Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Unhappy Help on Spousal Visa Application

Im just about to file my spousal visa application.. can anyone give me tips on how to organize it? someone told me i should use a expandable folder and label them... how do you arrange the pictures?

im getting really nervous now with my application i hope someone can help me..

i was already denied a visit visa before when i was with my fiancee in dubai travelling to see my sister.. we filed the visit visa there unfortunately was turned down bec they said they cant verify my records which was weird bec they said they do allow application over there..

please help me.. really need advise and support on this.. im really afraid of how it would turn out.. its really hard being apart

hi mhynne,

welcome to the forum..

i do understand how u feel right now..but ur queeries have been asked here before for so many times..u can use the search button here and u will find lots of information that will surely help u..

Good luck on ur application..

thanks kimmi.. yeah ive been trying to go over the posts one by one... theres a lot i must say hehehe =)

Welcome to the forum Mhynne,

There are more threads and posts here about your queries when you search and about 3 days ago I have also post about "Sorting of Visa Application documents" together with sis Kimmi and other members here. It might help.

Good Luck Mhynne.

Cinmickey28
    A relationship founded in GOD will last forever and will always compromise trust and happiness, as all good thoughts are derived from wisdom and faith,and trust .

Respected Member
    you filed a visa application in dubai and you were refused? you did it while travelling so id take it you were on a visit visa? you would definitely be denied as you need to have a resident visa stamped on your passport to be eligible to apply for a visa. thats probably requirement number one.

loads of threads here mhynne. if you follow the advice given should be no problems. i applied for mine in sept and i am now in the uk. most of the members here get their visa approved. have a look at all the threads and if you have further questions let us know. good luck!

thanks for all your response..

sis eula.. yes i was on visit visa.. it was just unfortunate bec we asked the embassy here about it first before applying and the person there said it is possible and that there shouldnt be any difference in the application whether it be here or there even if i am using a visit visa in dubai.. so i was given the wrong information sad to say =(

Respected Member
    strange that one. if you do not have the complete requirements they would not even let you in the embassy. remember the guard before you actually eneter the compound who would check your application form and all your supporting documents? you should have been turned away right there and then. if you knew the name of the person who supplied you wrong information you could have made a complaint but hey, its all over now. focus on your next application, dont let your first (and hopefully last) refusal affect your preparation! good luck!

Hi mhynne

there's a post of JAMZ recently regarding what she/her husband submitted to UKVacs just look for it .... her husband got the visa in 8 days after lodging it at UKvacs, although her hubby applied for dependant visa its still the same requirements as settlement visa.

hope that will help you and good luck

Respected Member
    Hi Mhynne,

One important thing that you have to bear in mind: PLEASE DO NOT CONFUSE YOURSELF WITH THE TYPE OF VISA APPLICATION FORM that you will be using, okay?

Ours is VAF-1 because I, as a Sponsor, am just a work permit holder and my family applied for the DEPENDANTS' VISA so we are told to use VAF-1.

If you would be applying for a SETTLEMENT VISA, I think it's VAF-2... PLease double check on the UK Website.

Prior to completion of the VAF-1, I emailed UKVAC to make sure 100% that I am using the right form because some applicants were denied just because they used the wrong type of form so I advice and suggest that in every action or choice you make, please observe FULL AWARENESS and KNOWLEDGE... I still considered e-mailing them and they sent me the list of the documents I need to submit that time. It may sound redundant but still I just made sure that I am holding the RIGHT information I need straight from them even though those are posted in their website.

"Makulit na kung makulit, basta sigurado!"

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mhynne View Post
    thanks for all your response..

sis eula.. yes i was on visit visa.. it was just unfortunate bec we asked the embassy here about it first before applying and the person there said it is possible and that there shouldnt be any difference in the application whether it be here or there even if i am using a visit visa in dubai.. so i was given the wrong information sad to say =(
    Hi,

Another situation we went through was my husband used to work in Dubai and we initially decided that he would just apply a UK VISA there in Dubai as my dependant but through a very intensive research, browsing and reading the UK website (I almost read all the announcements even the laws behind, hehe, but of course, they no longer remained in my mind), I found out that you should apply from your residence/home country when you would like to apply for dependants' visa and the like ( i forgot already other types of visa covered in here)...so my husband filed his resignation in Dubai and went back to the Philippines...

Lesson Learned: DO ALL YOUR BEST, EXHAUST ALL YOUR MEANS WHETHER IT'S BY MEAN OF RESEARCHING 24/7 just reading the UK website as it really gives you the information you would need. It is really worth reading... In fact, there was one time that one of the links in the website led me to situational examples - what factors affect ECOs' decision making - to grant or deny a VISA... there are situations like when someone present a history of bank statements or if one applies for a student visa, stuffs like that... there are pointers they follow...

