Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Heart attack on a plate £1.50 @ Dundee Ninewells Hospital

A “fry-up” pie should be banned from a hospital canteen, says a food expert.

The £1.50 “heart attack on a plate” is crammed with bacon, sausage, black pudding and beans, with an egg on top.

It is being sold at Ninewells Hospital in Dundee, where doctors fight to save stroke and heart attack victims.

Prof Mike Lean, former government adviser, and chair of human nutrition at Glasgow University, said it was a “shocking” example of a meal, adding: “It should never be anywhere near a hospital. It is laden with fat, salt and without a vegetable in sight. There should be strict guidelines for all food sold in hospitals.”

The “fry-up pie” is on sale at the take-away counter of a shop within the hospital. A spokesman for NHS Tayside said: “There are a wide range of meals, snacks and drinks available for the public and staff to choose from. These include healthy breakfast options such as fresh orange juice, low-fat yoghurts and fresh fruit.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...n-a-plate.html

Looks revolting

Beggars belief

We were at Wexham Park hospital in Slough when Charleigh was born, and I mentioned to 3 or 4 members of staff there that the only food available to visitors was from the vending machines. Chocolate bars, crisps, fizzy drinks etc the healthiest thing available was a chocolate covered muesli bar
    Suppose if I wanted to give myself a heart attack then I was in the right place

Forget the food. The cost to park your vehicle in the car park is enough to bring on a heart attack.

Thread Information