Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    As previously indicated, if your fiancé is under permanent contract at a specified salary or salary range then he is considered under salaried employment and you should not submit non-compliant payslips.

However, if your fiancé is under non-salaried job (such as hourly-paid etc) then you may use the UKVI annualised average over 6 months. Simply add the payslips for 6 months, divide by 6 and then multiply by 12. If it comes out to at least £18,600 then the requirement is met.
    Associated risks are mostly within the needed employment contract and/or employer letter which should clearly indicate the type of contract and that it's variable pay.

Employment and income status must be clearly stated.
    We used Category A Salaried Employment. I wasn't aware about the £1,550/monthly.

Can I still withdraw my application and request a refund? I just submitted my application last week.

Honey, I don't know any detail about your application but when you say you submitted last week do you mean the online submission or do you mean you visited VFS and submitted the Appendix 2 and all supporting docs?

Honey, I don't know any detail about your application but when you say you submitted last week do you mean the online submission or do you mean you visited VFS and submitted the Appendix 2 and all supporting docs?
    Yes Sir Terpe, I submitted my supporting documents & forms to VFS Manila last week.

Quote Originally Posted by honey View Post
    Yes Sir Terpe, I submitted my supporting documents & forms to VFS Manila last week.
    And your partner is definitely under contract for salaried employment?

And your partner is definitely under contract for salaried employment ?

No, my husband is in permanent salaried employment. He earns more than £1,550 a month except for the.month of June coz he was here for 2 weeks and didn't get paid, but despite of the shortfall, he still met the income threshold w/c is £10,000 + in 6 months. Will it be okay? I'm so worried about my application now. Can you advise me on what to do with my application please? If I withdraw my application will I get a refund?

HI Terpe, I am really confused now ... I read the financial requirements again and I think I've gotten it right this time. It states that:

Non-salaried employment includes that paid at an hourly or other rate (and the number and/or pattern of hours required to be worked may vary) or paid an amount which varies according to the work that is undertaken. This would mean my partner belongs to this. Thanks for the clarification Terpe.

Also, it states that:

To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A, the following calculation should be used:

(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.

If my partner's 6 months income is £10,103.55 / 6 = £1,683.92 x 12 = £20,207.04, this would mean he met the financial requirement.

Am I right this time Terpe? My apologies - with all the information I've been reading, I've gotten somewhat mixed up.

No, my husband is in permanent salaried employment. He earns more than £1,550 a month except for the month of June coz he was here for 2 weeks and didn't get paid, but in spite of the shortfall, he still met the income threshold w/c is £10,000 + in 6 months. Will it be okay? I'm so worried about my application now. Can you advise me on what to do with my application please? If I withdraw my application will I get a refund?
    Honey, sorry to say there are no refunds at this stage.

If he's in permanent salaried employment why didn't he get paid for those 2 weeks in June ?
    Did he take unpaid leave ?

Based solely on the information you've shared I can't give you false hope.
    However no harm in contacting UKVI Manila and try to defer until December.
    Just explain what happened and ask.

Try this e-mail:-
    manilvisaenquiries@fco.gov.uk

Try as many as you find.
    Here's a possible if still there:-
    Ms B Pastolero - Appeals and Correspondence Manager, Manila Visa Hub

Another possible chance if still around is:-
    Aileen.Cruz2@fco.gov.uk

Chin up Honey

I plan to submit it by November, Honey.

No, my husband is in permanent salaried employment. He earns more than £1,550 a month except for the month of June coz he was here for 2 weeks and didn't get paid, but in spite of the shortfall, he still met the income threshold w/c is £10,000 + in 6 months. Will it be okay? I'm so worried about my application now. Can you advise me on what to do with my application please? If I withdraw my application will I get a refund?

Hi Honey, sorry to interrupt but I think the confusion is why your husband didn't get paid in June. If, as you say, he is in full time salaried employment, then he would be legally entitled to a certain amount of holiday pay (usually a minimum of 3 weeks a year). The only reason I can think of is that he had already taken his holiday allocation and took these 2 weeks as additional unpaid holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by joey g View Post
    ....If my partner's 6 months income is £10,103.55 / 6 = £1683.92 x 12 = £20,207.04, this would mean he met the financial requirement.

Am I right this time Terpe? My apologies - with all the information I've been reading, I've gotten some mixed up.
    That's OK provided he's not on a permanent salaried employment.
    The key is to be sure you state to UKVI the variable pay aspect.
    More important is that the Employment Contract and/or Employer letter of employment also clearly states that.

If there's any possibility of misunderstanding on either side I'd be inclined to wait for 6 months compliant payslips but in principle your understanding is OK

Honey, sorry to say there are no refunds at this stage.

If he's in permanent salaried employment why didn't he get paid for those 2 weeks in June ?
    Did he take unpaid leave ?

