Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

On reading here I notice that if you have a copy of your old passport

Hello

I hope all is well with you all

On reading here I notice that if you have a copy of your old passport (along with her new one) with the visa on it and the CFO stamp as well, then if my wife flew back with these papers of proof, they would let her into the UK and she could come back home again, but I must stress here that they are only photo copies

Is that correct?

Thanks

Jonpotter, your question has already been answered under my post #8 in your previous thread under the same subject here here

Unless the UK Entry rules have recently changed it's not normally possible to use photocopy for travel.

You and/or your wife need to contact the British Embassy with your supporting documents and apply for replacement asap

Hello Moderator,

Thank you for your help again.

Upon looking at the link you posted on my page here
    I must confess, I am confused with all this information this link has.

I would like to cut the chase and go directly to the part where it points to exactly where it says about getting an emergency clearance visa at the British Embassy in Manila so that my wife can go by getting an appointment date to visit and that is approved by the visa staff there. Can this be done or does she have start all over again from the beginning that we did a few years ago?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Reposting what Terpe posted in the other thread.

ECB17.2 Replacing a visa (or leave)

If the applicant loses or has their passport and visa stolen, we are issuing a replacement visa (or leave) leave and the full fee is required. If the applicant applies for a replacement visa (or leave) you will need to see a police report or other evidence that satisfactorily establishes that the passport is no longer in their possession This also applies if an applicant had ‘leave to remain’ granted in the UK and are now applying to have it replaced overseas. If required, you may ask for supporting documentation to establish that their circumstances have not changed. ECOs may need to refer to Evidence and Enquiry to obtain information on an applicant’s leave validity granted in the UK.

In the case of the loss of a Home Office travel document the ECO may have to consider issuing a UFF.

See ECB8.13.10
    for further information.

A new CAS / COS is not necessary in an application to replace any leave granted under PBS.

For replacement visas / leave, PROVISO case notes and other records must be updated to take account of the lost or stolen passport and visa.

You need to contact UKVI

(https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi/visas-and-settlement)

or the British Embassy in Manila

(https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com)

to clarify what process you need to do.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thank you Raynaputi

Let me get this straight
    Does this mean we have to start all over again from the beginning

With producing all the same documents, papers, bank statements, sitting for the English test again ,Proof of my income, proof of my home proof of my council taxes proof of everything copy my passport copy any other documents that they ask for?
    So the 3 years and the 2 years that we have lived together mean nothing to them and the very fact that we had already paid almost the one thousand pounds for the visa, All this and more is of no use to them, Ok go and slap my face and hopefully I will wake up and find out this just a dream.

Am I right this is what they want?

Three years gone down the drain
    All for nothing
    What is wrong with these border people?
    Totally inhuman, is what I say

Quick tell me this not true

If you will call the UKVI (I provided the link above), they will be able to tell you what things you needed. I'm honestly not sure what they will ask you to provide. But again, read the ones written below and it says there what may be requested from you and your wife. CALL THE UKVI FOR MORE INFO NEEDED ASAP.

If the applicant applies for a replacement visa (or leave) you will need to see a police report or other evidence that satisfactorily establishes that the passport is no longer in their possession. This also applies if an applicant had ‘leave to remain’ granted in the UK and are now applying to have it replaced overseas. If required, you may be ask for supporting documentation to establish that their circumstances have not changed. ECOs may need to refer to Evidence and Enquiry to obtain information on an applicant’s leave validity granted in the UK.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonpotter View Post
    Thank you raynaputi

Let e get this straight
    Does this mean we have to start all over again from the beginning

With producing all the same documents, papers, bank statements, sitting for the English test again ,Proof of my income, proof of my home proof of my council taxes proof of everything copy my passport copy any other documents that they ask for?
    So the 3 years and the 2 years that we have lived together mean nothing to them and the very fact that we had already paid almost the one thousand pounds for the visa, All this and more is of no use to them, Ok go and slap my face and hopefully I will wake up and find out this just a dream.

Am I right this is what they want?

Three years gone down the drain
    All for nothing
    What is wrong with these border people?
    Totally inhuman, is what I say

Quick tell me this not true
    Read the statements.
    Contact UKVI
    You'll then understand how to replace the ILR visa

Thanks very much for your help

How do we contact the UKVI directly?

JP

We looked at the site thanks, and saw this:

We will require the GWF number allocated to you during the application process and your date of birth to provide this service.

What does GWF mean?

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search:
    GWF

There is no meaning for this on this site or the Home Office site and yet they ask me this question

Do you know what it means?

Trusted Member
    I just googled.

From the UKVI website....

