Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

My interview of Mr Ronald Hartigan.

Some say this is a scam..
    I don't think it is.
    The parents may have made mistakes, but the kids will suffer for them.

http://www.coolbuster.net/2014/09/vi...gan-story.html

Sounds genuine

Looks like the old boy has just had a heart attack.
    This is definitely something that age gap relationships should consider before deciding to have children IMO..
    Lots of old guy`s dying over here all the time..The much younger Mrs left to hold the fort with no benefits or pension.
    in this case it is suspected that the "Mrs" is a no hoper anyway which IMO means the kids are a lost tribe that will have to battle childhood together all alone.

Darn shame for the kids

Having four kids with a woman who had a drink, drug and gambling problem is just asking for trouble. And now he wants people to bail him out because he was too daft to realise this. But then again, this may be a load of bull. He's either an eejit or a con artist. Take your pick.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Another reason why you should register the children's births to their respective embassies and get their dual nationalities passports right away. It'll be less worry if things like these happen in the future.

I do hope they (especially the kids) will have something good in the end.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Having four kids with a woman who had a drink, drug and gambling problem is just asking for trouble. And now he wants people to bail him out because he was too daft to realise this. But then again, this may be a load of bull. He's either an eejit or a con artist. Take your pick.
    Absolutely no evidence of this ole fella being a drunk or a gambler just yet..
    I suppose it will all come out in the wash though..or not..
    The kids will suffer though regardless long after this thread has been forgotten about..

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Absolutely no evidence of this ole fella being a drunk or a gambler just yet..
    I suppose it will all come out in the wash though..or not..
    The kids will suffer though regardless long after this thread has been forgotten about..
    You misread my post Fred. I was referring to his wife, who by his own admission in that link provided was a drunk, gambler etc.

Trusted Member
    I've never seen anyone age so much in 15 years !

His wife seems to have several FB profiles...and lots of foreigner friends.

https://www.facebook...atuhila?........
    https://www.facebook...sucat.5?........
    https://www.facebook...7040090&........

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Another reason why you should register the children's births to their respective embassies and get their dual nationalities passports right away. It'll be less worry if things like these happen in the future.

I do hope they (especially the kids) will have something good in the end.
    Exactly.

And if you're going to be an irresponsible selfish idiot, at least leave your kids with SOMETHING.

Looks like the old boy has just had a heart attack.
    This is definitely something that age gap relationships should consider before deciding to have children IMO..
    Lots of old guy`s dying over here all the time..The much younger Mrs left to hold the fort with no benefits or pension.
    in this case it is suspected that the "Mrs" is a no hoper anyway which IMO means the kids are a lost tribe that will have to battle childhood together all alone.

Yes, I was about to post this story Fred, I,VE been following it from the start and I have sent a donation. It,s not a scam as you can see. If he doesn,t get to Aussie, then the poor boys will be screwed. Their mother is useless - she has 3 different facebook accounts chatting to different guys - mostly foreigners - she,s denied all the allegations against her, but all the evidence is there. The kids have not even got past Grade 2 at school.

Personally, I don,t think he,ll live much longer. His daughter in Aus has to watch all this unfold on facebook, she has no money to fly out here to be by his side .

Does he look like a bloody con artist in that state?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Exactly.

And if you're going to be an irresponsible selfish idiot, at least leave your kids with SOMETHING.
    Graham, you don,t know the full story m8. He gave her his bank card and allowance - 14k every 2 weeks - she sold land without his knowledge etc etc. His only crime is being stupid. At his age (74) he allowed his wife to run the finances and she blew the lot. He since found out that she pawned his bank card to borrow even more money. He just picked a bad apple.

All I can say is, you must make plans way into the future for yourself and your loved ones and make sure you have control of that spare cash for the "just in case ... "

Anyone bringing children into this world should be there to help their children grow into adults and, if possible, make a good future for them too. But this can happen all over the world, not just over there.

Just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    Does he look like a bloody con artist in that state?
    There was no picture of him lying in a hospital bed when I made that post or I wouldn't have said that, obviously.

There was no picture of him lying in a hospital bed when I made that post or I wouldn't have said that, obviously.
    Post #3 maybe you missed it

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Post #3 maybe you missed it
    The video took a while to watch, so that post of Fred's was probably sent during the time between me watching it and replying.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    Graham, you don,t know the full story m8. He gave her his bank card and allowance - 14k every 2 weeks - she sold land without his knowledge etc etc. His only crime is being stupid. At his age (74) he allowed his wife to run the finances and she blew the lot. He since found out that she pawned his bank card to borrow even more money. He just picked a bad apple.

Well, the fund has reached almost 4,000 dollars - which is halfway. The hospital want 68k pesos so far. It,s a very expensive hospital, judging by their prices, but the lady looking after him had to get him to the nearest hospital at the time of his heart attack to save him. Hopefully she can arrange for him to go to a cheaper place. She,s getting stressed out and wants his daughter to take charge of the money raised so far.

The video took a while to watch so that post of Fred's was probably sent during the time between me watching it and replying.
    , Jamie ... and I understand what you're saying, ... ... it's simply been one of those unforeseen overlaps which can so easily happen - at any time - on sites like these.

It sounds genuine in most respects. One problem I have is that he has 3 children from a previous marriage that he has lost contact with, why?

