Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    So now 1000's of firemen at the front end are all to get admin jobs?

Why not the same for the police, the armed forces Have you ever heard of the saying "Too many chiefs, not enough Indians"?

Next, Dedworth will be saying too many pen pushers, not enough firemen

NO! These things don't happen overnight. What I'm saying is that those who are physically unable to do the job they applied for and wanted - and maybe had been doing perfectly well for 30 years - could be sidetracked into an admin role rather than say, "that's it, give me my pension", at whatever age it is now. The same as the vast majority of other workers in this country.

So you agree there must be employers out there who exploit their workers! Of course there are good ones who pay them a fair wage for a fair days work

Nothing not to agree with Joe, there are holes in every walk of life.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Nothing not to agree with Joe, there are holes in every walk of life
    Then you can understand why some places have unions. And for your information, I've never been a union member nor a member of any political party
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

NO! These things don't happen overnight. What I'm saying is that those who are physically unable to do the job they applied for and wanted - and maybe had been doing perfectly well for 30 years - could be sidetracked into an admin role rather than say, "that's it, give me my pension", at whatever age it is now. The same as the vast majority of other workers in this country
    Well it should be the same for the police and ex-forces Oh hang on, that would be 1000's of people needing desk jobs. In an ideal world that would be good, but it's not. Many people say that's the problem with the NHS - too many penpushers and not enough doctors and nurses.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-shake-up.html
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Well it should be the same for the police and ex-forces. Oh hang on, that would be 1000's of people needing desk jobs. In an ideal world that would be good, but it's not. Many people say that's the problem with the NHS - too many penpushers and not enough doctors and nurses.
    Not sure about the police. They start off plodding the beat and then should progress up the corporate ladder.

Ex-forces are exactly that 'Ex'. They signed up for x amount of years.

Totally agree about the NHS though, they're haemorrhaging (excuse the pun) money, something I am putting a stop to where I can.

So you're like a retained fireman

http://www.fireservice.co.uk/recruit...d-firefighters

120 hrs a week

15-hr shift sounds so good Les, unlike my 8hr days of not been able to leave work
    I'm sure 15 hours is longer than 8!
    I love my job. All created by me!

A fireman should be paid more than those oxygen bandits in Westminster. Currently MPs get more than twice what a fireman does and they don't even save lives, they just ruin them.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Do you think some employers exploit their workers ? I don't know who you worked for but were they well off ? Did you work more hours than your contract stated ?
    Not interested whether my employer was well off or not, never had a contract in my life Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    A fireman should be paid more than those oxygen bandits in Westminster. Currently MPs get more than twice what a fireman does and they don't even save lives, they just ruin them.
    You must have started early Jamie to come out with that one

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    I'm sure 15 hours is longer than 8!
    I love my job. All created by me!
    I doubt you do more 'work' in your 15-hr shift than my 8 hrs Les, you're always on here. If I came on here btw 9 to 5 I'd get a warning for not working

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Not interested whether my employer was well off or not, never had a contract in my life Joe!
    Michael you sound like a decent guy, and i've had a few jobs in my time to know that some employers will exploit you if they can , a fair days pay for a fair days work i'm sure you agree with that

Well I wonder how many MPs would go into a building that's on fire I'm sure not many of them, yet they get all the perks of being an MP, they get more holidays than anyone else for a start

145-day total is considerably less than the 224 working days most people in the UK work.
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/25/mps-gi...endum-4200567/

i doubt you do more 'work' in your 15hr shift than my 8hr Les, your always on here, if i came on here btw 9 to 5 I'd get a warning for not working
    That's a daft point totally different jobs Joe. I'm self employed I am the boss and have to be disaplined by myself.I don't drive for 15 hours non stop of course, but I can't put my work away after 8 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    She's in the RCN & it's not a problem for me
    I thought you were against unions ded? Seems like double standards to me.

well i wonder how many MP's would go into a building that's on fire i'm sure not many of them, yet they get all the perks of being an MP, they get more holidays than anyone else for a start

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/25/mps-gi...endum-4200567/

That reminds me I must put the clothes in the dryer

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    I thought you were against unions ded? Seems like double standards to me.
    no he is only against unions that he doesn't like , Rcn for some reason is one he likes

