Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It was all borrowed lol, we all ended up spending what we did not have and there was no control on the banks.

Plus all the ridiculous immigrants allowed in. 120-odd different kinds of benefits created a whole generation of 'Jeremy' kids, 2 illegal wars, etc., etc. Labour supporters are in constant denial

What's the point you're making about a degree?

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Some of you on here have no grasp of basic economics. Labour left us with the biggest deficit ever - yet you still blame this government.
    Of course we blame this government. Look at the cuts they have made. And still there is no improvement. And they announce a further 5 years cuts, ! While all the cuts are taking place they get an 11% rise. People won't stand for it. I listened to the Lib/Dem Conference; they had the opposite policy from the Tories - tax the rich and help the lower working people. Sounds good to me. Just because you earn more does not mean you work harder.

Of course I earn a decent wage - because I work hard. Are you drinking special brew? 'coz you don't make sense lol

Banned
    The present economic woes in Australia are due to the previous Labour regime spending like there was no tomorrow

They made the cuts coz your lot shafted us. Will take years to sort out of course. You forget we're the fastest growing economy in Europe, lowest unemployment in years, etc etc

Of course I earn a decent wage - because I work hard. Are you drinking special brew? 'coz you don't make sense lol
    I don't know whether it's me but I haven't seen a taxi driver work hard.

What's the point you're making about a degree?
    The point is Les, they've been studying for years, taken exams, sacrificed time and money
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Of course I earn a decent wage because I work hard. You drinking special brew coz you don't make sense lol
    everyone says they work hard les tell me someone who doesn't
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

They made the cuts coz your lot shafted us will take years to sort out of course you forget we fastest growing economy in Europe, lowest unemployment in years etc etx
    A large amount of those employed are on short term or zero hour contracts brought about by this government.

Better than no job at all under Labour! Zero hours on way out too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    The present economic woes in Australia are due to the previous Labour regime spending like there was no tomorrow
    So Dedworth, the Labour Party dragged all of Europe and much of the world into recession?

Maybe you - and Les with his basic understanding of economics - could explain the following graphic to us who don't have the same expertise as you two

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    everyone says they work hard les tell me someone who doesn't
    What are you on about now, Joe? I am not arguing about how hard people work! Again, what's the degree point about? Please explain.

What are you on about now, Joe? I am not arguing about how hard people work! Again, what's the degree point about? Please explain.
    You think that people who spend time and money educating themselves should not be financially rewarded, Les? Could you do the job of a midwife, nurse or doctor?

Joe, you are starting to look silly now. Where did I say they should not get paid properly? Show me please. I have the utmost respect for the medical profession and value all they do. So an experienced midwife on about £35,000 is not enough you think? You cannot say that is a poor wage.

I maybe could have been a male nurse but it was not the job for me.

Don't forget, this 1% increase would apply to those top paid consultants on over £100,000. You are a closet Tory

So Dedworth, the Labour Party dragged all of Europe and much of the world into recession?

Maybe you - and Les with his basic understanding of economics - could explain the following graphic to us who don't have the same expertise as you two

Glad you posted that Joe - seeing as it shows UK at the top under a Tory-led coalition government, and how we were at the bottom under Labour - good find!

Glad you posted that Joe - seeing as it shows UK at the top under a Tory-led coalition goverment, and how we were at the bottom under Labour - good find!
    Are you colour-blind Les? Was Labour responsible for the decline in GDP in Germany and France?

All taxi drivers should be employed by the Government on P.A.Y.E. and paid minimum wage. What would you say to that Les?

Somehow I don't think you would like it.

Why taxi drivers?

Never been unemployed under a Labour government. Always been made redundant under a Tory government. Just one of the reasons I vote Labour.

Why taxi drivers?
    Why not?

Reason number 1: It would stop all the tax fiddles that go on.

Why don't you agree with it Les?

I don't get the gist of your statement. I don't get holiday pay or sick pay as it is. Like I have said before, too many whingers moaning about their jobs. I love my job, work lots of hours. Have to fend off fights, even had a gun waved in my car. I have a very, very successful business - all achieved by me. No one has helped. You make your own way in this life.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Unions are the problem, get rid!

They are all the same, hand in hand - promises promises - just in there to get what they can. Joe public matters not!

I bet they are all drinking buddies.

Well its good to bring this old chestnut up. It's gonna be fun next election time!

Joe, you are starting to look silly now. Where did I say they should not get paid properly? Show me please. I have the utmost respect for the medical profession and value all they do. So an experienced midwife on about £35,000 is not enough you think? You cannot say that is a poor wage.

I maybe could have been a male nurse but it was not the job for me.

Don't forget, this 1% increase would apply to those top paid consultants on over £100,000. You are a closet Tory
    Why are you posting their annual wage then? You think £22k is a lot, I think that's about what the average starting wage a graduate would get. Tell me when they start getting paid £35k. How many years' experience, Les? And how many years it takes to become a £60k consultant midwife?

What's the starting wage of a consultant, Les? Also, do you have any idea of what is the minimum age say a surgeon could be to get this starting wage?

I'll help you Les, you leave school with some 'A' Levels, take a 5yr medical degree, 2 years foundation training, 7yrs training as a surgeon - that's if you are lucky and manage to pass each exam and find a placement for the next year. What's that? They would be a minimum of 32 yrs old, and been continuously studying and getting in debt for the last 14yrs - and you think £60k a year is too much Les?

Wow you must be googling like mad today Joe. Not easy for me as I'm working. £22,000 is not bad as a starting wage. Joe, were these people forced into these jobs or did they choose their career?

I also wish to say that many doctors I know are middle class having come from moneyed backgrounds.Tory voters too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post

Ms Harman said her party shared public unease about the impact of immigration on UK workers' pay and pressure on public services.

They'll be losing all their voters
    ... her statement could very well finish up "harmin" Labour's chances at the next Election. Silly woman!

Banned

I'll help you Les, you leave school with some 'A' Levels, take a 5yr medical degree, 2 years foundation training, 7yrs training as a surgeon, that's if you are lucky and manage to pass each exam and find a placement for the next year. What's that? They would be a minimum of 32 yrs old, and been continuously studying and getting in debt for the last 14yrs - and you think £60k a year is too much Les ?
    Is that why we have so many foreign doctors Joe 'cos their training is less thorough ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information