Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Friendliness in the Philippines

Having visited over a dozen provinces in Luzon and the Visayas, I've noticed there's a notable difference in the friendliness of people depending on the area.

Personally, I would say Siquijor (Visayas) is by far the most friendliest place I've been to so far, followed by Bohol (Visayas) and Pangasinan (Luzon).

The least friendly would have to be Pampanga (Luzon), but that might be because of the local's thinking that all Westerner's are here because of the pokpoks of Angeles City . Actually, I found the girls on Fields Avenue to be the friendliest in Pampanga.

Negros Occidental (Visayas) as a whole wasn't too bad, but Sipalay City in the south-western corner had an uninviting atmosphere to it.

What's your take on the places you've been?

Respected Member
    Pampanga draws in all the "undesirables" from various provinces looking for easy pickings from whitey.

Poor street lighting and no evidence of any police presence makes it an ideal place for them.

That may be a factor, but there were quite a few 'non undesirables' such as those working in hotels and malls who were unfriendly.

More so in San Fernando than AC!

Thread Information