Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

What annoys you about Pinoy TV

My wife gets her money's worth of TFC TV so I can often hear this going on in the background

I believe much Brit TV is dumbed down nonsense but this is what gets me going about Pinoy TV - I know this may annoy some members - no offence intended

a) I've probably mentioned this one before - Kris TV, a load of silly women endlessly talking about inane stuff (eg Haribo sweets) sometimes in English when they will use grossly over accentuated pseudo American accents. When Mrs D chats to her Filipino friends & relatives in English they carry on with their normal accents so why do these people have to put it on ?

b) The daft electronic whistles and warbles that are repeatedly sounded during some programmes

I won't mention the Ryzza Mae Show as nowadays she only watches occasionally online

My wife takes her tab wherever she goes in the house listening to some crappy soaps. It got so bad her English has declined, and she used to be such a cockney sparrow. She has started mixing up her "his and her" again, and it's confusing when during a conversation you realise the woman she is talking about is in fact a man.

At least she can still pronounce crisps and not kripps. So what I hate about Filipino TV is, it's stolen my wife.

Everything is so over-dramatised. Even the news readers can't just tell you the news they do it using this over the top, for dramatic effect, tone of voice.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Everything is so over-dramatised. Even the news readers can't just tell you the news they do it using this over the top, for dramatic effect, tone of voice.
    There's a screaming front man yelling something about ABS CBN Maaanila over the background music & helicopter sound effects at the start of TV Patrol

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    It's all crap and in 1970's quality, also 1960's style adverts!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    and its confusing when during a conversation you realise the woman she is talking about is in fact a man.
    That's often the case with the Pinoy "comedians" their TV

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post

She has started mixing up her "his and her" again, and it's confusing when during a conversation you realise the woman she is talking about is in fact a man.
    Sounds familiar, Pete ... they know the gender of the individual they're talking about, even though we're ... ... none the wiser.

Apart from the news everything is cheesy.

When I'm at home....It goes off.
    Occasionally we watch ABS CBN news for a laugh but that's about it.

All the bad actors in their too many, not funny adverts. Oh, and all the gun-toting drama shows. No wonder there are so many people with guns here. Never seen so many guns on TV in ma life. Millions of bullets being fired and not many people dying, lol

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    All the bad actors in their too many, not funny adverts. Oh, and all the gun-toting drama shows. No wonder there are so many people with guns here. Never seen so many guns on TV in ma life. Millions of bullets being fired and not many people dying, lol
    Actually...I must say, I did see those Boysen paint ads.. Thought they were good!

Some of these below I have not seen till just now..
    Quite good also!!

Lol, ya gotta laugh in those shoot 'em up dramas where the hand guns shoot about 50 bullets without reloading. Hahaha

Philippine drama, no need to watch it, just read this summary....

Young woman has love interest - both look like models. She has some old fat female relative giving her no doubt sound advice. She starts crying, no idea why. Along comes another young female model like, glares at her, she glares back. She says something no doubt hurtful, with that "nasty girl look" in her eyes. She turns away crying again. The mean girl has another mean girl friend/enemy, she at some point starts crying. The man turns up, is pretty useless, stands there posing to show off that he has a ripped body.
    She has a child, the child cries at school as the other girls are in practice for that mean girl look. The mother starts crying - no idea why, burnt the pancit perhaps.
    Oh and did I mention - they all start crying at some point.

Conclusion - Pinay women are all nasty to each other, and cry at the drop of a hat

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post
    Philippine drama, no need to watch it, just read this summary....

Young woman has love interest - both look like models. She has some old fat female relative giving her no doubt sound advice. She starts crying, no idea why. Along comes another young female model like, glares at her, she glares back. She says something no doubt hurtful, with that "nasty girl look" in her eyes. She turns away crying again. The mean girl has another mean girl friend/enemy, she at some point starts crying. The man turns up, is pretty useless, stands there posing to show off that he has a ripped body.
    She has a child, the child cries at school as the other girls are in practice for that mean girl look. The mother starts crying - no idea why, burnt the pancit perhaps.
    Oh and did I mention - they all start crying at some point.

Conclusion - Pinay women are all nasty to each other, and cry at the drop of a hat
    Puerile TV

Banned
    There was a daft one on last night "Bet On Your Baby" which seems to promote overweight parents and toddlers

Trusted Member
    I never watch it now.

A nation of adults with childrens' minds...and guns.

No TV drama necessary. Just look out the window.

Some of the stuff I sat through in Philippines made shows like Towie and Big Brother look good!

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Some of the stuff I sat through in Philippines made shows like Towie and Big Brother look good!
    We had Sky Cable TV in Philippines and I used to watch 'BBC World news', 'Al Jazeera' 'Fox' 'Nat Geo' and 'Discovery Channel'

Banned
    Kris TV should be renamed Kringe TV 'cos that's what it makes me do

Mrs D was watching TFC last night and they continually referred to Kris as "the Queen of all media" - pass the sickbag

It was all about her being rushed to hospital after eating something and the gist of the reports was that she was almost on her deathbed - anyhow all's well according to this http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertain...ushed-hospital

All I can say is that living with a lovely young wife and 2 daughters in their early 20's thank ...... I've got a laptop. Because if it's not Kris Aquino it's Kim 'the slag' Kardashian, The only way is Essex or a bunch of young Geordies talking absolute shiite

Banned
    Sounds horrendous Marco

Respected Member
    My question would be what is right with Philippine TV? The answer is not really very much at all.

I have often said that if I sit and watch any local TV in the Philippines I can feel brain cells crying out for help as they wither off and die in the far corners of my brain. I don't think I have EVER seen a documentary on Philippine TV, it's either Korean soaps (terrible), local soaps (even worse) or game shows which seem to promote giving money to people with some sort of sob story (accompanied by "boing" sound effects and girls dancing round carrying a box of tide detergent).

The local soaps seem to follow the exact same formula, just with a different show title. Something like this:-

Poor girl from province works as a either a house maid or some other menial job for a rich Filipino family (they own a publishing company or some other "realistic" job role) the girl will fall for the son of the family and its kept a secret. when the family find out they will not approve and the s**t will hit the fan.

Guns come out, lots of crying, either they both live or one will die leaving it as a tragic romance. Throw in some horrific visual effects and terrible acting and you have yourself a prime time soap!

Dan.

Looks like there's a gap in the market. Anybody want to make a TV show?

Trusted Member
    I think I must only have watched the kids' channels.

There's always someone dying of cancer in most dramas!

The commercial breaks are just so long long long.
    corny too

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    We had Sky Cable TV in Philippines and I used to watch 'BBC World news', 'Al Jazeera' 'Fox' 'Nat Geo' and 'Discovery Channel'
    Me too when we were not .

Banned
    Wife had Ryzza Mae on youTube recently - the girl is getting fatter than ever, cruel

Trusted Member
    Letting kids get obese is child abuse.

Let Professor Brian Cox make a documentary for them - he is class

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information