Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: NBI clearance

NBI clearance

Just wondering if anyone else on here has ever been asked to obtain NBI clearance from the Phil Embassy in London. There are details on the website but its not very clear.

As part of the process of adopting my step daughter we have to provide NBI clearance for my wife (apparently).

Looks like a trip up to London so would like to know any details if anyone else has done it.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    I haven't done it before at the Embassy in London but it is always good to give them a ring first before going down there as the website information differs from the what the staffs require you to submit to them. On that case, you will have the documents that's needed and nothing will be left behind. Prepare 20ps in case you need to photocopy something. Their machine only accepts 20p coins.

OK so we attended the Philippine Embassy yesterday to do the necessary for NBI clearance after having phoned in advance. The instructions on the website are oiut of date.

So we took:-
    A ball point pen (absolutely essential as nobody seems to have one)
    Photocopy of passport
    1 passport size photo
    Fee for the NBI clearance (£18)
    Pre paid special delivery envelope from the post office so authorised documents can be posted to you

My wife was told of two options as once you get the documents back from the Phil embassy in London (fingerprint card), you send it on to a relative or friend in the philippines to get it processed at the NBI office in the Philippines. 1). Phone the NBI in the Philippines to tell them your relative will be bringing your NBI clearance on your behalf, or 2) complete a "special power of attorney" form at the phil embassy London giving your friend or relative the power to obtain your NBI clearance on your behalf. You will need to photocopy this form or complete another copy. Take small change for the photocopier. For the SPA approval you need your relative or friends name and address details and need to pay an additional £18. The authorised form can be returned to you in the prepaid envelope already supplied for the fingerprint card.

The queues at the embassy are slow moving and it all seems a bit chaotic so be prepared for a long wait. It pays to get there early.

After getting all the forms completed and paying the fees, my wifes fingerprints were taken. Now we are just waiting to receive the authorised documents to send on to the Philippines which she was told would be in about 3 working days.

I will update this thread as we progress the NBI clearance and actually get the documents back from the Philippines.

Thanks for the good work.
    Interesting and useful

Thanks for the good work.
    Interesting and useful

Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post
    OK so we attended the Philippine Embassy yesterday to do the necessary for NBI clearance after having phoned in advance. The instructions on the website are oiut of date.

So we took:-
    A ball point pen (absolutely essential as nobody seems to have one)
    Photocopy of passport
    1 passport size photo
    Fee for the NBI clearance (£18)
    Pre paid special delivery envelope from the post office so authorised documents can be posted to you

My wife was told of two options as once you get the documents back from the Phil embassy in London (fingerprint card), you send it on to a relative or friend in the philippines to get it processed at the NBI office in the Philippines. 1). Phone the NBI in the Philippines to tell them your relative will be bringing your NBI clearance on your behalf, or 2) complete a "special power of attorney" form at the phil embassy London giving your friend or relative the power to obtain your NBI clearance on your behalf. You will need to photocopy this form or complete another copy. Take small change for the photocopier. For the SPA approval you need your relative or friends name and address details and need to pay an additional £18. The authorised form can be returned to you in the prepaid envelope already supplied for the fingerprint card.

The queues at the embassy are slow moving and it all seems a bit chaotic so be prepared for a long wait. It pays to get there early.

After getting all the forms completed and paying the fees, my wifes fingerprints were taken. Now we are just waiting to receive the authorised documents to send on to the Philippines which she was told would be in about 3 working days.

I will update this thread as we progress the NBI clearance and actually get the documents back from the Philippines.
    An update:-
    We received the documents from the embassy after 5 days and sent them off to the mother in law. They were sent "signed for" which took about 30 days to reach Tacloban. On taking the documents to the NBI office in Tacloban, it seems the computer there is still down (post Yolanda) but they expect it working in early October. We also had to send on scans of all the stamps in my wifes passport (now cancelled after getting dual citizenship) so that they can be printed and taken to the NBI office. More to follow........

Thanks for the update Lordna
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thanks for this, did everything come through OK in the end, it seems a chaotic process.

LV

Quote Originally Posted by LastViking View Post
    Thanks for this, did everything come through OK in the end, it seems a chaotic process.

LV
    Sorry about the delay in responding as we were away in the Philippines and just got back after 4 weeks.

We gave up on waiting for a new NBI clearance and fortunately my wife had an NBI clearance obtained just before she left the Philippines to start living here. This document was considered acceptable by the local authority adoption team (but i suspect this was because they were not familiar with what they were actually looking at!).

On the adoption that has now all gone through and we attend a celebratory hearing next week. My step daughter now shares the same surname as myself and my wife. However, there is a next step involved as the new birth certificate and adoption order paperwork has to be taken up to the Philippine embassy London to be sent on to the NBI. I will also need to update my step daughters dual passports, but i'm sure there is no real rush to complete these final tasks.

On the adoption that has now all gone through and we attend a celebratory hearing next week. My step daughter now shares the same surname as myself and my wife. However, there is a next step involved as the new birth certificate and adoption order paperwork has to be taken up to the Philippine embassy London to be sent on to the NBI. I will also need to update my step daughters dual passports, but i'm sure there is no real rush to complete these final tasks.
    CONGRATULATIONS, Roland and family; so pleased everything went according to plan. Relish next week's celebratory hearing and good luck with each of the aforementioned final tasks.

Sorry about the delay in responding as we were away in the Philippines and just got back after 4 weeks.

We gave up on waiting for a new NBI clearance and fortunately my wife had an NBI clearance obtained just before she left the Philippines to start living here. This document was considered acceptable by the local authority adoption team (but i suspect this was because they were not familiar with what they were actually looking at!).

Very well done and many congratulations to you all

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Congrats! You're the first member here to tell us of a successful adoption of your stepdaughter!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Congratulations , well done!

Thanks lordna, I want to adopt my 15 year old step-son, however I was worried about whether the adoption in the UK would be accepted in the Philippines. I thought that some people had problems in this area. You obviously decided to go ahead, so I assume that there is no difficulty any more, so thank you.

LV

Thread Information