Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question Desperate family fighting immigration officials

Desperate family fighting immigration officials to keep Philippines-born son in country

Fred Buenavista has lived, worked and paid taxes in the UK for 13 years with his British mum and step dad - the government wants to boot him out

A desperate family are fighting to keep their son in Britain before immigration officials throw him out on Monday.

Fred Buenavista, 31, was born in the Philippines but has lived, worked and paid taxes in the UK for 13 years with his British mum and stepdad and his two half-sisters.

Former barman Fred’s devastated family and friends have launched a last-ditch campaign, backed by their local MP, to stop him being flown back to the Phillipines after he was detained by the UK Border Agency (UKBA).

Fred is now awaiting news at his home in Aylesford, Kent after the UKBA officials granted bail ahead of his flight.

He was being supported by mum Maria Pratt and half-sisters Sarah, 23, and Sophia, 13, and step-father Alan, 69.

Fred said: “I don’t have a criminal record, I have studied and worked here and paid taxes. I even have a national insurance number.

“I don’t want to be apart from my family. I have not lived in the Philippines since I was four years old. I have got relatives there but no-one I really know.

“All I am asking is that I be allowed to stay here with my family. I will miss my mum, dad, sisters and all the friends I have made here.”

Fred left the Philippines aged four with mum Maria and businessman step dad Alan.

Fred’s natural father refused to let Alan legally adopt his son, who went on to spend his youth in New Zealand, Hong Kong and Malaysia.

The family moved to Britain in 2002 and mum Maria became a British citizen.

Fred was allowed to stay on a succession of student visas which eventually ran out.

Around 18 months ago he received a letter from services company Capita saying he had to leave the country and last September he was asked to report weekly to the immigration reporting centre in Folkestone, Kent.

Earlier this month he visited the centre as normal and was told he was going to be deported to the Philippines.

Mum Maria added: “My heart is breaking. I cannot accept that my son will be taken away from me. He is my life.”

MP Tracey Crouch said: “I completely understand when people say the laws are there, but there are exceptional circumstances.

"This a unique case, when you have a young man who has lived with a family since he was four years old. It’s applying the rules too rigorously.”

More than 3,500 people have signed an on-line petition demanding that he be allowed to stay and a ‘Free Fred’ page has been set up on Facebook by supporters.

Source

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Desperate family fighting immigration officials to keep Philippines-born son in country

Fred Buenavista has lived, worked and paid taxes in the UK for 13 years with his British mum and step dad - the government wants to boot him out

A desperate family are fighting to keep their son in Britain before immigration officials throw him out on Monday.

Fred Buenavista, 31, was born in the Philippines but has lived, worked and paid taxes in the UK for 13 years with his British mum and stepdad and his two half-sisters.

Former barman Fred’s devastated family and friends have launched a last-ditch campaign, backed by their local MP, to stop him being flown back to the Phillipines after he was detained by the UK Border Agency (UKBA).

Fred is now awaiting news at his home in Aylesford, Kent after the UKBA officials granted bail ahead of his flight.

He was being supported by mum Maria Pratt and half-sisters Sarah, 23, and Sophia, 13, and step-father Alan, 69.

Fred said: “I don’t have a criminal record, I have studied and worked here and paid taxes. I even have a national insurance number.

“I don’t want to be apart from my family. I have not lived in the Philippines since I was four years old. I have got relatives there but no-one I really know.

“All I am asking is that I be allowed to stay here with my family. I will miss my mum, dad, sisters and all the friends I have made here.”

Fred left the Philippines aged four with mum Maria and businessman step dad Alan.

Fred’s natural father refused to let Alan legally adopt his son, who went on to spend his youth in New Zealand, Hong Kong and Malaysia.

The family moved to Britain in 2002 and mum Maria became a British citizen.

Fred was allowed to stay on a succession of student visas which eventually ran out.

Around 18 months ago he received a letter from services company Capita saying he had to leave the country and last September he was asked to report weekly to the immigration reporting centre in Folkestone, Kent.

Earlier this month he visited the centre as normal and was told he was going to be deported to the Philippines.

Mum Maria added: “My heart is breaking. I cannot accept that my son will be taken away from me. He is my life.”

MP Tracey Crouch said: “I completely understand when people say the laws are there, but there are exceptional circumstances.

