Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Lightbulb Fiancee Visa - Immigration history

I am new on this site..I thought this the right place to share and to ask your ideas guys regarding my status.

I was previously a student before visa expired 1 June 2013...and met my fiance in the UK..30 May 2013. I APPLIED further leave to remain before my visa expiration but it was later refused by the Home Office because we are not living together. We appealed from first Tier Tribunal but was refused by the judge because she cannot accept that we are engaged last February 2013. Since we do not have a documentary evidence that we are engaged..Judge said that there is no reason why I can't go back here in Philippines to apply fiancee visa once both of us are ready to get married..

We asked permission to appeal at upper tribunal but also refused. I left the UK 28 days from the date of notice of decision from Upper Tribunal in May 2014.

We had our engagement party in May 2014, we took photos with friends and co workers during our engagement party, kept the receipt of drinks during the party. We are planning to apply fiancee visa to get married in UK and will submit the proofs that we are really engaged..and some letters from our friends that they attended our engagement party. Does my immigration history will affect my new application?

I am so stressed and scared that they will refuse my application. I want to be with my fiance and live together as man and wife.

Just curious, but why not get married in the Philippines ?

Generally speaking each application is judged on its own merit.
    Based on what you've shared there has been no contravention of immigration rules.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    It's because he has general anxiety..he cannot take train nor plane. That is why the judge said there us no reason for me to go back to Philippines to apply fiancee visa when we are ready to get married..

Thank you for your reply. I am now relieved..I hope this time they will grant me fiancee visa.

Here's wishing you best of luck Gracie

Don't be shy to seek support here. We have quite a few members who came to UK on a Fiancée visa.

Hopefully they'll be willing to share their experiences with you

Why did you apply for FLR? Unless you had been living together for 2 yrs, I doubt you would have been granted it.

On what grounds did you think you could apply?

Anyway, you've met and good luck with the fiancée visa.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thread Information