Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Tory MP defects to UKIP

Thought I would post this seeing as neither Dedworth nor Simon has.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...yelection.html

Banned
    Good luck to the bloke I hope he wins the by election. He's got the balls to resign from office - unlike the trough feeding Labour career politician in S Yorks

I hope he wins as well . He's abandoning ship for the right reasons . Pity you can't see through Cameron and his cronies like the the rest of us can. As for Mrs May I would want to get away from her as well.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    I hope he wins as well . He's abandoning ship for the right reasons . Pity you can't see through Cameron and his cronies like the the rest of us can. As for Mrs May I would want to get away from her as well.
    Well, the great British public don't trust Cameron

This morning’s YouGov poll for the Sun has topline figures of CON 33%, LAB 37%, LDEM 8%, UKIP 13%

Les, when do your tea leaves predict the Cons will be in the lead? I've been waiting since Budget Day!
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Yes Joe, reading the comments that people wrote in the Mail, it's worrying times for them.

Respected Member
    This is great news!

They'll split the right wing vote and neither will get elected!

UKIP will take at least 8 seats from the Tories.

Trusted Member
    Another sensible chap.

Les, when do your tea leaves predict the Cons will be in the lead? I've been waiting since Budget Day
    Much closer to polling day - it will be another coalition government. Tory/UKIP would be good for the country.

CON 33%, LAB 37%
    Even taking UKIP into account Labours lead is dropping faster than a whore's knickers

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Even taking UKIP into account Labours lead is dropping faster than a whore's knickers
    Why? What was it before, Les?

Can you post some where the Tories were in front, Les?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I'm talking about Labour's lead plummeting not the Tories - and you should know the party in government never leads in the opinion polls

Good to see an MP having the balls to do the right thing for a change, instead of grovelling to those above him.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Good to see an MP having the balls to do the right thing for a change, instead of grovelling to those above him.
    Yep good on him

Trusted Member
    I see Jeremy Vine and his biased Beeb radio show are trying to wind up UKIP and put their slant on this right now.

I am not interested in the opinion of the bloody BBC !

Like many like~minded souls ... I voted UKIP at the European Elections in May because of its commitment to taking out of the EEC.

Having since heard rumours that its Deputy Leader, Paul Nuttal is in favour of NHS privatisation, however ... I've quickly changed my tune!

So ... ... on that basis ... I hope Tory defector, Douglas Carswell loses at the by-election in October.

A lot of the NHS has already been privatised due to Tory policy Arthur. My dad just had a new lens put in his eye in a private hospital, care of the NHS. This is now commonplace for thousands every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    A lot of the NHS has already been privatised due to Tory policy Arthur. My dad just had a new lens put in his eye in a private hospital, care of the NHS. This is now commonplace for thousands every day.
    I wonder what they charged the NHS for that, and how much it would have cost the local hospital to do it, I don't know of any private hospitals that are not for profit

All parties know the NHS as it stands cannot go on, all parties know deep down it has to change, be privatised with all but the poorest having to buy medical insurance for one suggestion - but all parties know whoever is the one to make this move, will be committing political suicide.

I'm just glad I don't have to make that decision, I'd make a rotten politician anyway, because I listen to people, I actually like most people I meet, I live in not the best area of town, and I know what it's like for workers to struggle day by day.
    I'm very out of touch with the political elite

By the way, it's not necessarily my political view, but what I really REALLY don't get, is why UKIP and the Tories are fighting each other.
    UKIP want out of the EU. The Tories have promised a referendum on this - it might not go the way UKIP want, but the people will decide (If the Tories keep their promise, and be serious - it would at this stage be very difficult for them to go back on this as they've bleated on about it so much)

The LibDems and Labour are dead against any referendum. All research seems to suggest the Tories lose more votes to UKIP in target seats (Not across the country, Labour lose almost as many votes, but it's target seats which matter). What is likely is the Tories failing to take target seats due to UKIP, letting in Labour who will refuse to allow a referendum.

Political bias aside, the Tories have always seemed to be the worst party for fighting for personal gain, and go hang the consequential damage to the party as a whole.

One of the few things I could say was good about Tony Blair, he managed to stop Labour airing their dirty laundry, and knowing some local Labour members, there was an awful lot of that. He was hated, but they kept it behind closed doors.

Don't forget Cameron is Pro Europe, also UKIP have taken votes from Labour and the Libs, but I think you're right, they've taken more votes off the Tories.

Trusted Member
    There is no way that any of our major political parties will be having a referendum on Europe within the next 5 years.

You may quote me on that after the next General Election.

UKIP won't join up with the Tories because of Cameron's insults towards them. Besides, the Tories DO NOT want to come out of Europe. Yes, they will give you a referendum, but they will play the scare tactics card so that people will vote to stay in. On the NHS subject, I disagree. I think it doesn't need privatising, it just needs changes to the management. Too many getting too much money. And look after our own instead of giving the illegals treatment for free.

Yes they will give you a referendum
    Thank you for that Quote - that's all we want- a choice unlike Labour.
    Scare tactics are irrelevant - it's like with the Scots now, they won't leave coz of financial loss.

The Tories will say we will be worse off - that may be true - but I want out and at least I can vote that.

UKIP......... Tory extremists

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Thank you for that Quote - that's all we want -a choice unlike Labour.

Scare tactics are irrelevant - it's like with the Scots now, they wont leave coz of financial loss.

The Tories will say we will be worse off - that may be true - but I want out and at least I can vote that.
    You'll not get a referendum until Cameron has tried to fix the problems with the EU first, he's already been told that not much will change, so how long is going to try and 'fix' it for?

He would try to negotiate better terms - he will get a few crumbs and then ask us what we want to do - that's all I ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    UKIP......... Tory extremists
    UKIP/Tory Alliance I like the sound of - no extremism but certain things would get sorted.

Cameron faces Ukip by-election bloodbath: Party set to win first Commons seat after shock poll reveals Farage's staggering 44-point lead over the Tories

More here:-
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ad-Tories.html

The Tories have only promised a vote, they have not said that they will abide by it. What will happen is what happened in Ireland a few years ago, that is Cameron's plan.

You get a vote, it is NO. We stay in the EU anyway, but Cameron uses the vote to negotiate. He gets some concessions, and we all vote again. If it's a NO, more concessions, and another vote. Until, like the Irish, we get fed up and vote YES. Cameron has no intention of leaving the EU, and never will. I'm saying that as a Tory voter last time. If you want a definite OUT, then the only option is UKIP. They'll get into power, so again, we will remain in the EU.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information