Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much?

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Moving to the Philippines because it is cheaper than your home country is a huge mistake in my opinion. There are plenty of other equally important things to consider before and after you make the move.

Have met a few foreigners over the years that didn't have a problem financially but left because they couldn't adapt.
    Very true, this place is not for everybody. It can wear you down after holiday/retirement mode has worn off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Was your missus keen to move back to the Phils when you first had the idea, Steve? It must be a few years now since you originally brought up the topic of you guys emigrating, on here!
    Yes Jamie, Ems wants to go back home after so many years,Its just me and how many things are changing so quick in my work and outlook in life,
    I know i must stand back and just breath time gets tuff or just move on

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    Have you ever thought of living in France? our plan is to buy a place over there so we will still be fairly close to our 3 x kids who go to uni over the coming 3 years. The locals are not the friendliest bunch but the climate below Limoges is nice and the countryside is beautiful. Also, the price of property is very reasonable, even a country cottage with a gite which would give you an income.....
    Years ago in another life we were going to buy a place in France, my daughter has a place there, and I do like the rural way of life.
    Who knows where any of us will be in a few years time, but I think France would cost me more per year to live in than the Phils, and with a small pension coming in, well I just cannot see myself living there.

Yes, maybe would be cheaper to live in PI but don't think I could do it again....

Trusted Member
    My brother has had a holiday home in France for years. Wish I was rich like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    Have you ever thought of living in France?
    Problem with France is ... ... they speak in French, which - even for people who've studied the language at school, college or wherever - is spoken at such a fast rate, that it's too difficult to follow!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    We had a brand new two bedroom apartment Rent was p8000 per month and I won't eat local food, I ate almost everything I eat at home in UK, Bacon and egg, roast dinners with yorkshire pudding also found Camp coffee, Potatoes, baked beans etc. !
    Were they imported?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    were they imported?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information