As a Father, I would never let that happen. Maybe he wants the kids with him to help with Benefit Claims, such as social housing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    It sounds genuine in most respects. One problem I have is that he has 3 children from a previous marriage that he has lost contact with, why?

As a Father, I would never let that happen. Maybe he wants the kids with him to help with Benefit Claims, such as social housing etc.
    Ok, from what I know, he lost touch with his kids after his divorce from his wife. The kids fell out with him for divorcing their mother - that is by most parts why they have lost contact. The daughter was delighted to have been contacted through facebook but not with the situation she has found him in in. The sons on the other hand have not tried to make contact for which they have their reasons. It,s not about benefits, it.s about giving the kids the best life he can before he dies because, if they are left in the Philippines, then they have no chance with very little family support - especially from the mother. Yes he has left it a bit late and has admitted he should have acted sooner to secure their passports and registration with the Aussie Government. Once they reach 18, they have an automatic right to live in Australia.

On a side note, his ex wife in Aussie has been in touch and is concerned about his health. She has,nt bad-mouthed him - quite the opposite in fact. She said he was a good father and provider.

I also saw this on Facebook. This is terrible!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Nice guy really!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    , Jamie ... and I understand what you're saying, ... ... it's simply been one of those unforeseen overlaps which can so easily happen - at any time - on sites like these.

Expats Association

Expats Association ~ Helping Australians abroad who find themselves in difficulty

Since our original post covering Mr Hartigan’s plight, Expats Association has been assisting the family in Australia and coordinating with Mr Hartigan’s daughter Tracey Sinclair and his wife Gina Depasucat with the assistance of Mayor Gwen Ecleo, Mayor Lacson of Bacolod City and Vice Mayor Rex Depasucat.
    Mr Hartigans’ condition worsened and was admitted to hospital where he suffered a heart attack, his condition is critical but stabilizing.
    In the meantime Mr Hartigan’s wife Gina is by her husbands side and is completing the forms for processing the Australian Citizenship papers of the children ready for Mr Hartigan to sign when he is well enough.
    In a heartwarming turn of events an Australian based in Newcastle, Mr Peter Chard has agreed to help the Hartigans with the cost of the plane tickets to Australia, Expats Association has put him in touch with the Family in Australia to help coordinate efforts.
    In order to help expedite the Hartigan families return to Australia, Vice Mayor Rex Depasucat has agreed to lobby the Philippine Department of Foreign with the aid of the Philippine League of Mayors to have emergency Philippine passports issued to the three youngest children, this will enable the Australian Embassy to issue emergency visa’s for the three youngest children and issue emergency travel documents for Mr Hartigan and the eldest son, who is already an Australian Citizen.
    Finally all credit goes to Ms Rose Eden who originally brought this issue to light and started the fund raising campaign. I am informed Rose’s fundraising efforts will be used to cover the medical expenses of Mr Hartigan and she is also working closely now with Tracey Sinclair, Gina Depasucat and Peter Chard in coordinating efforts for the speedy return of Mr Hartigan and his family to Australia.
    http://expats.org.au...artigan-update/

Expats Association

Expats Association ~ Helping Australians abroad who find themselves in difficulty

Since our original post covering Mr Hartigan’s plight, Expats Association has been assisting the family in Australia and coordinating with Mr Hartigan’s daughter Tracey Sinclair and his wife Gina Depasucat with the assistance of Mayor Gwen Ecleo, Mayor Lacson of Bacolod City and Vice Mayor Rex Depasucat.
    Mr Hartigans’ condition worsened and was admitted to hospital where he suffered a heart attack, his condition is critical but stabilizing.
    In the meantime Mr Hartigan’s wife Gina is by her husbands side and is completing the forms for processing the Australian Citizenship papers of the children ready for Mr Hartigan to sign when he is well enough.
    In a heartwarming turn of events an Australian based in Newcastle, Mr Peter Chard has agreed to help the Hartigans with the cost of the plane tickets to Australia, Expats Association has put him in touch with the Family in Australia to help coordinate efforts.
    In order to help expedite the Hartigan families return to Australia, Vice Mayor Rex Depasucat has agreed to lobby the Philippine Department of Foreign with the aid of the Philippine League of Mayors to have emergency Philippine passports issued to the three youngest children, this will enable the Australian Embassy to issue emergency visa’s for the three youngest children and issue emergency travel documents for Mr Hartigan and the eldest son, who is already an Australian Citizen.
    Finally all credit goes to Ms Rose Eden who originally brought this issue to light and started the fund raising campaign. I am informed Rose’s fundraising efforts will be used to cover the medical expenses of Mr Hartigan and she is also working closely now with Tracey Sinclair, Gina Depasucat and Peter Chard in coordinating efforts for the speedy return of Mr Hartigan and his family to Australia.
    http://expats.org.au...artigan-update/
    the hospital are charging 30k per day which I find incredible at that rate the 8000 dollars raised will be used up in 10 days of hospital stay ,now the senario what if he does not improve how are the hospital bills going to met ,he still has,nt been able to speak for a few days now.i see his ex is hovering about his bedside giving it crocodile tears too pretending to be worried about him .I hope he leaves her here and makes it back to aus with his kids she can then carry on her life chattin up other foreigners .If you go through all her facebook accounts you,ll know where i,m coming from.

Trusted Member
    Good that there are people prepared to help, but overall....what a mess.

Thread Information