That reminds me I must put the clothes in the dryer
    talking of dryers

anyone who suffers from eczema

http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/01/washin...czema-4930975/

Joe, I'm re-assessing my opinion of you

My post about dryers was as about as relevant as your comment on MP's running into burning buildings to this topic
    No you've turned my comment on dryers into a touching story about a little girl suffering from eczema and a washing machine

Joe, I have you sussed my friend With your skill at answering a question with something totally irrelevant but backing your views every time, then you must be a MP yourself.
    Now all I have to do is find out which one

it's not irrelevant when those MP's who have more holidays than anyone else, are forcing firemen to work until they are 60yrs old, who have forced them to pay more for their pensions, wouldn't do the job the firemen do

have you ever been in a burning building , I'd guess from your opinions from this post, no you haven't, maybe you would change your opinion if you had

as for random your pretty good at that when you've got no factual answer to post

have you ever been in a burning building , I'd guess from your opinions from this post, no you haven't, maybe you would change your opinion if you had
    No, but I did have some lovely smoked salmon from Lidl tonight

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/6764.htm?ac...etail&id=17887

Anyway back on the topic fairplay to those who work in the Fire Service. If a strike is what it takes, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Anyway back on the topic fair play to those who work in the Fire Service. If a strike is what it takes, go for it. .
    To all those who work for the Emergency Services, even thou some on here take them for granted safely sat at work. Let's hope they don't need them one day

To all those who work for the Emergency Services
    Amen to that but again they choose to do it and get paid for it.
    let's give the same praise to the civilian who jumps in a river to rescue a kid,or our brave soldiers having to stop and search a possible suicide bomber.

No one on here takes them for granted

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Michael you sound like a decent guy, and I've had a few jobs in my time to know that some employers will exploit you if they can , a fair days pay for a fair days work i'm sure you agree with that
    Joe, I was happy in my job whilst doing the practical side of the job from 1960 up until 1980 but was almost happy from 1980 up until retirement whilst learning and doing the management side of the job, I suppose in a way I was exploited most of my working life but having said that I was grateful for having a job. Pay rises were the thing we never received, so in order to get a pay rise most people in the same job as I was used to change companies about every five years, luckily it was an industry that was always looking for workers and staff!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I suppose in a way I was exploited most of my working life but having said that I was grateful for having a job. Pay rises were the thing we never received, so in order to get a pay rise most people in the same job as I was used to change companies about every five years, luckily it was an industry that was always looking for workers and staff!

Sure, the world doesn't owe anyone a living, but as I've said you should be paid a decent wage for a decent days work.

It's still like that today, I know someone who has not had a wage rise in 14yrs, the only increase in their wage was due to changes in tax and the increase in the minimum wage.

Don't you think that's a pretty employer, when they don't increase your wage after working there for years ? And due to inflation, you've have less money to spend each year, many people get a increase annually.

People will tell you any job is better than no job, it probably is but that doesn't stop people being exploited by employers

I would have done if I'd a subsidised bar to frequent.

If that's true, and Dedworth's neighbour can get £20 o\t then why is he doing another second job? Maybe there is no O/T to be done

And £29k a yr wouldn't buy you much up norf - never mind in Berks
    I think it's fair they should trouser in the region of £40k. On the other hand MP's should be brought back into the real world and their salary should be on par with what the average person in the UK gets, which equates to about a third of what they currently receive. Too many of these politicians are only in it for the money.

I think it's fair they should trouser in the region of £40k. On the other hand MP's should be brought back into the real world and their salary should be on par with what the average person in the UK gets, which equates to about a third of what they currently receive. Too many of these politicians are only in it for the money.
    Are you totally mad You're saying a firefighter should get @ £40K whereas a MP should get paid £26.5K
    I'd love to know what you do for a living

True, how many MPs have saved anyone life ? not many
    many have 'seconds jobs', one i posted about earlier was on £750,000 a yr, he had even left Parliament to go to his 'second job' in the real world he would have got sacked for that

How can he represent his constituency when he's doing another job

So let me get this straight, what you're both saying is that firefighters should get £40K a year. An MP's job is not putting out fires and saving peoples lives and therefore they should get paid £26.5K a year and this will prevent them going out and getting second jobs

It must be great living on planet Jamie & Joe

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information