Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) Gman's Avatar

Question Visa support in Antipolo

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since my last post when I needed some advice about obtaining a passport for a friend in Antipolo. She had problems with getting ID, but, eventually we have managed to get the Passport sorted out and now she would like to get a Visa to visit the UK for 2-3 weeks for a holiday. Does anyone know of any reliable, trustworthy agencies or Travel Agents that can help her obtain a General Visitors visa? She lives in Antipolo City so near there if possible.

Many thanks

Gman

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    We don't usually recommend getting an agency to process any visa applications, unless the applicant won't have any time doing it herself. What agencies normally do is just to ask you to get the documents required and then just compile it and probably check if it's good to go. Also, doing things thru an agency won't guarantee having a successful application. I personally know someone who used an agency but was refused a visa, she paid quite a big amount to the agency. Everything will be based on all the documents you'd provide. Have a search here about visit visa processes and your friend can do it herself. Most of the members here do the application process themselves. What's important when it comes to visit visas is she can prove she has strong ties in the Philippines, i.e. job, properties, etc., to show that she'll be back and won't overstay in the UK.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Hi Raynaputi,

Thanks for your reply, I will look at all the information and support my friend as much as I can from here. However, her level of education, literacy, etc., means that I think she will need some help to organise a visa - hence my post.

Any further advice from other forum members would be appreciated.

Many thanks

G

Hi Gman,
    I don't know how much understanding you have about visit visa or about visa agencies.
    As a first step I'd suggest you spend some serious time reviewing the visit visa posts here in the forum.
    You'll gain a much better insight into the requirements and mechanics of visit visa's specifically and of the position and 'frame of reference' of UKVI Entry Clearance Officers.

Concerning 'agencies' I'd suggest you consider a UK based OISC registered Immigration Advisor

Do keep in mind that visit visa's are not subject to specific mandatory rules. More they are reliant on the discretion of the ECO and whether or not they believe that on the basis of probability the applicant has more reasons to return home than to overstay the visa expiry.
    No agency can actually conjure up the needed history, reasons or documentation. At best they can only request those details from the applicant and actually fill-out the form. They cannot advise on whether the evidence is good enough or not, that's only in the judgement of the ECO

Hope that helps and I wish you good luck

Terpe,

Thanks for the advice, I will certainly spend more time researching visa rules and tactics on this forum.

Is there a list of OISC registered advisers on this site or a link to such a list?

I am hoping to get the visa sorted out sooner rather than later so my friend can visit in November/ December once I get back from USA. If she likes it here and our relationship grows stronger then I am planning to visit her ( and importantly her extended family most of whom have now friended me on Facebook!) next year.

But I am sure when I take her around Scotland, from the Borders to the Highlands she will love this beautiful country as much as I do.

Thx again to everyone on the Forum for being so generous with your time and advice.

Gman

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    ....Is there a list of OISC registered advisers on this site or a link to such a list?
    Here you go - The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC)

Reasons to return home due to compelling ties differ from country to country, city to city, individual to individual. Some examples of ties can be a job, a house, a family, a bank account.
    These "ties" are the various aspects of life that really bind you to your country of residence such as possessions, employment, social, family and financial relationships.

Terpe,

Thanks for the quick reply, I have been reviewing the Forum posts on Visas and trying to learn from other people's experiences as you suggested. I will pass on all the information to my friend and hope she gets her visitor visa without too much hassle. If she makes it over for a couple of weeks holiday before Christmas I will let you know. Fingers crossed. Gman

Good luck to you both
    In many ways it's a bit of a lottery

Thread Information