So if you really are determined to win the battle by being granted the visa, efforts in our part in researching are a must...

thank sis jamz..

i have here a list of the things that i will submit.. can anyone tell me if this isalready ok?
    Visa Application
    Current Passport and prev passport, Visa fee, Passport size photo,
    Full copy of sponsors passport
    Mortgage document along with description of property - we just bought a house.. so we dont have a long list of mortgage payments.. is that ok?
    Evidence that sponsor can support me financially
    - 6 month bank statement
    - Letter from employer
    - Pay slips
    Letter of Support
    Evidence that Andy and me have remained in contact
    - Smart Pospaid phone bill
    - YM chat transcripts
    - Snail Mail
    - Emails
    - Skype Phone calls screenshots
    My birth Certificate
    Marriage contract and marriage certificate on NSO Security Paper
    Annulment and divorce papers
    Our daughters Birth Certificate
    Other Documents
    - Letter from Mom saying she will look after my daughter when i go
    - my daughters Enrollment certification
    - Andy’s Birth Certificate
    - Traveler’s Check Receipt - receipts of the money exchange he exchanges money when he comes
    - Bills in hotel we stayed in dubai
    - Tickets and Boarding passes
    - Condo in Eastwood’s papers - condo we bought under both our names
    - Bank statement (BPI and Chinabank)
    - Condo in Cityland papers - 2 condos my mother bought and put under me and my siblings names
    - My Transcript of records and Diploma
    - My Employment Certificate - i have an IT contractual job that i took that will end at dec 31.
    - Condo Bills
    - NBI Clearance
    - Previous UK Application - denial letter in dubai
    - Marriage License and CNI both from embassy and QC hall
    - Manila Bulletin feature - when our wedding got featured
    - Wedding Bills - receipts from wedding
    - Pictures with individual labels - pictures from when we were dating up til the wedding pictures..

am i missing anything?

Respected Member
    Hi Mhynne,

I was overwhelmed with your list of requirements... I assume you have the SIGNED CHECKLIST, once and for all... FRONT PAGE - CHECKLIST with the list of original documents you will be submitting.

I think it's enough...

If I were on your situation, I will make sure that the ECO will not think of anything that will possibly jeopardize your application when they deal with the following:

1. Letter from Mom saying she will look after my daughter when i go
    - JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE VERY CLEAR AND CONCISE IN LAYING THIS MATTER (ON YOUR MOM'S LETTER)... BUT BE CAREFUL IN DISCUSSING SO MUCH FOR I DO BELIEVE THAT WHEN YOU TALK LESS, YOU LESS COMMIT ERRORS...

2. My Employment Certificate - i have an IT contractual job that i took that will end at dec 31.
    - JUST MAKE SURE THAT THIS CONTRACT WILL NOT HINDER ANYTHING WITH REGARD TO YOUR VISA APPLICATION... I KNOW IT WON'T BE A BIG PROBLEM SINCE THE VISA PROCESSING IS REALLY A LONG WAIT ANDBY THE TIME THEY DECIDE, YOUR CONTACT IS OVER, UNLESS THE PROCESS IS REALLY QUICK...

3. Previous UK Application - denial letter in dubai
    - I ASSUME THIS LETTER INDICATES WHY YOU WERE DENIED BEFORE AND THE REASON MIGHT BE BECAUSE U WERE FED WITH MISLEADING INFO...

GOD BLESS U Mhynne...

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMZ View Post
    Hi,

Another situation we went through was my husband used to work in Dubai and we initially decided that he would just apply a UK VISA there in Dubai as my dependant but through a very intensive research, browsing and reading the UK website (I almost read all the announcements even the laws behind, hehe, but of course, they no longer remained in my mind), I found out that you should apply from your residence/home country when you would like to apply for dependants' visa and the like ( i forgot already other types of visa covered in here)...so my husband filed his resignation in Dubai and went back to the Philippines...

Lesson Learned: DO ALL YOUR BEST, EXHAUST ALL YOUR MEANS WHETHER IT'S BY MEAN OF RESEARCHING 24/7 just reading the UK website as it really gives you the information you would need. It is really worth reading... In fact, there was one time that one of the links in the website led me to situational examples - what factors affect ECOs' decision making - to grant or deny a VISA... there are situations like when someone present a history of bank statements or if one applies for a student visa, stuffs like that... there are pointers they follow...

So if you really are determined to win the battle by being granted the visa, efforts in our part in researching are a must...

Word

I remeber finding the ECO instruction manual to at the time and i think they had section f which related exactly to the spouse visa section.

can u guys share me the link if you could please? =)

Banned
    Hi mhynne sounds we are the same..i aplied before visitor visa it was denied luck of evidence...anyway..i applied settlement visa this month of april2008..2-3 days processing... so still waiting... i feel nervous and sad thinking about visa... very expensive...i hope my visa is ok... by the way sounds you have everything is complete...good luck!

Thread Information