Based solely on the information you've shared I can't give you false hope.
    However no harm in contacting UKVI Manila and try to defer until December.
    Just explain what happened and ask.

Try this e-mail:-
    manilvisaenquiries@fco.gov.uk

Try as many as you find.
    Here's a possible if still there:-
    Ms B Pastolero - Appeals and Correspondence Manager, Manila Visa Hub

Another possible chance if still around is:-
    Aileen.Cruz2@fco.gov.uk

Chin up Honey
    Thank you Sir Terpe. I'll talk to hubby later about this, just a bit scared coz he gets grumpy everytime I bring bad news about the visa. To be honest I dont know what should I say when I email UKVI. Is it possible to defer my application until December?

Yes Simon you are right, my husband had already taken his holiday .

..... Is it possible to defer my application until December?
    To be honest Honey, I don't know if it'll be allowed.
    Nothing to lose so please do pester UKVI Manila Hub with requests to do so and why......the worst case scenario is nothing changes.

Hi Terpe, I can probably say he is not, his employment contract indicated his hourly rate, not an annual pay. Yes, I am submitting 6 months' payslips just to be certain. Thanks Terpe, I'm so glad I found this site. Hoping for the best

Hi Terpe, I can probably say he is not, his employment contract indicated his hourly rate, not an annual pay. Yes, I am submitting 6 months' payslips just to be certain. Thanks Terpe, I'm so glad I found this site. Hoping for the best
    Don't forget the 6 months corresponding Bank Statements

Hi Terpe. Yes, we also have those, they coincide with his pay for each month.

Thanks Terpe.

Hi Terpe, with regards to accommodation: Based on the Immigration Directorate Guidelines Chapter 1-2, accommodation is prospective rather than available upon arrival. No payment should be made for accommodation. Then how are we to get a letter from a prospective landlord if no payment or contract has been entered into?

Hi Terpe, with regards to accommodation: Based on the Immigration Directorate Guidelines Chapter 1-2, accommodation is prospective rather than available upon arrival. No payment should be made for accommodation. Then how are we to get a letter from a prospective landlord if no payment or contract has been entered into?
    See my post #16
    Accommodation must be adequate.
    Staying with friends / family is OK just as long as the owner provides permission for you to stay there.

The accommodation must meet legal requirements on overcrowding.

If you have any doubts then an independent inspection report should be submitted.

The ECO will make e a decision on the evidence you provide.
    If there is an intention to secure different accommodation at a later date you should say so.

Hi everyone!

Before I do apply, I really hope you guys can tell me if the following are already enough to hopefully get the approval for my unmarried partner visa application.

English Language Requirement - I have already passed my IELTS exam with total band score of 7.

Accommodation - My partner is moving to a new rental this Wednesday and told him to have the contract
    indicate that I will be allowed to join him in the rented unit. The space is adequate
    to accommodate both of us.

Financial Requirement : bank statement and letter indicating that the statement is authentic and is
    under my partners name
    : payslips - 6 months (if we file in February) covering August - January
    : certification from employer of his employment including all needed data

* Note: if I understood it right, we will have to satisfy the income requirement of at least £18,600. Since he is under a non-salaried job - as he is paid on an hourly basis - we will have to compute it and ensure the required amount is met.

Proof of relationship : been together for 13 years already, emails, photos, facebook posts and
    messages, money transfers, etc. ( our photos are from 2002 - 2013 )
    : sworn statement from my partners mother and sister in law stating that we
    have been together for 13 years ( even have family pictures with the in laws
    during special occasions)
    : sworn statement from my brother, our neighbour also stating that they have
    known us as a couple for the years indicated
    : letter from me and my partner separately stating the details of our relationship

Note: Although he is still legally married here in the Philippines, they have been separated for 13 years already. I have read that despite not having his marriage here in the Philippines annulled, applying as an unmarried partner, this will not be a problem as long as we can really prove the authenticity of our relationship (hope I'm right)

Of course I will have to undergo the TB Test before submitting my application.

With all that I've mentioned above, can anybody please tell me honestly if we stand a chance of having our application approved? We just want to do it right the first time.

I would really appreciate any feedback from you guys.

Thank you.

Hi Joey G, I have followed your posts but left comments to those people who are wiser on this subject than me. I note you have said you have 2 children. I assume that the kids will be staying in Phils? Seems you have covered everything. Just a word of advice, the more details that you can supply to cover your relationship - no matter how small they are - will help your application. I'm sure you realise it's expensive to have a refusal just for some small thing that you may have missed.

Hopefully, Terpe will come on here and give you the go ahead. He really is good when it comes to these kinds of Topic, and anything he suggests, I respectfully recommend you take note of.

Good luck with your application.

English Language Requirement - I have already passed my IELTS exam with total band score of 7.
    That sounds great. Just be aware that a 'total band' score doesn't count with UKVI
    They'd be looking for a score of 4 for each of the mandatory modules. Hope that's what you meant.

