Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Sending documents to Philippines

Around the end of September I need to send Harlene a package containing the last of the documents required for the Spouse visa as she is due to get the TB test results first week in October. I have to wait until the end of September as I need to include that months payslip which I won't get until around the 27th September.

Has anyone here sent Paperwork to Philippines, if so who did you use. Apart from DHL and Fed Ex, I can't think of any others.... I am leaning toward DHL as I deal with both Fed Ex and DHL at work and I find Fed Ex stuff tends to "hang around" due to delays. Where as DHL have several dedicated flights for their cargo and it tends not to get delayed.

I have a rough quote for a A4 sized package weighing at 3kg for £60, but until I do the package I wont know the weight or true size yet. Plus they say 2-3 days delivery which is good.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Hiya Slip,

DHL deffo the way to go as I sent the docs to the them for my wifes spouse visa, she had them in 5 days.

Also just last week her family sent docs to us in the UK from the Phils, sent on Friday delivered Monday 3 days...wow...

Yes sometimes a little more expensive but defo worth it as it is so important especially in your situation...

Newbie (Restricted Access) Eillythiea's Avatar
    My solicitor sent my documents through DHL. It will be easy for you to contact them. When my husband sent me documents through Parcelforce I got frustrated. It took 15 days for me to receive it, and it was hard to find someone to contact from here. Even their website is crap.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Hiya Slip,

DHL deffo the way to go as I sent the docs to the them for my wifes spouse visa, she had them in 5 days.

Also just last week her family sent docs to us in the UK from the Phils, sent on Friday delivered Monday 3 days...wow...

Yes sometimes a little more expensive but defo worth it as it is so important especially in your situation...
    Keith has sent his docs via DHL too and they arrived after exactly 3 days at my doorstep.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

I always used these people when I sent my docs

http://www.interparcel.com

I have sent documents to the Philippines twice with them and also to send items in the UK. They use DHL and the other main shippers but their cost was much cheaper than going direct.
    As life is to live so love is to give

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alanp View Post
    I always used these people when I sent my docs

http://www.interparcel.com

I have sent documents to the Philippines twice with them and also to send items in the UK. They use DHL and the other main shippers but their cost was much cheaper than going direct.
    Good advice - these online brokers often do far better rates than going direct to the well known carriers they use

try

parcel2go.com & parcelhero.com

I sent documents also so be careful not to pay twice.

Don't put a value on your documents or the Phillippines customs will charge for paper that has no value whatsoever. This happened to us

I think my wife had to pay 3000 pesos to customs

They are so corupt

Be careful!

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Good advice - these online brokers often do far better rates than going direct to the well known carriers they use

try

parcel2go.com & parcelhero.com
    I 'd like to know how good they are at sorting out issues when things do not go according to plan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I 'd like to know how good they are at sorting out issues when things do not go according to plan

They're pretty good as I think they have a reasonable bit of clout with the carriers. I've never sent to the Far East but products shipped to places such as Holland, Ireland, Sweden, Belgium have gone with Fedex, UPS & DHL

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    They're pretty good as I think they have a reasonable bit of clout with the carriers. I've never sent to the Far East but products shipped to places such as Holland, Ireland, Sweden, Belgium have gone with Fedex, UPS & DHL
    We're all influenced by our experience Dedworth and mine was not good.
    I'm happier spending a bit extra direct with DHL to avoid the problems I had.
    If timing is a key factor DHL resolve much better IMO

Thanks for all the replies...

I actually don't like dealing with third parties. When I book flights I always book on the airlines website and book via them.

Same here... Looks like it will be with DHL

Thread Information