Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question Self employment - Spouse Visa

I'm self employed for past 6 years. My last year's annual figure was £15k plus with 4 month in Philippines got married spent all xmas and birthdays with my baby and got house etc, spent lot time in Philippines from December to March, the year before was 22k annually with 18,686 profit / year before that was also above the minimum bracket. So far this year - from April - I earned approx 8k as of this week's calculation. I'm aiming to achieve well above bracket of £18.600, with average £2k month earnings. I'm self employed got all monthly statements and bank statements.

Will this do for visa application? Will they take the situation into account ???? So unsure what to do. Will explain the matter in my support letter /hoping to file visa by end of August my wife had all English tests done passed easily and TB and all paperwork all sorted and ready.

Hope everyone here is well and fine and all enjoying the sun too. Great forum always checking and been great help in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by sunset112 View Post
    I'm self employed for past 6 years. My last year's annual figure was £15k plus with 4 month in Philippines got married spent all xmas and birthdays with my baby and got house etc, spent lot time in Philippines from December to March, the year before was 22k annually with 18,686 profit / year before that was also above the minimum bracket. So far this year - from April - I earned approx 8k as of this week's calculation. I'm aiming to achieve well above bracket of £18.600, with average £2k month earnings. I'm self employed got all monthly statements and bank statements.

Will this do for visa application? Will they take the situation into account ???? So unsure what to do. Will explain the matter in my support letter /hoping to file visa by end of August my wife had all English tests done passed easily and TB and all paperwork all sorted and ready.

Hope everyone here is well and fine and all enjoying the sun too. Great forum always checking and been great help in the past.
    As you'll know, under self-employed there are two categories:-
    - Category F - you are in self-employment at the date of application and using income from the last full financial year to meet the financial requirement.

- Category G - you are in self-employment at the date of application and choose to use an average of the income received in the last 2 full financial years to meet the financial requirement.

Do be aware that the £18600 is going to be Taxable Income
    For self-employed that means revenue less business expenses.
    If your business accounts show that you are being taxed on an amount less than £18600 then the application will fall for refusal. Period.

Really confusing being self employed. I am a sub contactor [CIS] I can use Cat G to add last 2 financial years together at gross amount to put towards my wife's visa application as sponsor.

I earned £22,737 before tax deducted. CIS deductions £4581, that year 2011-12. Last year was £15,628 and CIS £3,623 DEDUCTED. Do I add the gross together to give me average income?

Sorry, just not getting how to sort for spouse visa requirement. Any help pls or advice?

Under a Cat F application you can use gross taxable income from the last full financial year.

Under a Cat G application you can indeed utilise the average gross taxable income received in the last two full financial
    years.
    So for example if you had a gross taxable income of £16,800 in the last full financial year, but in the previous financial
    year you received an income of £20,400 the average income from the two financial years would be considered as £18,600

The specific details and mandatory supporting documentation can be found in Annex FM Section FM 1.7: Financial Requirement
    Please do take time to review. UKVI are very strict on this

Thread Information