Accommodation - My partner is moving to a new rental this wed and told him to have the contract
    indicate that I will be allowed to join him in the rented unit. The space is adequate to accommodate both of us.
    Would be a good idea to also include written details of the accommodation if not already included in the rental agreement.

Financial Requirement : bank statement and letter indicating that the statement is authentic and is under my partners name
    : payslips - 6 months (if we file on feb) covering August - January
    : certification from employer of his employment including all needed data

* Note: if understood it right, we will have to satisfy the income requirement of at least 18,600. Since he is under a non-salaried job, since he is paid on an hourly basis, we will have to compute it and the required amount is met.
    Which category do you intend to apply under?

Do be aware that both payslips and bank statements need to cover the same financial period. Maybe I misunderstood but it seemed as though only one bank statement would be submitted.
    As Harry mentions, the £18600 income threshold will cover yourself only. It will not cover visa applications for children.

Proof of relationship : been together for 13 years already, emails, photos, facebook post and messages, money transfers, etc. ( our photos are from 2002 - 2013 )
    : sworn statement from my partners mother and sister in law stating that we have been together for 13 years ( even have family pictures with the in laws during special occassions)
    :sworn statement from my brother, our neighbor also stating that they have known us as a couple for the years indicated
    : letter from me and my partner separately stating the details of our relationship

Note: Although he is still legally married here in the Philippines, they have been separated for 13 years already. I have read that despite not having his marriage here in the Philippines annulled, applying as an unmarried partner, this will not be a problem as long as we can really prove the authenticity of our relationship (hope i'm right)
    The unmarried partner visa requires that you submit documentary evidence that you have been living together with your partner for at least two years in a relationship similar to marriage.

Hopefully this aspect is adequately covered?

Note: Although he is still legally married here in the Philippines, they have been separated for 13 years already. I have read that despite not having his marriage here in the Philippines annulled, applying as an unmarried partner, this will not be a problem as long as we can really prove the authenticity of our relationship (hope I'm right)
    Yes, you're right. Based solely on what you've shared you appear to be in a position to meet the requirements.

Out of curiosity, what is the reason why your partner has not filed for divorce here in England ?

Hi Harry. Thank you, will put in every small detail so I wont miss anything. It is expensive and it will be devastating if we don't get approved just because of some minor detail.

Thanks again.

Hi Terpe.

Yes , have scores of 7 and 7.5 for the two tests that has to be met.

As for the accommodation, this will include yhe details of the flat he is renting.

For the financial requirement, the payslips and bank statements will cover the 6 months required. We will be applying under category A, non- salaries since he is under variable pay.

We have been together for 12 years together here in the Philippines and we have documents to support that.

As for the divorce, my application is our priority. If all goes well, we will file the divorce and get married there, God willing.

I really appreciate all the help all of you have extended. Im sure everyone who is about to apply have the same fears and all of you who have helped gives us hope.

Again, thank you.

Hi Terpe.

Yes , have scores of 7 and 7.5 for the two tests that has to be met.

As for the accommodation, this will include the details of the flat he is renting.

For the financial requirement, the payslips and bank statements will cover the 6 months required. We will be applying under category A, non- salaried since he is under variable pay.

We have been together for 12 years together here in the Philippines and we have documents to support that.

As for the divorce, my application is our priority. If all goes well, we will file the divorce and get married there, God willing.

I really appreciate all the help all of you have extended. Im sure everyone who is about to apply have the same fears and all of you who have helped gives us hope.

Again, thank you.

Hi Terpe,

As for our letters, does it have to be an affidavit or sworn statements notatized or a handwritten letter from each of us will do? Or will a printed letter with our signatures affixed on them suffice?

Thank you

Hi Terpe,

As for our letters, does it have to be an affidavit or sworn statements notatized or a handwritten letter from each of us will do? Or will a printed letter with our signatures affixed on them suffice?

Thank you
    Hi joey g,

If you haven't already done so may I kindly suggest you review the UKVI internal document called Guidance: Unmarried and same-sex partners: SET05

Take special note of "SET5.13 What types of evidence might demonstrate living together and a relationship akin to marriage / civil partnership?" which gives examples of the sort of documentary evidence required.

Letters would come under "•Any other evidence that adequately demonstrates the couple’s long-term commitment to each other."
    As such it's not mandatory that they be notarised sworn statements, but do note that all documentary evidence should be original.

Hope that helps you

Hi Terpe.

For the documentary evidences, we individually have bills/ government docs indicating the same address covering almost 5 years. Also will submit sworn statements from both our families acknowledging the relationship, aside from our letters.

Thank you Terpe and the rest of the guys for all your help.

Hi all, most of all to those who have enlightened me with all the questions I have posted. I got my visa today. again thank you all!

Trusted Member
    Congratulations !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information