Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: My Online Bride

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar

My Online Bride

So out of nowhere I got curious and watched this 'My Online Bride from 40D', it was me and bf who watched it together.

Three British men were featured on the show.

First is a 40/50 year old single dad who flew to Bangkok looking for a wife. He joined this group of British men who organised social party stuff and then he met this Thai lady. She looks okay and they got along well though you would see the obvious language barrier. Everything was good till the day he met her family.

The girl's sister showed him a pen, paper and calculator, asking him to pay them for the girl (Dowry). As the man narrating it, he said that he didn't even say goodbye and just walked out.

Following day, he broke up with the girl, saying he cannot stay in that kind of relationship.

Second guy is from Wales, 26 years old, Mike. He signed up to a marriage site where he can choose whoever he wants to marry. He chose a lovely girl from Kiev Ukraine and flew there to meet her personally. Again, a language barrier, but they got along well. One of the rules of that marriage site is not to sleep with the girl, but the guy broke the rule and surprisingly, he wanted to look for another bride. The Site Administrator asked him what was wrong with the first girl and he just said everything happened quickly and he didn't like that. Which made the administrator disappointed and mad at him. He went speed dating with Russian Girls and some of them didn't like him, some did -but they cannot understand each other. Now he's wondering if he should go back to his first option.--- what a .... he's not even good looking!

Another one is a Thai lady who is about to get married to a British postman. Their marriage has no ceremony - just a piece of paper - and, after few minutes, they're already married.

The girl has a 12 year old son and the girl was asked if she loved her husband and she said, at first she just needed money and didn't love him, but eventually she learnt to love him.

So it was shown on the show, until her arrival in England, she left her son for a year - maybe because her husband cannot afford to get him yet - so when she arrived in England, she was surprised that the man lived in a messy house. And the man pointed her towards the cabinet of dishwashing liquid and toilet bowl cleaners referring to what was to be her room. And then the girl started washing the plates and cleaning his house. --lol

Watching that show made me and my fiance realise even more, how lucky we are.

After watching.. he said: "From now on, you will be my slave", and I replied: "Slave your face!"

Trusted Member
    Why don't these fools just do some basic research online ?

There really is no excuse now, with everything that is available on the internet.

You may also like to watch this great little movie...made around the time I first went to the Phils in search of my 'Filipina Dreamgirl'. No internet then, so everything a bit more 'sketchy'.

This British movie is split into several parts on youtube (about 10), so I'll just start you off with the first part....made around 1989.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Wow, looks harder than what we have now, but you cannot really hide the natural beauty of filipina back then!

Downloading off Sky - will have to watch this!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Reminds me of the time I first met my ex, all the Filipina were nice and skinny then and that's how we communicated (pen & paper) it was exciting waiting for the postman every day. It was much easier to bring your wife or girlfriend to the UK then!

Enjoyed it, the farmer type boy was nuts, that girl was gorgeous.
    The Thai girl who moved over here seemed lovely too

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Reminds me of the time I first met my ex, all the Filipina were nice and skinny then and that's how we communicated (pen & paper) it was exciting waiting for the postman every day. It was much easier to bring your wife or girlfriend to the UK then!
    Likewise.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    So out of nowhere I got curious and watched this 'My Online Bride from 40D', it was me and bf who watched it together.

Three British men were featured on the show.

First is a 40/50 year old single dad who flew to Bangkok looking for a wife. He joined this group of British men who organised social party stuff and then he met this Thai lady. She looks okay and they got along well though you would see the obvious language barrier. Everything was good till the day he met her family.

The girl's sister showed him a pen, paper and calculator, asking him to pay them for the girl (Dowry). As the man narrating it, he said that he didn't even say goodbye and just walked out.

Following day, he broke up with the girl, saying he cannot stay in that kind of relationship.