'When you save or submit your online application form, we will send a confirmation email to the email address that you supplied in your application security details. This email will contain a unique reference number (known as a GWF).
    You should make a note of your GWF. You will need it to log in and access your saved form. We will not be able to assist you if you do not know your GWF.
    If you do not receive your confirmation email, please check that:

• you have given us your correct email address, and
    • the message is not in the spam or junk folders in your mailbox'.

---------------------

Still don't know what GWF actually stands for, but you need to check your old emails from UKVI ref. your original visa application.

It (the number) will be on there.

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search:
    GWF

There is no meaning for this on this site or the Home Office site and yet they ask me this question.

Do you know what it means?
    ... having checked the Internet for the meaning of the initials GWF on your behalf, I've also, unfortunately, drawn a blank.

Seems as though it must be some sort of 'Unique Reference Number' used by - and known only to - UKVI.

Hopefully someone else can clarify.

Btw ... to filipino/uk ... and good luck in resolving your current issues.

Thanks Arthur

We were going to phone today but it's a public holiday here in the Philippines, and they have a lot of them

Now why don't we have more public holidays in the UK too?

You should make a note of your GWF. You will need it to log in and access your saved form. We will not be able to assist you if you do not know your GWF.
    If you do not receive your confirmation email, please check that:

Thanks Graham.

What you wrote here makes some sense to me.

Trusted Member

See if you can find any old forms, or copies of, from the original application too...GWF may be on those.

Note to everyone:

ALWAYS scan/copy all your application correspondence and important travel docs...including VISA page and keep for future reference. Store in different places.

Websites leading up to the visa forms

Hello all

Thanks Graham, for your tips. We are trying now to find the old papers from about 3 1/2 years ago

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/philippin...visa_type.html

We found this link above.
    KNOW YOUR VISA TYPE

Then we went to this site:

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

https://www.gov.uk/right-of-abode/ap...of-entitlement

Then one above says: Prove you have right of abode in the UK
    ==============================
    Apply outside the UK

A certificate of entitlement costs £289 outside the UK.

You must apply online unless you’re from:

So we skip this one

Cuba
    North Korea
    Zimbabwe
    ============================
    We come to this site; https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa

Now it says this;

Apply for a UK visa

You can apply online for a UK visa to visit, work, study or join a family member or partner (eg spouse) already in the UK.

You must apply in person if you’re from Cuba or North Korea.

You can also use the new beta service if you’re in China and applying for a general, child or business visitor visa.

We start now

Next page is this: https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

Welcome to Visa4UK

The official UK website for online visa applications, for applicants not in the United Kingdom.

Now it says, Register an Account

Are we at the correct page now before we register?
    Please we would appreciate your help too

Regards

BTW We did call the helpline but I am afraid it is not a very good connection out here in the Phils most of it was garble.
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 31st July 2014 at 14:54. Reason: Posted by mistake - had not finished

Trusted Member
    Jon, as none of us have been in your (and your wife's) situation, you will need to phone UKVI and ask their advice, as indicated in previous posts...or go to the British Embassy.

Hello Moderator,

Can this be done or does she have start all over again from the beginning that we did a few years ago?
    We looked at the site thanks, and saw this:

We will require the GWF number allocated to you during the application process and your date of birth to provide this service.
    Have you get in touch with UKVI through email?

If the visa is issued years ago then you will not have the GWF number
    but
    you have the REFERENCE number ??

The reference number should be in one of your email before they sent out the passport and visa back to the applicant.
    If you don't have it then you should report it to the British Embassy on the day you lost it; so they have the report and nobody use that unique visa number.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

or go to the British Embassy.
    Thank you Graham.

Now this is an interesting comment of yours. A question here:

How can we get into the Embassy and ask them to see us on a emergency without appointment or where is there link to this effect?

Phew one page leads to another then it is back at the 1st page again. God, I could scream but I've got to laugh lol

Trusted Member
    Just google it.
    http://united-kingdom.visahq.co.uk/embassy/philippines/

They also have a Facebook page (British Embassy Manila).

Hello Grahamw48

Thanks for this link we will check this one out too

Just google it.
    http://united-kingdom.visahq.co.uk/embassy/philippines/

They also have a Facebook page (British Embassy Manila).
    This is a copy of the letter=email that my wife sent to the Embassy here in the Phils

Dear Sir/Madam,

May I inform your good office that I am stranded here in the Philippines without a valid visa upon my new passport
    My first passport with a reference number,XX/////////// on it was lost with attached valid visa for (3) years with YAF. no. 1>>< I get a new passport in Central London with my married name upon it
    Me and my Husband J P of North London ::England
    We had planned to apply a new visa to attach in my new passport

But a certain circumstances came and i need to go home in the Philippines for an Emergency without knowing that I need to get a travel document. but I need to see my brother that is too ill before anything will happen like what my other brother too. I didn't attend his funeral and burial,.at the same time I visited his graveyard too to give a respect. Now that everything is okay here with my brother and he is getting well and feel good as well as my family.so I need to go back home in UK where my husband is.

