Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

UK Visitor Visa refused

Hi all... feel like ranting but I am controlling myself... ooooh bugger lets rant

When I was in Phils my Filipina girlfriend and I applied for a General Visitors Visa 3 - 6 Months for her to come stay with me in the UK.

As I am sponsoring her I supplied 6 Months wage slips, 6 months in credit bank statements, mortgage statement showing I am a house owner, a scanned copy of my passport and a sponsor letter from myself inviting her to stay with me.

Today she got the documents back with VISA UNCLASSIFIED and the refusal was that she has no bank account.

Off course she has no bank acc thats why I am sponsoring her!!!! For God's sake what is wrong with these people? Probably all degree educated without an ounce of common sense.

Grrrrrrrrr

After reading SimonH's post on a visa for his niece I am put off applying again.

Rant over

Whilst most of us here can readily sympathise with your predicament, please don't take this rejection too personally. ... I would hasten to assure you you're far from being alone in that respect. Indeed, it would be a fair estimate on my part, to say that some 90 percent of Visit Visa applicants are refused - Simon's niece's case being just one example. And, as you've read, he followed all the proper procedures to the letter!

Alas, this unfortunate state of affairs is nothing new; its been like that for years now - MAINLY because of the knock~on effect arising from the steadily increasing numbers of selfish foreign nationals (worldwide) who failed to return home when their visas expired.

Quote Originally Posted by DJB View Post
    Hi all... feel like ranting but I am controlling myself... ooooh bugger let's rant!

When I was in Phils my Filipina girlfriend and I applied for a General Visitors Visa 3 - 6 Months for her to come stay with me in the UK.

As I am sponsoring her I supplied 6 Months wage slips, 6 months in credit bank statements, mortgage statement showing I am a house owner, a scanned copy of my passport and a sponsor letter from myself inviting her to stay with me.

Today she got the documents back with VISA UNCLASSIFIED and the refusal was that she has no bank account.

Off course she has no bank acc thats why I am sponsoring her!!!! For God's sake what is wrong with these people? Probably all degree educated without an ounce of common sense.

Grrrrrrrrr

After reading SimonH's post on a visa for his niece I am put off applying again.

Rant over
    Hi DJB

It clearly states that the applicant should provide bank statements for the last 6months

https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-vis...u-must-provide

a current passport or other valid travel identification
    2 passport size colour photographs
    evidence that you can support yourself during your trip, eg bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months
    details of where you intend to stay and your travel plans - you shouldn’t pay for accommodation or travel until you get your visa.

..Even the guidelines for supporting documents requires (bank statements /bank book ; bank letter or balance certificate)

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._Documents.pdf

please note:
    The applicant needs to convince the ECO that she got finances and income and be able to support herself on her visit here in UK and she has compelling reason to return in PH ie long term job;propoerty or / and business.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Yeah your right i did see all that when when applying but i obviously got the wrong end of the stick in understanding the meaning off a sponsor.

Not to worry

Thanks

Thread Information