlight zone moment!

I've never slept more than 7 hours and when I was working never slept more than 4 hours also never had a day off sick in my working life because I used to hear what employers said about people who were off sick and I was always afraid I'd get talked about the same. During my driving years because I had a new truck almost every year I would never have time off because I didn't want anyone else to drive my truck!

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    So I continued searching and I applied to this recruitment agency days after I got rejected by BT. However, the guy told me that he can't continue processing my application as I don't have my National Insurance number yet. But he said I should call him as soon as I receive it - which I did this past Monday. He conducted my phone interview as well and booked me for an assessment last Wednesday. The company is Scottish Power and the role is Customer Service Advisor.

I attended the assessment and after how many hours of reviewing for some competency job interview questions, the recruiter said that it will just be a group activity and no interview involved. The applicants were all competitive and way, way better than me, and then I lost hope again. I was in Starbucks straight after my assessment , filling out an application form and Husband texted me asking how was the interview. I told him that I don't want to expect anymore from it because my fellow applicants were so good and I knew that the company will not choose me.

Whilst filling out my Starbucks application form, I say a St. Pio prayer asking to grant my petition for being accepted from the fulltime jobs that I applied to (Costa Coffee, Starbucks Coffee, Scottish Power or Betfred Centre) before my birthday. I was on my way home and said the prayer again.

Thursday morning, I received a call from the outsource company of Scottish Power and I got the job. I can't explain how happy I am.

Gonna start on 17th as a customer service inbound representative.

Meanwhile, my husband did everything to make me feel so happy on my birthday yesterday. He surprised me, as he booked a table in a posh Italian restaurant in our place. I thought he's gonna bring me to a Thai, Chinese or Japanese restaurant as he asked me which restaurant I wanna go. I said Asian - any Asian.

I had a happy birthday. It was a double celebration

Wow ... GREAT news right enough, Jen! Congratulations, well done ... and nice pictures to go along with the glad tidings into the bargain.

I've had interviews in some customer advisor roles and got failed, it was in BT and sofaworks. Due to desperation I had no choice but to apply to McDonald's and Primark and so surprised that they rejected my application which I'm now worried about. What if no one will accept me? I don't know their basis of rejecting me aside from BT that gave me feedback. I just can't believe it. I'm feel so stupid and dumb at the moment and making me become pessimistic.
    I always recommend as a start point to get yourself into a voluntary job and then at least you get a reference for when you apply for a job.

Also, doing voluntary work highlights your good character. It also gets you out of the house to meet new people.

Some people are hesitant to do it, why work for free??.. but I've done that and I am proud of myself!!

Now, I am working permanently in a multicultural company with good pay and benefits
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Gonna start on 17th as a customer service inbound representative.
    Good job!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Nice one Jen
    Your prayers were answered

Banned
    Well done - give us any inside info on good deals. I binned Scottish Power in favour of N Power 18 months ago but I'll be checking the market shortly

Great news Jen!!
    What's with the thumbs down?? It should be thumbs up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I've never slept more than 7 hours and when I was working never slept more than 4 hours also never had a day off sick in my working life because I used to hear what employers said about people who were off sick and I was always afraid I'd get talked about the same. During my driving years because I had a new truck almost every year I would never have time off because I didn't want anyone else to drive my truck!
    Hahaha, nice one! So if you were rewarded with a new truck every year, it was worth it then, lol.

Congratulations Jen. Now you can feel complete and get on with your new life. Enjoy.

Terrific news Jen. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    Hahaha, nice one! So if you were rewarded with a new truck every year, it was worth it then, lol.
    Those were the days. I really loved the job, I just lived for my job it was one big holiday. No curtain siders Brian, all sheeting and roping and a lot of loads loaded by hand, good days!

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Thumbs down because the policemen didn't allow us to go near the bonfire, hahaha

Thank you so much. Everything is falling into place. Now I'm taking advantage of my free one week before getting into the busy life!

Thumbs down because the policemen didn't allow us to go near the bonfire, hahaha

Thank you so much. Everything is falling into place. Now I'm taking advantage of my free one week before getting into the busy life!
    Don't forget to keep you 'eye on the ball' during your immigration journey.
    Easy to lose focus when you get into busy lives

Congratulations on the new job. Good luck

Next week, go and show them what they have been missing all this time!
    You don't need luck.. go and make your own!
    Regards and best wishes..
    Fred.

Banned

Welcome to the Nanny State

Quote Originally Posted by gladz View Post
    Sorry to hear about that Jen. I arrived here in March of this year and got a job end of June. All I can say is keep trying and keep applying. Don't lose hope.

Goodluck!
    Hi gladz! That's a positive reply there! I have been looking out for jobs since after the New Year. Finally got my first job interview yesterday, was so nervous but I think I did well and I received positve feedbacks from the manager who interviewed me. I'm expecting to hear from them tomorrow. I pray that it will be good news that I will receive tomorrow! :-)

Hi Jentobeharrison! Been reading through threads today and saw this post about you getting a job in Scottish Power. Just wanted to ask how is it working for them? I came across a job post online... since I have never heard of them till now, I ignored it. Hope all is well with you there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information