I want to be with him,he wants my attention too.and so do i.and i need to go home as soon as possible.my return ticket will be on the 8th of September 2014.that is why i need a Travel Documents show to the immigration that i can go back home to UK again.
    and i want to know where to go and what kind of application form i need to fill - up so i can travel back to UK where my husband is waiting for me.

I do have all the Documents to comply and to show in your good office; as follow Marriage Certificate,old passport copy,new passport,photo copy of my C.F.O Certificate copy of my visa valid for (3) years,Birth Certificate,and married Certificate...and some pictures to prove that i am already been there for almost (23) months.

I am hoping for your Immediate response regarding this matter.

Sincerely Yours,
    Mrs M J P

Here is their reply

Thank you for contacting Visa4UK Support.

You may be able to find your answer in one of the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) at this link: www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Home/ViewFAQ . If the answer to your query is held in the FAQs you will not receive a further response from this email address.

Having looked at this link the embassy staff sent us
    I for the life of me cannot see anything that is remotely connected with her questions of help from the said embassy

So what can we do now with a situation like this and where do we go now?
    We are really up against a very thick brick wall here and we cannot get any help fro the very people that should and must help my wife to be able to come back home again

Of course my wife should have been more careful with her 1st passport
    But this won’t help us now

Thanks for reading this

Jon, as none of us have been in your (and your wife's) situation, you will need to phone UKVI and ask their advice, as indicated in previous posts...or go to the British Embassy

Hello Graham,

Can we just walk up to their front and ask to be let in to tell them about our problem?

Having looked around the Embassy's websites for the life of me, I could not find a link to be able to book appointment to see them about this matter. Of course, the only other alternative is for us to camp outside the gates until they do let us in
    Last edited by Jonpotter; 31st July 2014 at 15:28. Reason: error

Hello grahamw48
    Can we just walk up to their front and ask to be let in to tell them about our problem?
    Having looked around the embassy's websites the life of me. I could find a link to be able to book appointment to see them about this matter of course the only other alternative is for us to camp outside the gates until they do let us in
    That's probably your best bet. (camping out)

I've fired off emails to them non stop and all I seem to get are these stupid emails with rather silly links that do not answer my questions.

Getting a real person on the end of a telephone is all rather old fashioned and dull these days it seems.

Personally, I would really love to smack them over the head with their useless "links"..

If they were heavier.

Personally,I would really love to smack them over the head with their useless "links"..
    If they were heavier.

Thanks Fred for that support and we will give them a few links of our own when we see them?

The only thing that worries me is that they might have us shot for being terrorists?

You can call the British Embassy.

Out-of-hours emergency assistance

British nationals who urgently require consular assistance outside normal office hours should call +63 2 858 2200 where they will be given details on how to proceed.

https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-manila

-=rayna.keith=-

British nationals who urgently require consular assistance outside normal office hours should call +63 2 858 2200 where they will be given details on how to proceed.
    Thanks Raynaputi

It's not me that needs the help. It's for my wife and she is a Filipino so maybe they won't help her?

What do you think?

Thanks Raynaputi

It's not me that needs the help. It's for my wife and she is a Filipino so maybe they won't help her?

What do you think?
    Just call them, no harm done. And it's better if you're the one who would talk to them, at least you can explain everything as clear as you want.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Just call them, no harm done. And it's better if you're the one who would talk to them, at least you can explain everything as clear as you want.
    Thanks Rayna, I will do just that

Hello Rayna,

Well, we did call them 7 times and all we got was an answering machine.

Go to

www.gov.uk/visa-immigration. It's the same old story with the same old run-a-round and getting nowhere fast No human voice at the end of the line to talk to. I really don't know why they bother to have this emergency phone line ? I know our situation is out of the ordinary every day visa enquiry.

God I've never felt so lonely before when being out of the UK travelling around the world as I have. With most embassies I've been in contact were a lot easier to communicate than the one we are trying here.
    You see if we fill in the wrong form and pay that fee that is required? we will never get that money back and we will still don't know where to go from here and the problem we are having trying to get some information on the correct application form with the correct number of that form so we can fill in and just get on with it. The trouble is that I have to be back at work soon and they will not extend my emergency leave any longer Thanks all for your help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information