Second guy is from Wales, 26 years old, Mike. He signed up to a marriage site where he can choose whoever he wants to marry. He chose a lovely girl from Kiev Ukraine and flew there to meet her personally. Again, a language barrier, but they got along well. One of the rules of that marriage site is not to sleep with the girl, but the guy broke the rule and surprisingly, he wanted to look for another bride. The Site Administrator asked him what was wrong with the first girl and he just said everything happened quickly and he didn't like that. Which made the administrator disappointed and mad at him. He went speed dating with Russian Girls and some of them didn't like him, some did -but they cannot understand each other. Now he's wondering if he should go back to his first option.--- what a .... he's not even good looking!

Another one is a Thai lady who is about to get married to a British postman. Their marriage has no ceremony - just a piece of paper - and, after few minutes, they're already married.

The girl has a 12 year old son and the girl was asked if she loved her husband and she said, at first she just needed money and didn't love him, but eventually she learnt to love him.

So it was shown on the show, until her arrival in England, she left her son for a year - maybe because her husband cannot afford to get him yet - so when she arrived in England, she was surprised that the man lived in a messy house. And the man pointed her towards the cabinet of dishwashing liquid and toilet bowl cleaners referring to what was to be her room. And then the girl started washing the plates and cleaning his house. --lol

Watching that show made me and my fiance realise even more, how lucky we are.

After watching.. he said: "From now on, you will be my slave", and I replied: "Slave your face!"
    Watched it myself Jen and really enjoyed it...

You"re right about the guy who wasn't good looking - seemed a bit of a shy virgin type...

Maybe he never had much luck here so thought he was up and beyond these girls from the Ukraine and fancied himself more...

On the serious side, I met a Thai girl online before Jamie came along and yes - you've guessed it - a mention of a dowry came along. Even though I really liked her, the $20,000 US dollars somewhat put me off, even though reduced to half that further along, I thought WTF...

Been there done that and here now. Would I do it again? Yes, I damm well would, the best days of my life...

Banned
    Thanks for the reminder about Filipina Dreamgirl Graham - one of my favourites. I'll have a look at it again soon on our new Samsung Stratosmart TV

Trusted Member

Show-off !

It will look crap on a HD tv, as it's only VHS quality lol. Are you getting 4k tv Dedworth?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    It will look crap on a HD tv, as it's only VHS quality lol. Are you getting 4k tv Dedworth?
    I remember it being crap quality on YouTube so you're right Les. Its a Samsung Smart TV £500 odd. I've just bought a Chromecast to stream to it £20 Currys I'll put the details on the recommendations topic

I'm buying a new 4k after Chrismas because my AV amp is 4k!

Great show... just a shame it was only 1 episode.

Thanks for posting about 'Filipina Dreamgirls', I am watching this now!

I'm buying a new 4k after Chrismas because my AV amp is 4k!
    Let us know what it's like when you get it

Trusted Member
    ....and there's Michael normally giving us the impression that he lives in a Pre-fab with water from the well and gas lighting.

Banned
    The Thai girl who moved over here seemed lovely too
    Watched it last night - she had a tramp stamp on her back just below shoulder level. Also commented as soon as she was in the house about lack of TV in bedroom. Her place in the boondocks where she left her mum and son was equipped to a very high standard - I wonder if Postman Sam was the only one bunging her £200 a month

Trusted Member
    Indeed Dedworth...often a lot more going on in some of these young ladies' lives than people (including partners) realise.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Watched it last night - she had a tramp stamp on her back just below shoulder level. Also commented as soon as she was in the house about lack of TV in bedroom. Her place in the boondocks where she left her mum and son was equipped to a very high standard - I wonder if Postman Sam was the only one bunging her £200 a month
    I would ask the same to Keith if we don't have a TV in the bedroom.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    ....and there's Michael normally giving us the impression that he lives in a Pre-fab with water from the well and gas lighting.
    I know how to budget Graham, I always save until I can afford it!

Let us know what it's like when you get it
    Will do Les!

Trusted Member
    I know how to budget Graham, I always save until I can afford it!
    Yes I know mate...and good on you.

You sure you weren't born in Yorkshire ?

Thread Information