So we already have a date for our wedding and that would be on 30th of August 2014. Here are some stuff that might help others about giving notice.

A month ago, my fiance booked a date for giving notice in Manchester Register Office. Our schedule was 21st of July 2014 at 11:30 in the morning. The registry office is located at Heron House 47 Lloyd St. Manchester M2 5LE. We didn't want to miss our schedule so we decided to go there via train instead of using his car coz there might be no parking space or we might get lost in the road.

From Newton Le Willows, we walked going to Earlestown station and bought train tickets, our destination is Manchester Oxford Road and we walked few minutes to Lloyd street, |(believe me, it was quite easy)

We brought our passports
My fiance's some utility bills (e.g. mortgage statement)
My birthcertificate
Fiance's driving license

Those were exaggerated but we just want to make sure.

We went to the first floor of Heron House and Reception 2, told the receptionist that we have an appointment and we just waited there for few minutes and a guy from register office has to interview you (just small talk) one by one in a room. He called my fiance first then me.

So he just asked personal details, he also asked the arrival date because I believe that you have to be in UK minimum of 7 days before you can give notice, and also he asked the wedding date which will be on August 30 so it is still good for the 16 days of posting.

After that they will notify the registry office where you will get married and they will also send you some papers that you have to send via post or personally to your chosen venue/register office.

And that's it! we are done. We are just waiting for the letter and send it to the registry office where we are getting married and paid for some fees.

We will have a free weekend with his daughter so my fiance wants us to go out and have our advance honey moon treat. Do you have a budget friendly suggestions where we can go or what to do?