Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Volcanoes of the Philippines

The Philippines is rich in biodiversity. It has been blessed by nature with beautiful wonders to be proud of. Philippines is a country that has a bountiful of various volcanoes because it is located in the Pacific Ring of Fire. There are fifty-three volcanoes that can be found in the Philippines. Here are some lists of the different well known volcanoes that are found in the Philippines:
    North Luzon: Irava, Babuyan Claro, Didicas, Camiguin de Babuyanes
    Luzon Island: Bulusan, Pocdol Mountains, Malindig, Laguna, Mariveles, Natib, Pinatubo, Arayat, Amorong, Santo , Tomas, Patoc, Binuluan, Ambalatungan, Cagua, Makiling, San Pablo, Mayon, Masaraga, Malinao, Iriga, Panay, Taal, Labo, Banahaw
    Central Philippines: Biliran, Cancanajag, Maghanao, Silay, Mandalagan, Canlaon, Cabalian, Cuernos de Negros
    Sulu Islands: Jolo
    Mindanao: Paco, Hibok-hibok, Balatukan, Malindang, Kalatungan, Musuan, Ragang, Latuka, Makaturing, Leonard Range, Apo, Matumtum, Parker, Balut
    The government agency that is responsible in the monitoring of seismic activities in the Philippines is PHIVOLCS, which stands for Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology. They are the ones responsible for the monitoring and dissemination of updates regarding the volcanoes and seismic activities in the Philippines. As of 2012, PHIVOLCS listed twenty-three volcanoes as active volcanoes in the Philippines.
    Here is the list of the active volcanoes in the Philippines based on the PHIVOLCS list, volcanoes listed as.inactive.or.potentially active.could renew activity after long periods of dormancy just like .Mount Pinatubo.in 1991.
    Active Volcanoes:Ambalatungan Group, Babuyan Claro, Banahaw, Biliran, Bulusan, Cagua, Camiguin de Babuyanes, Didicas, Hibok-Hibok, Iraya, Iriga, Jolo Group, Kanlaon, Leonard Kniaseff, Makaturing, Matutum, Mayon, Musuan, Parker, Pinatubo, Ragang, San Pablo Volcanic Field, Smith, Taal, Unnamed volcano (Ibugos)
    The volcanoes in the Philippines are ranked as the most deadly and having the most casualties in the world. The most famous volcanoes that marked in the history of the natural disasters in the Philippines is the Taal and Mayon volcano.
    The most active volcano that is found in the Philippines is Mount Mayon. It already has erupted forty-seven times since 1616. It has resulted in a lot of casualties. Thousands of people were made homeless as a result of the eruptions. Two hundred years ago, it was on February 1, 1814, when the Mayon Volcano had its most destructive eruption. It resulted in one thousand two hundred casualties. The ruin of the church wherein the bell tower remains standing is a reminder and memorabilia of this disaster.
    http://filipinaroses.com/volcanoes-of-the-philippines/ | Philippines Volcanoes, Volcanoes, Volcanoes of the Philippines

I did the Pinatubo trek this year, you see pictures but to see it for real is breathtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by malolos View Post
    I did the Pinatubo trek this year, you see pictures but to see it for real is breathtaking.
    Can we see some?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Win2Win, how about you do the trek with me next year instead then you can see for yourself.

Win2Win, how about you do the trek with me next year instead then you can see for yourself.
    I'll be the one in the helicopter

Can I load pictures as I am restricted at the moment on this site.

Can I load pictures as I am restricted at the moment on this site.
    You can put them on Flickr and post the links. Free 1GB, and a great backup for photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I'll be the one in the helicopter
    Changed my avatar to Pinatubo

Thread Information