Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Harrogate taxi driver murders man

Think it was Sunday - just getting more details!

Sound a bit risky these Harrogate taxi drivers

Trusted Member
    Blimey, I was just about to ask if you had wi-fi in Armley jail.

The murderer is Turkish!

Trusted Member
    Minicab man ?

I wonder if he had any previous.

No he was Taxi Driver not private hire, and yes Graham we understand he had some knife crime conviction but sketchy at moment.

We told the Council to do better checks on all the Asians coming from Bradford but do they listen

Most of 'em come through to work in Harrogate on an Evening-you would not recognize the Rank in Harrogate now Graham.

None of 'em know where anywhere is

Saw the headlines and thought of you Les

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    No he was Taxi Driver not private hire,and yes Graham we understand he had some knife crime conviction but sketchy at moment.

We told the Council to do better checks on all the Asians coming from Bradford but do they listen

Most of 'em come through to work in Harrogate on an Evening-you would not recognize the Rank in Harrogate now Graham.

None of 'em know where anywhere is
    Mate, I suspected as much.

Somebody in the council needs to be for the high jump.

This is a public safety issue, and something that was supposedly sorted out (certainly in York) years ago.

Strict criminal record and background checks.

Damned disgraceful !

Banned
    Turkish - could be an illegal immigrant ?

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Shocking news Les!

If I were the victim's family I would be suing the council for failing to do a background check. Nobody should be able to slip through the net in my view, too many nutters out there.

He may have got through a basic check Tiger, but again, it's well known how hot headed Turks are and most carry knives routinely back home

The trouble is people are up in arms against profiling - I think it has its merits.

He may have got through a basic check Tiger, but again, it's well known how hot headed Turks are and most carry knives routinely back home
    Never carried a knife but did have pepper spray with me. Never had to use it in 15 years. Only drama I had in all that time was a guy throwing a plastic pint of lager at my windscreen but it didn,t damage it. lol

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    I if I were victims family I would be suing the council for failing to do a background check Nobody should be able to slip through the net in my view, too many nutters out there .
    Quite right mate.

His family are entitled to compensation.

There is simply no excuse for permitting anyone with blemishes on their character ...or even doubts about, to be given this responsibility.

There are thousands of unemployed honest British citizens with fully-checkable histories available to do such work.

IMO, it is only good sense to demand that applicants for taxi work need to have been resident in this country for at least 3 years, have been driving throughout that period, and able to demonstrate an above-average knowledge of the geography of the area in which they are wanting to work.

All of their driving documents should also be thoroughly checked and matched.

How many times do we see drivers either without a full licence, borrowing somebody else's, passing a test sat by somebody else, etc. This in itself means they have no valid insurance either.

Time to stop pussy-footing around .

Racist lol

Just heard on the news a Muslim Islamist group is trying to wipe out a rare Christian sect in Afghanistan.

Nice people Islamists. Yet more proof of the intention of Islamists.

Banned
    Yet another lump of faeces allowed into our country

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Quite right mate.

His family are entitled to compensation.

There is simply no excuse for permitting anyone with blemishes on their character ...or even doubts about, to be given this responsibility.

There are thousands of unemployed honest British citizens with fully-checkable histories available to do such work.

IMO, it is only good sense to demand that applicants for taxi work need to have been resident in this country for at least 3 years, have been driving throughout that period, and able to demonstrate an above-average knowledge of the geography of the area in which they are wanting to work.

All of their driving documents should also be thoroughly checked and matched.

How many times do we see drivers either without a full licence, borrowing somebody else's, passing a test sat by somebody else, etc. This in itself means they have no valid insurance either.

Time to stop pussy-footing around .
    They get away with not knowing where to go by using sat navs. How can a council check a driver,s criminal record if they have just landed recently on our shores? London cab drivers have to do the knowledge over a 2 year period to get their licence. Whereas an Afghan can jump in a minicab without a test and off he goes. Makes a mockery of the licence system really and puts the public in great danger.

Trusted Member
    Just heard on the news a Muslim Islamist group is trying to wipe out a rare Christian sect in Afghanistan.

Nice people Islamists. Yet more proof of the intention of Islamists.
    Plus all those 1,000s of Christians who have fled to the mountains in Iraq because they don't want to change their religion...sleeping outside with hardly any food or water...old and young.

Watching the report on the world news, I felt a lot of compassion for them, just as I do for the innocent Palestinians.

We're talking about Hackney Carriage not PV, what happens is they all come over from Bradford to apply for a Harrogate taxi badge. Their 'Brothers' have a prepared list of likely points the inspector will ask them to drive to. (which used to be 2 supermarkets, the hospital and Library).

Piece of piss - we have long said it needs to be a minimum of 20 roads and streets including some lesser known ones.

Every single one of them has their Sat Nav on windscreen once they are working (mine is in Glove compartment with a flat battery normally )

They often ask the customer for Directions.

Of course, you've guessed it, if anyone of us infidels try to mention things we are of course Racist

I'm maybe thinking of declaring myself Racist officially then at least I don't have to keep making excuses for seeing my way of life ....ed up by these low life scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Plus all those 1,000s of Christians who have fled to the mountains in Iraq because they don't want to change their religion...sleeping outside with hardly any food or water...old and young.

Watching the report on the world news, I felt a lot of compassion for them, just as I do for the innocent Palestinians.
    Same ones that I mentioned Graham - was not sure how many

More grisley details (this is all alleged for legal purposes)

So the taxi driver suspected his wife of having an affair for a while, he got hold of her phone and set it up so on his phone he could see her location at any time.

So this woman went to pick her lover up from Knaresborough, and drove off into the countryside.

Meanwhile, taxi driver watched on his phone - left his 2 kids, grabbed a carving knife - drove out to where they were and stabbed the victim in the neck

He then drove over to Manchester to possibly catch a flight back to Turkey, but for some reason handed himself in.

His wife was going to leave him (a well to do solicitor) as he gambled most of their money.

So now he will be going down - possibly for a crime of passion. He left 1 guy dead, wife traumatized as she was in the car while the guy was bleeding to death - his own 2 young kids with banged up father.

Banned
    rope

Trusted Member
    He'll be out in 5 years.

Thread Information