"This a unique case, when you have a young man who has lived with a family since he was four years old. It’s applying the rules too rigorously.”

More than 3,500 people have signed an on-line petition demanding that he be allowed to stay and a ‘Free Fred’ page has been set up on Facebook by supporters.

Source
    Jihadists we welcome you back from Syria but this boy has to return home...

Trusted Member
    He has a pretty good case, poor bloke.

He didn't ASK to be taken away from the Philippines.

Yet yes, there are thousands of foreign scumbags living in parasitic paradise here without being troubled.

31yrs old - 13yrs in UK, came when he was 18, too old to be classed as a dependent. So they used a student visa to keep him here

Why didn't he apply for ILR using 10yrs legal stay?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I,m just waiting for our liberal members to pipe up, "rules are rules".

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Jihadists we welcome you back from Syria but this boy has to return home...
    And 24 Eritreans have just landed on the back of a lorry - with no doubt, no papers - claiming ayslum. More tax payers' money being swallowed up

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    Rules are rules, how many people on here have moaned about fake students, who come here not to study but to work? It looks to me exactly what they have done - but in this case, to be together. Probably what a few people would have done on here.. 13yrs on a student visa is a take thou.

I've got some sympathy for him and his family. They decided to move to the UK and her son was over 18 so he is no longer a minor, which he is not. So he comes to the UK on a student visa. They could have all stayed together in whichever country they were in before they moved to the UK

New Zealand, Hong Kong or Malaysia.
    Or even better, why didn't they move to an EU country and get him there and then move to the UK. Under EU law you're a minor until your 21. Or sort his visa out after 10yrs. He should have been able to apply for ILR then, unless for some reason, he couldn't
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    Rules are rules
    As far as immigration goes we all have to be mindful and follow them whether we agree or not.

I'm pretty sure you turn 'liberal' and follow the rules when it's time to submit to immigration folk over there.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Rules are rules. The problem with some people is they don't get themselves knowledgeable enough when it comes to visas and the processes involved in it. Like what Joe said, why didn't he apply for ILR after 10 years of staying here? One reason I can think of is because Student Visa would only cost half the price of what he'd shed for the ILR. Well, look what happened now.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidston...l-to-uk-23773/

He's leaving voluntarily with his mum he can apply for visa after 12 months

The rules are unfair when you see the vermin using Cheri Blair and other publicly funded 'uman rites lawyers to stay here

Rules may be rules but common sense is common sense. Something they fail to ignore when allowing murderous rapists and the like to stay in this country.

Instead of throwing the scum out they go after the easy prey as it's less trouble for them.

Pillocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post

12 Months is not long , I am sure that he will enjoy his holiday in the PH and not have to worry paying UK taxes!!

Best of luck to Fred Buenavista as I reckon he will not have a hard time obtaining his visa for next year
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

The rules are unfair when you see the vermin using Cheri Blair and other publicly funded 'uman rites lawyers to stay here
    Would you be saying the rules are unfair Dedworth if he was Indian or Pakistani ?

Now it mentions work visa and not a student visa

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    Would you be saying the rules are unfair Dedworth if he was Indian or Pakistani ?

Now it mentions work visa and not a student visa
    Did I mention race Joe or did you ? - I thought I referred to "vermin" (in general) using apologist legally aided lawyers

Did I mention race Joe or did you ? - I thought I referred to "vermin" (in general) using apologist legally aided lawyers
    you posted the rules are unfair, he doesn't not have a valid visa to stay in the uk, so how is that unfair ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    you posted the rules are unfair, he doesn't not have a valid visa to stay in the uk, so how is that unfair ?
    I'm mystified, no response to my query over you raising race I'll retire from this thread now because as usually happens you answer a question #14 with another unrelated question #15

Application of these rules is unfair as the publicly funded lawyers manage to stop the deportation vans before they get to the plane when the feral father, convicted criminals suddenly remember that they are gay and will be persecuted in their homeland

So anyone who hasn't a valid visa and they don't use Legal Aid lawyers are not 'vermin', you have to use Legal Aid to be vermin

Many times you've posted about Pakistanis and Indians without a valid visa saying they should be deported, so how are the rules unfair?

Thread Information