Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What annoys me about Pinoy TV?..........The ON button

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post
    What annoys me about Pinoy TV?..........The ON button

Annoying things about pinoy TV? Thats a rhetorical question right? Ok, lets begin......Chris superficial aquino ......Sharon mega star cuneta......Vice i am trendy with a tattoo on my neck Ganda ......Its putrid brainwash game a na ba,GAME NA crap

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    ....but what about the great commercials...conveniently every 3 minutes ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Annoying things about pinoy TV? Thats a rhetorical question right? Ok, lets begin......Chris superficial aquino ......Sharon mega star cuneta......Vice i am trendy with a tattoo on my neck Ganda ......Its putrid brainwash game a na ba,GAME NA crap
    I find Vice Ganda just about the most repulsive of the lot, he makes Ant & Dec look talented

Kris Aquino reminds me of Lorraine Kelly. Both good looking women but neither can shut up.

You lot know a lot more about it than me...
    Cmon...You know you love it really!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    My wife gets her money's worth of TFC TV so I can often hear this going on in the background

I believe much Brit TV is dumbed down nonsense but this is what gets me going about Pinoy TV - I know this may annoy some members - no offence intended

a) I've probably mentioned this one before - Kris TV, a load of silly women endlessly talking about inane stuff (eg Haribo sweets) sometimes in English when they will use grossly over accentuated pseudo American accents. When Mrs D chats to her Filipino friends & relatives in English they carry on with their normal accents so why do these people have to put it on ?

b) The daft electronic whistles and warbles that are repeatedly sounded during some programmes

I won't mention the Ryzza Mae Show as nowadays she only watches occasionally online
    You're right Ded, childish rubbish!

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Kris Aquino reminds me of Lorraine Kelly. Both good looking women but neither can shut up.
    Both fat!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Actually...I must say, I did see those Boysen paint ads.. Thought they were good!

Some of these below I have not seen till just now..
    Quite good also!!

Some of the ads have better content than the programmes

Quote Originally Posted by nitrox View Post
    My question would be what is right with Philippine TV? The answer is not really very much at all.

I have often said that if I sit and watch any local TV in the Philippines I can feel brain cells crying out for help as they wither off and die in the far corners of my brain. I don't think I have EVER seen a documentary on Philippine TV, it's either Korean soaps (terrible), local soaps (even worse) or game shows which seem to promote giving money to people with some sort of sob story (accompanied by "boing" sound effects and girls dancing round carrying a box of tide detergent).

The local soaps seem to follow the exact same formula, just with a different show title. Something like this:-

Poor girl from province works as a either a house maid or some other menial job for a rich Filipino family (they own a publishing company or some other "realistic" job role) the girl will fall for the son of the family and its kept a secret. when the family find out they will not approve and the s**t will hit the fan.

Guns come out, lots of crying, either they both live or one will die leaving it as a tragic romance. Throw in some horrific visual effects and terrible acting and you have yourself a prime time soap!

Dan.
    Also someone always dying of Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Let Professor Brian Cox make a documentary for them - he is class
    They wouldn't understand!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Both fat!
    Plenty of attractive women out there who aren't wafer thin.

I could never dscribe cris aquino as attractive,the plastic surgery and botox arent so good,i prefer michaels description

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I could never dscribe cris aquino as attractive,the plastic surgery and botox arent so good,i prefer michaels description
    A completely inane format - day after day she drags her son and fawning hangers on round various places cooking up food

Plenty of attractive women out there who aren't wafer thin.
    , Jamie ... in my experience, plump(er),"rosy~cheeked" women tend to be sweeter-natured than those with *thin lips which are - all too often - *part and parcel of sharp, haggard features.

I knew Cris was a simpleton when i saw her on tv telling a poor lady with half a dozen kids and living in a slum that she should use moisturiser several times a day as part of a daily beauty regime,i realised then she was not of this planet maybe she eats her own cooking and thats why she looks bloated

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    , Jamie ... in my experience, plump(er), rosy~cheeked women tend to be sweeter-natured than the ones with thin lips which are - all too often - accompanied by sharp, haggard features.
    Totally agree Arthur if we're talking about British women. More down to earth with better personalities and not self-obsessed like some of the skinnies. And it's a myth that all men go for thin women. My ex missus is size 16 coming up for 48 (in age ) and she still gets plenty of guys asking her out even though she's married.

Totally agree Arthur if we're talking about British women. More down to earth with better personalities and not self-obsessed like some of the skinnies. And it's a myth that all men go for thin women. My ex missus is size 16 coming up for 48 (in age ) and she still gets plenty of guys asking her out even though she's married.
    Yep ... meant to add I'd been referring to western women in general.

Banned
    Here's some big 'uns from up North

Thanks for the rep, whoever you are?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information