Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Is it true? Can your family or friend in the UK apply for your visa?

Hi

I just want to confirm as a couple of my colleagues have already mentioned this to me.

Can my boyfriend apply a visa for me?

He'll be visiting me this month for my birthday. I'm also planning to visit him in England for his birthday next year.

But he suddenly asked me to visit this December so I can finally meet his family in person. I told him it would be difficult for me to get a tourist visa in time for the holidays because the money in my accounts are not yet enough to prove the UKBA I have sufficient funds for my travel to England. I still need more time to build my savings accounts.
    With that, he volunteered to pay for my flights. But the working class girl in me refused so as compromise, we ended up agreeing to split the airfare. He has started working on the invitation letter and other documents for the sponsorship of the trip as well.

Though I haven’t told my colleagues yet of our plans, they already told me to tell my boyfriend to apply for my visa in England and that I just need to send him the documents he’ll need for the visa application. They said it’s easier than me doing it here because I’ll surely be denied.

So now I’m confirming if this is true because I didn’t know that is possible.

Thanks.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    No, you've got to apply for your visa in the Philippines. Applying a visa consist of submitting your docus, biometrics where fingerprints and photo of you are going to be taken electronically which your bf cant do that.

He can be your sponsor on your holiday to England, YES but he needs to prove that he is financially stable to support you whilst your in the UK, accommodate you while your here. To prove that, he needs to submit documentation that shows his financial capacity like bank statements, letter from work, payslips etc. For the accommodation, landlord letter or letter from the solicitor confirming that they are holding the deeds for his property.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleMisada View Post
    Hi

Can my boyfriend apply a visa for me?

tell my boyfriend to apply for my visa in England and that I just need to send him the documents he’ll need for the visa application.
    No, you need to apply the general visit visa in the country you are in.

You have to be able to accommodate yourself on your visit to England, planned itinerary and the reason to come back to your original country of residence.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Financials to fund the visit can be from you or from your UK sponsor or jointly.
    The other key is for you to convince the ECO that you have no immigration intent and have strong ties and reasons to return home rather than stay in UK

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Like what the others said, you have to apply for your own visa. Your friends might have mistaken it with visas in the Middle East, where the sponsors can apply the visas for their relatives.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

many thanks for confirming!

I guess I'm gonna sue my colleagues and even the in-house travel agency our company hired to arranged our business and personal travels.

They all said my boyfriend can process the visa for me and I'll just be given the date when I will submit my passport and have my biometrics.

Thread Information