Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Which is easier IDP or British Council?

IELTS in IDP or British Council? Which one is Easy? Anyone here can tell me where to achieve IELTS scores easily? Please

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Both of them are the same. Both of them provides IELTS test and there is no way you can achieve IELTS score easily - yet fiancee or spouse visa requirement for English Test is B1 which is very easy to achieve.

I just saw the reviews on google they say that IDP is much easier than BC so I got curious lol

Melovesengland is right. Both are the same. Took the IELTS twice, my 1st was IDP and the latest was British Council. Got no problem with both

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post
    Melovesengland is right. Both are the same. Took the IELTS twice, my 1st was IDP and the latest was British Council. Got no problem with both
    What about in speaking test? Why did you have to take IELTS twice if you dont mind me asking?

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by honey View Post
    What about in speaking test? Why did you have to take IELTS twice if you dont mind me asking?
    Hi Honey, my wife took IELTS twice also, her reason was because her 1st IELTS certificate would have been invalid at the time she was due to do her ILR - then, a few days after taking her 2nd IELTS, it was announced that we can use the invalid certificate!

Not at all honey. Took my 1st IELTS in 2012. My fiance and I weren't ready in submitting the application til 2 weeks ago, hence, it reached the date of expiry.

For the speaking test, by the way, my interviewer in IDP was a Filipina and British for British Council. They still have the same question format.

I heard a lot of stories that the interviewers who are Filipino usually give low scores. It's not true in my case. Was happy with my results. Expect that they weren't so friendly in asking the questions. I guess they were paid to do that, you know, having a straight face and blunt affect

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Hi Honey, my wife took IELTS twice also, her reason was because her 1st IELTS certificate would have been invalid at the time she was due to do her ILR - then, a few days after taking her 2nd IELTS, it was announced that we can use the invalid certificate!
    Thanks sir michael! Thats good news we can still use the certificate for ILR application in UK someday even if its expired.

I heard a lot of stories that the interviewers who are Filipino usually give low scores. It's not true in my case. Was happy with my results. Expect that they weren't so friendly in asking the questions. I guess they were paid to do that, you know, having a straight face and blunt affect

I prefer to be interviewed by a british than filipino lol I dont know why. Did you go to review centre before you took the exam? How.much does it cost?

I prefer to be interviewed by a british than filipino lol I dont know why. Did you go to review centre before you took the exam? How.much does it cost?
    Paid Php 5,000. You can actually do self review. Have you decided when to take the test?

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Like I said both of them provide same test materials and conduct test procedures. Interviewers vary yes but they follow the same format on interviewing the test takers.

My interviewer was an American bloke who was married with a filipina that resides in Bohol. He was nice, very chatty and he made me feel comfy and confident. Don't believe the rumours that say filo interviewers give low scores, that's just a load of nonsense.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Thanks sir michael! Thats good news we can still use the certificate for ILR application in UK someday even if its expired.
    Of course!

Paid Php 5,000. You can actually do self review. Have you decided when to take the test?
    Yes I just booked british council Exam date is on 6 September. Next thing to do is book to a review centre. Thank u for your help Ms. Anne!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melovesengland View Post
    Like I said both of them provide same test materials and conduct test procedures. Interviewers vary yes but they follow the same format on interviewing the test takers.

My interviewer was an American bloke who was married with a filipina that resides in Bohol. He was nice, very chatty and he made me feel comfy and confident. Don't believe the rumours that say filo interviewers give low scores, that's just a load of nonsense.
    CORRECT! My interviewer was Chinese but very fluent in English. She made me feel I was just talking to my American boss in the US, which was a very good thing for me. It doesn't matter who the interviewer is. If you can speak English, then there's no problem. They have a criteria to follow so the scores I'm sure won't be biased. I chose IDP in Makati because it was just walking distance from my work.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Yes I just booked british council Exam date is on 6 September. Next thing to do is book to a review centre. Thank u for your help Ms. Anne!
    I'm glad the test date has finally been booked!

Try looking at British Council Philippines site first to save you some time and money for the review. Here in Cebu I was too late in finding out that BC offers access to review materials and mock tests through SME international school as long as you register with British Council. When I found out about this online, I left the review center I was enrolled in (I wasn't very happy with my instructor, being always late is one of the many reasons). Anyway, I still am glad I've seen a place where I did my self study and attend mock exams every Saturday.

Try searching the site first and see if they offer the same thing near your area. I suppose you're located in Manila.
    http://www.britishcouncil.ph/exam/ielts

I'm glad the test date has finally been booked!

Try looking at British Council Philippines site first to save you some time and money for the review. Here in Cebu I was too late in finding out that BC offers access to review materials and mock tests through SME international school as long as you register with British Council. When I found out about this online, I left the review center I was enrolled in (I wasn't very happy with my instructor, being always late is one of the many reasons). Anyway, I still am glad I've seen a place where I did my self study and attend mock exams every Saturday.

Try searching the site first and see if they offer the same thing near your area. I suppose you're located in Manila.
    http://www.britishcouncil.ph/exam/ielts

Yes I live in Manila. I just subscribed to Road to IELTS and downloaded some useful applications on app store. Thank you so much for your advice and for patiently guiding me to book the test. Goodluck on your visa application!

Thread Information