Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Lightbulb Philippines market now open to beef, sheep meat and pigmeat from Ireland

An agreement has been reached this week with the Philippines that will allow for the importation of beef, sheep meat and pigmeat from Ireland.

The agreement was concluded by the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine and the Department of Agriculture of the Philippines following a successful systems audit inspection visit to Ireland by a veterinary delegation from the Philippines.

Under the agreement 43 Irish beef processing establishments have been accredited to export to the Philippines until 23 August 2015, with a further 39 pig processing establishments and 29 sheep processing establishments. Veterinary health certificates have also been agreed for beef, pigmeat and sheep meat between the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine and the Department of Agriculture of the Republic of the Philippines.

“I am firmly of the view that it is vital that Irish companies have access to as many markets worldwide as possible and my Department and I will continue to work closely with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and Bord Bia to this end,” said Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine Simon Coveney.

The Minister said the Philippines is a key market in south east Asia and that there are good prospects for Irish meat exports both in the short term and in the long term. He said there the decision of the Filipino authorities may also have a positive effect on Ireland’s efforts to gain access to other markets in the region.

Source

How about UK ?

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Could be horse meat!

Philippines beef deal offers opportunities for Irish food firms

Burgeoning Asian appetites for meat provide a major opportunity for countries such as Ireland that have a strong focus on food exports. Incomes are rising strongly around the region and the possibilities are enormous.

Any signs of greater access to countries in the region is a positive one for Ireland’s efforts to boost sales, and leaders have welcomed a decision by the Philippines to allow for the importation of beef, sheep meat and pig meat from Ireland.

Under a recent deal, a total of 43 Irish beef-processing establishments have been accredited to export to the Philippines until August 23rd next year, with a further 39 pig-processing establishments and 29 sheep-processing establishments.

The Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine said in a statement that veterinary health certificates have also been agreed for beef, pig meat and sheep meat between it and the department of agriculture of the Philippines.

Minister Simon Coveney welcomed the agreement, which followed a successful systems audit inspection visit to Ireland by a veterinary delegation from the Philippines.

“I am firmly of the view that it is vital that Irish companies have access to as many markets worldwide as possible and my department and I will continue to work closely with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and Bord Bia to this end,” said Mr Coveney.

The Philippines is a key market in southeast Asia and there are good prospects for Irish meat exports both in the short term and in the long term, he said.

And there were encouraging signs that the decision by the Filipino authorities would have a positive effect on Irish efforts to gain access to other markets in the region, he said.

Source

Banned
    I wonder if the Irish will be shipping any horsemeat quarterpounders

Thread Information